IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - July 24th 2012

Pixelboy

I currently have 12 copies left of Girl's Garden. It's been a slow seller, but I do sell a copy every once in a while. Most people who buy it without being sure if they're going to like it are usually pleasantly surprised at the quality of the gameplay. :) It's cute, relatively non-violent, and pretty easy at first, which makes it interesting for girls who don't usually play video games. But the difficulty ramps up in the later levels, so the challenge is definately there.

It really is an all-around great game, very much in keeping with the "arcade" experience of a Coleco game. Get past the title, get past the pink cart, and just buy one. Seriously. You can take my word for it ;)

But wait, I did mention something about a couple of surprises, didn't I? :) The two games presented below will be released on Christmas Day, along with my other 2012 releases. They have also been added to the official Team Pixelboy web site.

QUEST FOR THE GOLDEN CHALICE

DRAGON'S LAIR

Looking forward to both of these games, and I'm aglad to see you're not rushing to get other games out just for the sake of getting them out. I'd hate to see you fall into a cycle like some other publishers of late and run into release delays and quality control issues.

Your releases to date have all been top notch, and I'd like you to keep them that way.

If you do decide to go the ebay route with some "exclusives" or "limited editions" just don't go nuts please, I know this is your first so don't take this personally but some of these other "limited editions" are getting out of hand, especially when they are offered on ebay only.

You know we all want your games! ;)

My wish list in order of preference :

Quest for golden Chalice (the idea of enhanced version of Adventure was also on my todo list , i'm happy somebody else did it! :) )

Champion Ice Hockey (i'm a great fan of ice hockey video game , i don't like ice hockey sport but video game yes, since i played in the 80's to the activision rendition on Atari 2600).

Spelunker (love that game)

Princess Quest (love that game too, low on my list because i already own it on MSX , but this game is fabulous!)

Dragon's lair (not sure about that one, but may be i'm dragon's lair fan , but the fact i requires SGM could make me think 2 times before buying it)

If you do decide to go the ebay route with some "exclusives" or "limited editions" just don't go nuts please, I know this is your first so don't take this personally but some of these other "limited editions" are getting out of hand, especially when they are offered on ebay only.

Oh, you don't need to worry. I'm doing these Collector Mini-Carts just for fun. I don't think I'll do any others aside from Super Action Soccer and Spy Hunter Arcade (and SHA is not even a sure thing yet). I consider them a small diversion from my main mission statement. :)

Wow Luc! impressive!

Although I really wanted Spelunker sooner - I can wait (really got into that game on the C64).

Can't wait to bid on the mini-game...

As others have stated - I'll take them all as usual (and the 2013 releases) - glad I've been saving this year.

Team Pixelboy, Collectorvision and Opcode games are really digging into my retirement fund!

Jeff31

One question, "What will happen to spending 2013 working on BasicVision then"? :P

It's still the plan, for the most part. If I can get all the boxes (for the 2012 and 2013 titles) printed this year, then that will leave the manuals, which isn't nearly as much work as the box templates. It takes me about a week to write up a single manual, so it's not too bad. Assembling carts and gluing boxes together is time-consuming, but again, it's not something that requires months and months of work.

So the 2013 BasicVision plan still stands, although it may take me more than a year to complete the parser and all the auxiliary editors, given that I'll have to beta-test certain games, like The Black Onyx. I followed newcoleco's course on the CV BIOS sound format at AdamCon, and it made me realize how much work it's going to require just to acquire a good understanding of how to make music and sound effects on the CV. I had an easier time with Dale Wick's assembly language course, but his code examples relied heavily on the CV BIOS routines, so there's still a lot of stuff to learn on that front. Until I've sufficiently mastered sound output and assembly programming, BasicVision will remain an empty shell of an application. :)

It may be more basic (ha!) then it seems. Somebody has already done a preliminary port of ZX Basic for the Sega Master System:

http://www.smspower....pic.php?t=12902

If you could scavenge his framework and convert over the Sega specific code then you'd be much farther along, methinks.

That's pretty interesting for sure. The last time I talked to Pixelboy about using an existing parser though he suggested that he wanted to do it himself for his own knowledge and experience. So I'm sure he will make the choices that he needs to satisfy himself. Of course I'm not shy about looking over other people's source code to learn new tricks and techniques. So from that point of view he has my full support for access to my Express Basic Compiler (which currently can make Adam games but not make ColecoVision games at the moment).

I have to say though that the SMS Basic compiler isn't very far along, and has not had any updates in the last year. My BASIC compiler is much further along I guess. Anyway, it could be interesting for Pixelboy to look over at least.

I have to say though that the SMS Basic compiler isn't very far along, and has not had any updates in the last year. My BASIC compiler is much further along I guess. Anyway, it could be interesting for Pixelboy to look over at least.

If only I had the time... :ponder: :)

My wish list in order of preference :

Quest for golden Chalice (the idea of enhanced version of Adventure was also on my todo list , i'm happy somebody else did it! :) )

Champion Ice Hockey (i'm a great fan of ice hockey video game , i don't like ice hockey sport but video game yes, since i played in the 80's to the activision rendition on Atari 2600).

Spelunker (love that game)

Princess Quest (love that game too, low on my list because i already own it on MSX , but this game is fabulous!)

Dragon's lair (not sure about that one, but may be i'm dragon's lair fan , but the fact i requires SGM could make me think 2 times before buying it)

I'm glad to say that Princess Quest for Colecovision has some extras in gameplay :), per suggestion of Yurkie and Pixelboy there are hidden chests with prizes and in world 3 is important to find the chests :)

:D Get an ADAM Computer seeing as it will work on it without the need of the SGM. :D

I know how good is Dragon's lair on the Adam. Just i'd buy it for colecovision only if i'm sure the SGM is really required.(i mean if technically there is a real reason to require the SGM) ,but in my opinion for Dragon's lair on colecovision you don't need SGM , just a MegaCart would be enough.

:D Get an ADAM Computer seeing as it will work on it without the need of the SGM. :D

I know how good is Dragon's lair on the Adam. Just i'd buy it for colecovision only if i'm sure the SGM is really required.(i mean if technically there is a real reason to require the SGM) ,but in my opinion for Dragon's lair on colecovision you don't need SGM , just a MegaCart would be enough.

That would probably require a total rewrite of the Adam game.

It was worth a shot... that is to get another ADAMite in the ranks. :P

Shipping an ADAM across the Big Pond would end up being a very big nut unless you know someone in the U.S. Military and can have it shipped via an APO address, then there is of course the purchase price of the system and the big question of whether everything is working... plus you would probably want a Disk Drive and then D.L. game. That would get a lot more expensive than buying a SGM and the CV D.L. cart as I'm sure you know all too well.

Anyway, I'll be buying one when released but seeing as I played the game to hell and back BITD, I'm not as interested in the game but in what Luc does with the box and manual. On second thought, it will be nice to have a cartridge version so as to save wear and tear on the ADAM Data and Disk Drives when I do feel the urge to play the game.

....and more copies of Gulkave than I care to admit. :P

You can use all those extra copies of Gulkave as stocking stuffers for everyone that orders your new releases on X-Mas morning OR we can take them out to the desert and bury them, but it may be hard finding a free spot what with all those E.T. cartridges hogging up all the space.

Another quick update: Star Force and Konami's Ping-Pong are now sold out as well. I still have a couple of copies of Circus Charlie, 11 copies of Girl's Garden, and more copies of Gulkave than I care to admit. :P

Gulkave is one of the very best homebrews, dont know why more people arent buying them up

Another quick update: Star Force and Konami's Ping-Pong are now sold out as well. I still have a couple of copies of Circus Charlie, 11 copies of Girl's Garden, and more copies of Gulkave than I care to admit. :P

Gulkave is one of the very best homebrews, dont know why more people arent buying them up

I agree! I love that game..

I agree! I love that game..

Gulkave has actually been a rather good seller, considering I sold over 120 out of a total of 150 copies produced. Also, not everyone is into space shooters... :)

Just a quick update: Bank Panic is now sold out.

Also, I have two copies of Ping-Pong, two copies of Star Force and two copies of Circus Charlie left in stock.

Finally, see below for a picture of the Super Action Soccer Collector Mini-cart. :)

So whats the Super Action Soccer Collector Mini cart? Is that being sold or is that just a tease :grin:

Edited by RelliK111