IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - July 24th 2012

Pixelboy

I gotta tell you Girls Garden is pretty darn cool with those annoying bears and all the action, I can't believe some of those still exist.

I was really impressed when I was working on it. And it gets hard fast, too.

So nobody has found the secret cheat mode code yet?

Last Christmas, I sent people the cheat code for Girl's Garden by e-mail, as a small gift. :)

So whats the Super Action Soccer Collector Mini cart? Is that being sold or is that just a tease :grin:

Why don't you try actually reading the Team Pixelboy News Bulletin, Brian? :ponder:

I gotta tell you Girls Garden is pretty darn cool with those annoying bears and all the action, I can't believe some of those still exist.

I was really impressed when I was working on it. And it gets hard fast, too.

So nobody has found the secret cheat mode code yet?

Last Christmas, I sent people the cheat code for Girl's Garden by e-mail, as a small gift. :)

So whats the Super Action Soccer Collector Mini cart? Is that being sold or is that just a tease :grin:

Why don't you try actually reading the Team Pixelboy News Bulletin, Brian? :ponder:

:woozy: Oops that was dumb of me, I thought I already read the first page but I guess not :ponder:

Might there still be a copy of Circus Charlie left and if so how may I purchase it from you ? Man I love that game, just playing at the new arcade bar by my house. Thanks !

Sorry, all my games are now sold out, except for Gulkave and Girl's Garden (of which I have 8 copies left). Send me an e-mail if you're interested in either of those games. :)

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone, I just beat Wonder Boy on SG-1000! While it isn't exactly the best port, and has several things missing from the Arcade, there are many things that the port did right. The level design is excellent, and fighting Drancon is more fun than on the Master System. :D

Also, the final stage is really bizarre and cool, unlike stages from any other version. While Wonder Boy is only a 5 stage game, it will take you weeks to beat it. Whenever the game comes out on ColecoVision, I highly suggest buying it. After all, it is the only Wonder Boy game completely by Sega themselves. :)

Rating: 7/10 :)

Hey everyone, I just beat Wonder Boy on SG-1000! While it isn't exactly the best port, and has several things missing from the Arcade, there are many things that the port did right. The level design is excellent, and fighting Drancon is more fun than on the Master System. :D

Also, the final stage is really bizarre and cool, unlike stages from any other version. While Wonder Boy is only a 5 stage game, it will take you weeks to beat it. Whenever the game comes out on ColecoVision, I highly suggest buying it. After all, it is the only Wonder Boy game completely by Sega themselves. :)

Rating: 7/10 :)

You beat Wonder Boy on SG-1000 !!!!

Man, you are truly good a this game!

Though game but also a GREAT game..... Just get used of the scrolling and you are set!

You beat Wonder Boy on SG-1000 !!!!

Man, you are truly good a this game!

Though game but also a GREAT game..... Just get used of the scrolling and you are set!

Trust me, it took a LONG time.

Figuring out the best strategy to beat Drancon on each stage, as well as getting past the stupid pits that warp you back two stages took some time to get used to.

I'm still trying to beat Sega Pitfall II. That's easily the best platformer on the system, and almost as fun as Super Mario Bros. :)

I'm currently able to get two of the four items, and reach 76,000 points, which is 100% up to the point I die at. I think 100% in the whole game is 88,000 points, but I am not sure.

The Castle is also an awesome platformer that must be ported to ColecoVision, but there are areas where you can get stuck, and it is a very long game. There are 100 rooms, and so far I can only reach about 35 rooms.

Speaking of today, I now have 21 games in my collection! Star Jacker is a very simplistic shooter, but is extremely fun to play, has a timeless little tune, and is as addictive as Monaco GP. :D

SG-1000 is a force to be reckoned with. Not even the mediocre system everyone makes it out to be. ;)

Edited by segagamer99

The Castle is also an awesome platformer that must be ported to ColecoVision, but there are areas where you can get stuck, and it is a very long game. There are 100 rooms, and so far I can only reach about 35 rooms.

If the game wasn't so mind-numbingly slow, I would probably be more enclined to publish a ColecoVision version. As it is, however, I just can get used to the slow pace of the game. But speed issues aside, I agree that it's quite a fine game, so if there was a way to accelerate the game just a little bit, I would be happy to publish it. :)

If the game wasn't so mind-numbingly slow, I would probably be more enclined to publish a ColecoVision version. As it is, however, I just can get used to the slow pace of the game. But speed issues aside, I agree that it's quite a fine game, so if there was a way to accelerate the game just a little bit, I would be happy to publish it. :)

The second button speeds up/speeds down the game :D

EDIT: Luc, you might be thinking of the MSX version. I've never played that one, but MSX games only use the spacebar for some bizarre reason, and The Castle was originally on the MSX. Sega probably had that issue with the game, so when they reprogrammed it, they must have put the speed up button in. It's a very useful button. There are many times where you need to switch back and forth speeds, and the sped up music is fun!

Edited by segagamer99

Some years ago I've played The Castle Excellent for MSX complete. :) It's a big game with a hundred of rooms and some puzzles that almost make you crazy.

Of course, I've played saving to cassette (emulated,) but took me several days to figure some solutions (like taking a key and opening a door very far away then getting back with all those enemies). :-o

Indeed the game is slow but there is a key to speed up the game. Everything runs faster even the music. Near the end I was almost crazy not by the puzzles but by the music :-D

A very challenging game. As far as I know The Castle Excellent is the sequel to The Castle.

Some years ago I've played The Castle Excellent for MSX complete. :) It's a big game with a hundred of rooms and some puzzles that almost make you crazy.

Of course, I've played saving to cassette (emulated,) but took me several days to figure some solutions (like taking a key and opening a door very far away then getting back with all those enemies). :-o

Indeed the game is slow but there is a key to speed up the game. Everything runs faster even the music. Near the end I was almost crazy not by the puzzles but by the music :-D

A very challenging game. As far as I know The Castle Excellent is the sequel to The Castle.

Porting the SG-1000 version of "The Castle" to the ColecoVision would probably be a little easier than porting the MSX version, although with the SGM, either could be done relatively easely, I suppose.

You can speed up The Castle and The Castle Excellent in MSX too. Just hold down the A button while running or jumping(actually it only seem to work when jumping). I'm using the emulator MESS to do this. In SG-1000 there is a separate button for speed up.

Merry Christmas everyone.