IGNORED

What are you playing on 3DS?

How are you liking it? I loved Triple Deluxe. I still have half a dozen games to burn through in my backlog but this game is definitely on my radar.

It's great, the controls are spot on and I like the way you play as "regular" Kirby and a "mech" Kirby. You can pilot these mech suits that absorb powers and blow stuff up. It seems kind of easy but I don't mind as I can't really tolerate old school difficult games anymore (just don't have the time). The levels are really cool and puzzle like with lots of secrets everywhere. I haven't played it in over a week, need to get back to it.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I pigged out on the eShop sale, which is still going on thru December 5th. This is likely my last hurrah for 3DS, as there won't be many new games after this.

http://happyholidays.nintendo.com/cyber-deals/#nintendo-3ds

i always do this shit.. saw the deal for Megaman Legacy collection for $7.49. Way too good a deal to pass up. I start up 3DS go to e-shop.. and, I already purchased the title and it's friggin right there installed. I just forgot about it.

I just got one of the $99 3DS's. Only game I have right now is Super Mario Land 3D. I wanted the Sega 3D Classics collection, but it was sold out. Super Mario Land is ok I guess... I've always felt like Mario's last really great game was Donkey Kong.

My 3DS has a screen that doesn't seem to close quite flat. One side sits maybe 1/2 mm higher than the other, and the bumper on that side is not touching the base. Does anyone else have that issue? It's kind of an OCD thing, not functional, but it's driving me a little crazy. Since this thing is sold out at Amazon and the other models are all more expensive, I can't just exchange it.

Edited by spacecadet

My 3DS has a screen that doesn't seem to close quite flat. One side sits maybe 1/2 mm higher than the other, and the bumper on that side is not touching the base.

They should sit flat.

But maybe if you leave it that way, your top screen won't get scratched up as bad on that side?

They should sit flat.

It's very slight - I attached a couple photos. Am I just being nitpicky? In one pic you can see what it looks like if you're not being totally obsessive, and in the other you can see that the bumper on the one side isn't sitting on the base.

I really can't decide if this is worth doing anything over.

post-6166-0-87733200-1480960276_thumb.jpg

post-6166-0-26898500-1480960283_thumb.jpg

What kind of 3DS is that? It looks very small... is this an illusion? (e.g. GBA Micro?)

MrBlackCat

It's just the regular one, not the XL. I would have bought an XL but price was more important to me than size. I'm just annoyed that it seems slightly bent. I think the screen/lid is actually straight, it looks like the base/bottom part is actually bent slightly upwards on the right side. When I put it on a table, it doesn't really sit flat either. If I push on the back left corner, it wobbles.

It's just the regular one, not the XL. I would have bought an XL but price was more important to me than size. I'm just annoyed that it seems slightly bent. I think the screen/lid is actually straight, it looks like the base/bottom part is actually bent slightly upwards on the right side. When I put it on a table, it doesn't really sit flat either. If I push on the back left corner, it wobbles.

I can see where that would bother me as well.

I am curious as to where you get this for $99, if you don't mind... I would like to have one.

MrBlackCat

I am curious as to where you get this for $99, if you don't mind... I would like to have one.

I got mine at Amazon when they had them: https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-New-3DS-Super-Mario-Black/dp/B01MFAWPRA/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1480980788&sr=1-4&keywords=3ds&linkCode=ll1&tag=atariage&linkId=8f51469de3b79e9794d435e54972f927

They're like the NES Classic, just hard to find right now. This is my problem as far as exchanging it. I almost definitely would if I could. As it is, I have to consider whether it's worth dealing with Nintendo over what's really just a minor cosmetic issue. I'm just someone who likes new products I spend money on to be perfect.

I got mine at Amazon when they had them: https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-New-3DS-Super-Mario-Black/dp/B01MFAWPRA/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1480980788&sr=1-4&keywords=3ds&linkCode=ll1&tag=atariage&linkId=8f51469de3b79e9794d435e54972f927

They're like the NES Classic, just hard to find right now. This is my problem as far as exchanging it. I almost definitely would if I could. As it is, I have to consider whether it's worth dealing with Nintendo over what's really just a minor cosmetic issue. I'm just someone who likes new products I spend money on to be perfect.

Thank you for the link...

I totally agree with your expectation of new products needing to be perfect... I can live with micro-scratches from handling, but a physical dimension problem would be outside what I would think acceptable.

MrBlackCat

Well.. I haven't played much of anything on the 3DS in months... not really due to me not wanting to play on it but rather my son has kind of taken it over. lol He spent months playing Yo-Kai Watch and will likely be returning to the 3DS for some Pokemon Moon and Yo-Kai Watch 2 come this Christmas. Don't tell him but I already picked a copy of that up for him! lol

Seeing as I have been banished from the 3DS.. I think I need to trim my collection of games down and keep only the ones I really want to keep or the ones my son really wants to keep. Considering our library is about 50 games (plus regular DS titles) I may end up selling over a dozen or two dozen! I know I have that fancy version of Code of Princess (with art book and cd) and Shin Megami Tensei IV (boxed with guide etc) that I plan on selling... time to get off my duff and get to it. lol