IGNORED

What are you playing on 3DS?

I've held one and was personally a little surprised how small the screens looked.

Screens are supposed to be the same size as the original 3DS, which is a tiny bit larger than the DS's screen, and higher resolution.

New 3DS's screen is a little bit bigger.

I hate these stupid Nintendo names.. but in the states isn't the only "NEW 3DS" model the XL version?

I hate them too, but it's not usually an issue.

The white New 3DS is available in the States, but not the black one. There's a bundle with Happy Home Designer, and soon there will be one with Pokemon.

I hate them too, but it's not usually an issue.

I think it can be.. the difference between "3DS" and "New 3DS" can get confusing.e.g. If someone says in conversation they bought a "new 3DS" vs. a "New 3DS", which one was it? :lol:

The white New 3DS is available in the States, but not the black one. There's a bundle with Happy Home Designer, and soon there will be one with Pokemon.

Are you saying those are going to be "small" New 3DS's and not "XL" sized? Interesting.. like I said I thought all the new models of the New 3DS were XL sized.

Edited by NE146

You ever check out Yokai-Watch? Myself and my kid dig it. :P. there's a free demo out there for it too.

Actually, no. It does look interesting, and perhaps a demo IS in order to get my feet wet, as it were. I love the oddball titles that have their own little "niche", so maybe this is just the ticket. I've been playing Pokemon since forever..a little refreshing change could do wonders.

Speaking of wonders, anyone out there tackling Final Fantasy Explorers?

If someone says in conversation they bought a "new 3DS" vs. a "New 3DS", which one was it? :lol:

Yeah, but after that, 99% of the time you're just going to call it "my 3DS" ;)

And yes, those two bundles I mentioned are the "small" model with detachable cover plates, each one comes with two sets. I think right now they're only selling a few different sets at Nintendo's website, but it's probably way easier to just import them through eBay or something.

Question: How is either one of the Pokemon games for the 3DS (Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby)? I've played X/Y, but will be looking for a Pokemon game next month to add to my collection.

Or should I try out and play Final Fantasy Explorers instead? I keep hearing mixed reviews about it.

Edited by wolfpaw1966

Question: How is either one of the Pokemon games for the 3DS (Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby)? I've played X/Y, but will be looking for a Pokemon game next month to add to my collection.

Or should I try out and play Final Fantasy Explorers instead? I keep hearing mixed reviews about it.

AS & OR are both perfectly fine. I think I enjoyed X/Y a bit more, but I had no issues with either of these. I really liked the secret base feature.

Fun overall.

I've got OmegaRuby myself and my daughter has the other. I really enjoyed it. Still lots to do after finishing the main story.

I can't wait for the original games to be released on the eshop next week. I don't think there is any chance of catching all the current Pokemon (over 700) but I might be able to catch the original 151.

It seems like generally positive reviews for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. I'm not sure I want to get deeply involved in Animal Crossing New Leaf again. I'm looking more for a game that won't "continue" when I'm not playing. I've always enjoyed the Pokemon games in the past, so this might just be the ticket I'm looking for.

Thanks for the heads up.

Steve

I did it! I finally joined the 3DS/2DS generation.

Thanks for the feedback guys.Feels good in my hands.

Which do I play first?

I'm thinking in this order:

Pilotwings

Mario

Zelda

I think I'll check out the ds online store first.

Very early 50th birthday present!! Never to

Old for Nintendo handhelds!

post-4314-0-52833200-1456086929_thumb.jpg

I did it! I finally joined the 3DS/2DS generation.

Thanks for the feedback guys.Feels good in my hands.

Which do I play first?

I'm thinking in this order:

Pilotwings

Mario

Zelda

I think I'll check out the ds online store first.

Very early 50th birthday present!! Never to

Old for Nintendo handhelds!

Welcome! I have all three games and Pilot Wings is a bit thin. Don't get me wrong, it's fun for what it is and the 3D is amazing but if you want to dive into something a bit more meaty I personally recommend Mario to begin with.

Excellent 3D as well and more game play and variety if you ask me.

Although I've never played Pilotwings (perish the thought), the other two games, Super Mario 3D Land and Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, are both excellent games to begin with. I really kick myself for not getting a 2DS when I switched back to a handheld for newer game play options (I got the "new 3DS", but frankly the 2DS would have been a better buy with the option to get more games for it as well).

So, congratulations, Zeptari1! Excellent choice and welcome to a very fun (and playable) handheld from Nintendo. All three games will keep you busy for many hours/days/weeks, my recommendation is get into Link. The game play and story are excellent, with many, many hours to keep you busy exploring the lands of Hyrule.

I spent a few hours transfering my DSi stuff over to the 2DS, creating a mii character and just messing around the interace.

Next I loaded up Mario64 DS, ahhhh much better with the disc like analog controller even if the game only reads it as digital.

Next I played Super Mario 3D Land. Did not disappoint me at all. Excellent game.

Now I'm in the online store downloading demos. Mario Golf and The Keep. Fun times.

Haven't been this excitd since I got my fat DS and Mario64 DS , like what 10 years ago!!

Sounds like you're having fun with the new system. Have you tried Link yet? Not sure if you've experienced the game in it's previous versions on the older platforms, but Link Between Worlds pays some tribute to them in one form or another.

I don't mean to prattle, but it's quite good, one I plan to get again sometime this year to add to my rather meager collection. Super Mario 3D Land was a surprise when I first played it, and one to try as well is New Super Mario Bros 2. So many coins to collect, and some awesome classic Mario platforming as well.

Edited by wolfpaw1966

I played Mario 3d land. So no I didn't get to the Zelda game yet.A link to the past is my favorite Zelda game. So I'm really looking forward to this one.

I saw the Tomodachi game in the store. But I have no idea what it all about. What's the highlight on that one?

Starfox 64 was $40!!! Can you guys believe that? I guess it's out of print or something.

I played Mario 3d land. So no I didn't get to the Zelda game yet.A link to the past is my favorite Zelda game. So I'm really looking forward to this one.

I saw the Tomodachi game in the store. But I have no idea what it all about. What's the highlight on that one?

Starfox 64 was $40!!! Can you guys believe that? I guess it's out of print or something.

Well, Tomodatchi Life translates to "Friend Life", where you can create Mii's of your friends and let them loose on an island. You have no direct control over the Mii's, but you can buy them outfits, get them things, and watch them interact with other Mii's you put on the island. Visitors will appear on your island from time to time (from Streetpass, I think, but I can't remember as I haven't had the game for a long time) and camp out sometimes. You can decorate their apartments, they'll fall in love and have babies (which leads to more Mii's on your island) and move to their own houses which you can visit from time to time.

It's a pretty good game if you're into things of that nature.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm playing through Kirby Triple Deluxe right now; it's a fantastic (albeit relatively easy) 2D platformer. Highly recommended for the great soundtrack, charming visuals, solid gameplay, and overall brilliant aesthetic.

I'm also addicted to getting those collectible keychains. :P

Oh, you can increase the difficulty of Triple Deluxe by fighting the bosses without power-ups. Then things get a whole lot trickier...

(Admittedly, when I played, difficulty wasn't a concern. I went up against the last boss with the Archer ability which lets you hide behind a bush, making you invulnerable to EVERYTHING. Hey, it worked!)

Lately, I just play the Badge Arcade and scribble in Miiverse. I had my New 3DS hacked but Nintendo put a swift end to that... heh. I'm waiting for the re-release of Zelda: Ocarina of Time in the hope that it will open the system back up for homebrew. The New 3DS is much better for that kind of thing than the old one; so much so that I have to use a flash cartridge to play emulators for the original DS. And that flash cart wouldn't even work until I hacked my Old 3DS and ran a white list!

Oh, you can increase the difficulty of Triple Deluxe by fighting the bosses without power-ups.

I never liked that about the newer Kirby games. In the older games, power-ups didn't work that great against bosses, and you were always better off spitting things at them. The newer games, get a power-up and breeze through everything, no problem! Kirby 64 was the first one I played that was like that, and I didn't care for it at all.

I had my New 3DS hacked but Nintendo put a swift end to that...

I posted this in the other thread, but I don't think you saw it:

"I have the Homebrew Launcher installed on mine (via Ironhax) and Miiverse is working just fine, I just had to update a couple of files.

I never use Miiverse on the 3DS though; it's too slow, and it's nowhere near as cool as on the WiiU."

I might add that Badge Arcade is also working fine, but for the eShop, or for games where I might want to use Real Money, I have to open them through the Homebrew Launcher, via Hans.

Been playing the demo of "Bravely Second" to get a feel for it's similarities and differences from the first game. Well done so far, from what I've experienced. This demo is pretty straightforward in it's play and style, and in my opinion is really good for a small taste of the full game to come.

Other than that, more Pokemon Yellow and Smash Bros regularly.