IGNORED

Super Mario 2600 Entire World 1 Demo!

Sprybug

amazed at this... forget Halo 4 and Super Mario Bros Wii... give me Halo 2600 & this.

I'm trying. Al must be really busy. I've pretty much told him I'm ready to go, asked him how he'd like the format of my packaging materials and it's been almost a week since I heard from him.

• Like 1

I'm trying. Al must be really busy. I've pretty much told him I'm ready to go, asked him how he'd like the format of my packaging materials and it's been almost a week since I heard from him.

No kidding! I've been waiting for quite a while on a PM from Albert telling me that Halo 2600 is ready. Will it sell in the store with a box as well or is there just a cart only option? Either way, this SMB title is definitely worth slurging a little extra for the box. Are you completely finished bug-testing? Also don't forget about doing a PAL release (altered colors and 312 scanline count) for our friends across the pond. ;)

No kidding! I've been waiting for quite a while on a PM from Albert telling me that Halo 2600 is ready. Will it sell in the store with a box as well or is there just a cart only option? Either way, this SMB title is definitely worth slurging a little extra for the box. Are you completely finished bug-testing? Also don't forget about doing a PAL release (altered colors and 312 scanline count) for our friends across the pond. ;)

Yep, I plan on a PAL release too. Doing a PAL version, from what I've read and been told, only requires me to change the colors to be PAL friendly. Al was thinking about a full box, cart, and manual, so I did it all. It's all up to him on how he wants to package it. I haven't heard from him in so long. It's all been ready to go for over a week, I just need to hear back on what format he'd like the materials in.

• Like 1

Sprybug, well you have had enough people tell you "amazing," but I must say having just watched one of the videos "wow." I remember the arcade stand-up version of this from scary long time ago, but I remember it well enough to know that you are doing a solid conversion given the 2600's hardware limits. It seems to me that you have focused on smooth play, and that's a smart priority.

You asked for suggestions. Well, this port is obviously something you want to complete, but after that you could re-use and modify the engine for an original side-scrolling jumper, one where you'd be able to use every possible strength of the hardware without the goal of imitating some other system's game.

• Like 1

Sprybug, well you have had enough people tell you "amazing," but I must say having just watched one of the videos "wow." I remember the arcade stand-up version of this from scary long time ago, but I remember it well enough to know that you are doing a solid conversion given the 2600's hardware limits. It seems to me that you have focused on smooth play, and that's a smart priority.

You asked for suggestions. Well, this port is obviously something you want to complete, but after that you could re-use and modify the engine for an original side-scrolling jumper, one where you'd be able to use every possible strength of the hardware without the goal of imitating some other system's game.

I was planning on using parts of this in other projects. No need to reinvent the wheel as they say. After making this game, I see some things I could have done better, so it's really an on-going process, plus I would love to use DPC+ in the future and I don't know how much of my current code I could reuse for that.

• Like 1

Update to all. I just shot a message to Albert to see what's up since I haven't heard from him in so long, and he still needs all my files. I asked what fromat he needed my manual in about 3 weeks ago and just haven't heard anything. Hopefully I'll hear something.....anything.....soon.

• Like 1

Lowest score for Super Mario Clone World 1, levels 1 through 4, achieved: 009200.

100 point timer bonus each level (x 3)

500 points for passing each level (x 3)

400 points for jumping on bowser (x 6)

5000 points for beating Bowser and Super Mario Clone World 1

Nice Avatar!

I suppose that could be a challenge for all those out there. What's the lowest score you can get after completing a whole level or/and world....and game?

• Like 1

Update to all. I just shot a message to Albert to see what's up since I haven't heard from him in so long, and he still needs all my files. I asked what fromat he needed my manual in about 3 weeks ago and just haven't heard anything. Hopefully I'll hear something.....anything.....soon.

As a big fan of this project, allow me to reiterate how anxious I am for this game's arrival in the AtariAge store. Seems to me like a no-brainer to have out in time for the holiday season.

And, to be clear, when it hits the store it will be called "Princess Rescue", is that correct?

I seriously hope that it's not. If Halo 2600 is called Halo 2600, and Pac-Man 4K is Pac-Man 4K, then this should be called Super Mario Bros. 2600.