IGNORED

Besides INTV and other games consoles do you...

voltron

Besides Intellivision, intellivsion games and other video game consoles and their games, do you folks collect anything else, like comics, coins etc.etc etc? If so what else do you guy collect. Myself, I collect super robots, like Voltron (no suprise here), Voltes V, Daltanius, etc.etc.

Presently im on the hunt for this 1974 Bandai Mechagodzilla so if you guys spot this send me a pm. Its my white whale of the super robot world. so far I only seem to find cheap knock off of this or more modern variations which i already have.

Besides Intellivision, intellivsion games and other video game consoles and their games, do you folks collect anything else, like comics, coins etc.etc etc? If so what else do you guy collect. Myself, I collect super robots, like Voltron (no suprise here), Voltes V, Daltanius, etc.etc.

Presently im on the hunt for this 1974 Bandai Mechagodzilla so if you guys spot this send me a pm. Its my white whale of the super robot world. so far I only seem to find cheap knock off of this or more modern variations which i already have.

I "collect" many things, but mostly to play with them. I have an old comic book collection from the 1990s, mostly Groo and Donald Duck, and a Puertorrican comic called "Turey El Ta"; all of which were my favorites during my late teens or early twenties. I do have them in protected Mylar baggies with cardboard backings, in a comics box.

I also collect Star Wars Lego sets (and build them), mostly of ships from the original movie. I love the detail (plus who doesn't want to own a large scale X-Wing Fighter?).

There's also my collection of old DOS games, especially the SCUMM and AGS types. I have every Space Quest and Leisure Suite Larry games made, and I'm even participating in their authors' latest Kickstarter campaigns!

Oh, and books. I never throw out a book. I have this thing about respecting other people's thoughts, even when they are trash--the author still went through the trouble of putting them on paper, so they are worth at least one human mind, and that to me commands admiration and respect. I still have my high school and college text-books. I also have plenty of literature too, plus I expect to inherit my Father's library (a voracious literature reader, an English major), which is also substantial.

None of this amounts to much of a collection. It's more like "the crap I keep around the house."

If something has value to me--even nostalgic or sentimental value--I may go out of my way to get it. However, these are usually one-off things, not entire classes of things. For instance, I own a couple of Intellivisions, one ColecoVision, a few vintage PCs, and a Commodore 64--but no Atari VCS. Guess which one didn't take a big part in my childhood.

I am very passionate about all of them, though, and have lamented when any of it is lost or destroyed accidentally.

So, all that crap put together amounts to a single collection: odd things DZ likes (to the chagrin of my wife). :)

dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

My other main collection is books. I mostly like science fiction/fantasy, however, I do have a complete hardback set of all 43 Three Investigators novels (introduced by Alfred Hitchcock). Doesn't sound impressive, but they stopped producing hardback versions for the general public after number 28. The only hardbacks at that point were copies released to libraries. 29 through 43 are generally library rejects so finding them in the first place wasn't easy and find them CHEAP was near impossible.

I read them as a kid (my uncle's collection) and it's just a nostalgic thing.

post-31049-0-59483000-1347626452_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

For me it is Pink Floyd shows, I have terabytes of Pink Floyd shows on CD, DVD, Blu-Ray and Hard Disk of Pink Floyd stuff. That is to go along with the 45's, LP's magazines and other assorted crap that I have picked up over the years. My "collecting" has slowed down the last ten years or so due to lack of time and kids becoming more of priority.

I also share DZ's sentiment of a "crap" that makes a collection of things I like. I have some legos, other video game systems, books, movies, Star Trek ship blueprints, Decipher Star Wars CCG cards and various other things taking up space in the basement!

My other main collection is books. I mostly like science fiction/fantasy, however, I do have a complete hardback set of all 43 Three Investigators novels (introduced by Alfred Hitchcock). Doesn't sound impressive, but they stopped producing hardback versions for the general public after number 28. The only hardbacks at that point were copies released to libraries. 29 through 43 are generally library rejects so finding them in the first place wasn't easy and find them CHEAP was near impossible.

I read them as a kid (my uncle's collection) and it's just a nostalgic thing.

I LOVED those books as a kid.

I've been trying to find some of those to collect them for years, and can't find any.

(Been searching in the wild, not on eBay).

I've never found any, I only have the 4 books I had as a kid, books 1-4.

It's so hard to find anyone else who's ever even HEARD of this series.

Any tips for how/where to track these down?

For me it is Pink Floyd shows, I have terabytes of Pink Floyd shows on CD, DVD, Blu-Ray and Hard Disk of Pink Floyd stuff. That is to go along with the 45's, LP's magazines and other assorted crap that I have picked up over the years. My "collecting" has slowed down the last ten years or so due to lack of time and kids becoming more of priority.

I also share DZ's sentiment of a "crap" that makes a collection of things I like. I have some legos, other video game systems, books, movies, Star Trek ship blueprints, Decipher Star Wars CCG cards and various other things taking up space in the basement!

Have you checked out either Aussie Floyd, or Brit Floyd?

Do you like them?

Oh, I forgot my biggest passion of all: Music!!!

I used to be a DJ, and have a rather large collection of vinyl 12" singles, and an absolutely legal and legitimate collection of songs surpassing 4.5k singles in electronic media (in lossless formats, of course!), either bought from iTunes or ripped from my rather large CD library--which is growing.

All obsessively organized, tagged and rated.

It spans the gamut from old Kraftwerk works, moody alternative like The Cure or Joy Division, Spanish Rock and Ska, all the way to modern jazz and chip tunes.

A big chunk of that library is of Italo Disco music, my preferred genre during my clubbing and DJ days. :)

dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

Have you checked out either Aussie Floyd, or Brit Floyd?

Do you like them?

I have seen Aussie Floyd a few times and they are great. I have checked out several tribute bands and I like what some of them do with the material that is all to familiar and change it up a bit.

I've been trying to find some of those to collect them for years, and can't find any.

I always dreamed of setting up my own detective agency and having my secret base in a junkyard. Jupiter Jones was my hero.

Where to find them ... eBay mainly. Once in a great while I'll find them in the wild at a library book sale or even occasionally at a goodwill but that is pretty rare.

The other place to find them is my den. ;) Are you looking for hardback or softback or do you not care? I have extra copies of the hardbacks (most of 1 through 28) and a near complete set of the paperback books both of which I was planning to eventually sell on eBay. If you're interested, send me a PM and maybe we could arrange something.

Boardgames. I have collected stamps, coins, telephone cards, home computers, magic cards, harry potter cards. But it was just to much. So i have scaled my collecting down to 'just' boardgames and consoles/handhelds. And kept my c64, amiga and msx computers. Sold all other homecomputers, like my ti-99a, comx-35, philips :yes, laser 2001, commodore cbm 8032. I also 'collect' different storage devices, like minidisc, mini cassette tape, 3inch discs and likes.

check out alibis:

http://www.alibris.com/booksearch?keyword=alfred+hitchcock+and+the+three+invetigators&mtype=B&hs.x=0&hs.y=0&hs=Submit

I don't really actively collect anything other than classic games (even with that I'd say I'm more of a player than collector), but I do have a complete collection of Conan novels (the REH, L. Sprague DeCamp & Lin Carter ones). I picked up a lot of them when I was in high school, and filled in the handful I was missing in the last few years.

I mainly collect vintage game stuff (I have Atari 2600s, Atari 7800, Intellivision I, II, III, SP System, Tandyvision, Sears Super Video Arcade, Colecovision, Coleco ADAM, NES, Gamecube, PS1, PS2, Wii). The main one I collect games for is the Intellivision, though.

I also collect musical instruments (piano, Hammond Organ, accordion, guitars, ukulele, flute, dulcimer). Nothing terribly rare. My next instruments will be Banjo, Mandolin, Violin, Bass. That hobby is on hold for now.

I also recently found a bunch of my old toys including my old VOLTRON :-) Here's a pic:

Toys

I collect several things such as stamps, movie and TV show soundtrack CD's, dragons, Donald Duck items, and Hallmark Christmas ornaments of certain themes (Star Trek, Star Wars, annual special ones, musical ornaments,etc.). I also collect Nativity scenes and I have several from around the world. In fact, when I travel, I try to find Nativity scenes that are handmade in a style typical of the country I'm visiting.

Whoa, that makes two of us! (Well, I don't have terabytes since I'm mostly 1967-1977, but still.) Do we know each other from Echoes or Yeeshkul?

I have not been on Echoes for quite some time, working on my ratio on Yeeshkul as I type :)

I like stuff from all era's although I wish they had done some of the experimentation with arrangements on the 80's and 90's mega-tours. Animals is in my top 5 of their albums so I do like a lot of the 77 shows.