IGNORED

International Play Your Vectrex Day!

TrekMD

Hi all! I'm sharing this from the Vectrex forums I frequent:

banner_VectrexDay-468_60.jpg

THE RULES:

1. On November 1, PLAY YOUR VECTREX.

2. Make a note of what game(s) you played. Your name will also be needed as part of the record for the International Play Your Vectrex Day wiki page (see end).

These two things are mandatory. Everything else are bonuses, should you feel like going to the trouble:

3. Keep a record of your game(s’) score(s).

4. Take a photo and/or make a video of your score(s), your Vectrex/collection, even make a drawing or gif or something that is Vectrex-related if you want, even an audio recording of you playing (if a recorder is all you have), but this HAS to be done on this day. (This stuff can be turned in after November 1st, since the wiki page can be edited any day of the year, but at least do your playing/drawing/photos/whatever on this day.)

5. Send a link along to your YouTube channel or any other website you have (Facebook, Twitter) if you wish to promote it, just as long as whatever material on your website is work/family friendly (i. e. a PG-13 rating at worst).

The International Play Your Vectrex Day wiki page can be edited by anyone if they want to do it yourselves, an e-mail addy can be sent to Darrylb500 via either PM (along with any photos or anything else you wish to include), Darrylb500 can be contacted on Darrylb500's page on the wiki, or it can be posted on this thread over at Vectrex Forums. You can use just your first name, full name, or an internet handle for the page, just try to keep it in alphabetical order, whatever it is that you choose to do (although I’ll be editing the page anyway as needed).

Darrylb500 also ask that any videos be linked to ONLY, NOT embedded onto the page, since he just wants a clean list without people having to scroll down with those making an untidy presentation. Any photos or drawings will be put in a separate gallery after the game listings (which is linked to at the end of this page). Any audio recordings will have to be put up on YouTube or some other hosting place since the Wikia company doesn’t allow soundclips to be hosted on their wikis.

An accompanying video should be released somewhere between October 10-15 on YouTube.

Official wiki page where all this will happen/you can see how it looks as this comes along:

http://vectrex.wikia...our_Vectrex_Day

VectrexDay.gif

• 10 months later...

Awww, I'm out of town but on a *huge* vectrex kick right now. I'll have to miss this...

While everybody's playing, does anybody want to give me a new hyperchase game 2 score to beat?

All the online scores I've found are for game 1 which I don't like nearly as much.

My high is 4060. It took me a long time to beat the score from the cgr episode.

aji6.jpg

Edited by Reaperman

• 1 month later...

Im interested in this as well this year. Anyone interested in doing it for 2013?!

I may be interested in doing a live stream for a little while...I can marathon Star Castle (I have the world record as recognized by Record Setter) but maybe I'll play until I reach 100K. I can stream some Vector Pilot and Vectrexians as well.

I may be interested in doing a live stream for a little while...I can marathon Star Castle (I have the world record as recognized by Record Setter) but maybe I'll play until I reach 100K. I can stream some Vector Pilot and Vectrexians as well.

Thats a great idea! I can do a stream as well, not sure what game maybe Nebula Commander since thats currently my fav Vectrex game.

Well Im doing this 100%. I grabbed the domain vectrexday.com and am going to put something together. Nov 1st Ill probably do some streaming via twitch. Considering possibly running a friendly drawing (random player who submits a photo gets a prize). Anyway just ideas right now. Just seems like a fun idea to do each year.

• 2 weeks later...

Setup a simple splash page for the day. Will be updating it in the coming days, mainly an RSVP, and can add links to, or live streams on the page itself Nov 1st. Will most likely add a live chat for the event, and if anyone plans on having a vectrex setup at a local store/public place where people can try one on the first I can add a map with locations.

http://vectrexday.com/ and http://ipyvd.com

Both go to the same site.

**Edit** just noticed the wiki has been update to show 2013 as well, ill msg trekmd would be better to coorporate with him/the runners of last years.

• Like 1

Question: If I don't have a real Vectrex (I'd like to get one but haven't been able to afford it as yet), but I play some games on ParaJVE and take screen shots of my scores, does that count?

I'm sure 40 years from now that will be the only way to enjoy it :( so I imagine it counts. As long as the spirit of the Vectrex is kept alive.

Question: If I don't have a real Vectrex (I'd like to get one but haven't been able to afford it as yet), but I play some games on ParaJVE and take screen shots of my scores, does that count?

I don't think that's a problem at all. People can participate even by creating artwork related to the Vectrex. :)

• 4 weeks later...

We also have a "German Version" of the International Play Your Vectrex Day in our forums. Feel free to also attend there. I will be happy to see some contributions! :)

here is the Announcement:

http://forum.nexgam.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=82302

Make a picture of you and your Vectrex and your scores and we will make an article afterwards of all who attended. :)