IGNORED

Super Game Module now available for order

opcode

Did a number of people pay for their XM (whatever that is, I barely know anything about it myself) and still haven't gotten what they paid for? That's the point I believe Eduardo was trying to make.

WHATEVER the deal is, it does not change anything nor make this situation any better or different.

WHATEVER the deal is, it does not change anything nor make this situation any better or different.

What makes the situation better is that Eduardo has emerged from his long hibernation, so to speak, and he's shipping SGMs again. Once all the people on Eduardo's list have received the SGM(s) they ordered, then we can all put this painful period behind us and move forward.

Eduardo could say "I'm sorry" 100 times, it would be time wasted which he can put to better use, like actually shipping SGMs to customers, and that's exactly what he's doing. If you're looking for an official explaination for Eduardo's long absence, this involves Eduardo's private life, and he is perfectly within his right to keep his private life private, regardless of how much he tested the patience of the ColecoVision fan community.

• Like 9

No? So does that mean I don't need to ship anything because it doesn't matter? BTW, are you a pre-order for the 2nd run?

Unrelated, but I was checking the Super Game Cartridge again last night, and I was impressed by my own creation, it is a thing of beauty. Just need to figure out if I did get a final prototype or not, I cannot remember... Eager to get back to that though...

• Like 1

Cool... What's the SGC going to do?

It's a new cartridge PCB. You could also call it the "MegaCart Mark-II". It uses a different bankswitching system which makes it somewhat easier to port MSX MegaROM games (not sure how much easier, only Eduardo could answer that) and the design also allows for an EEPROM (similar to the one I use in The Black Onyx and the upcoming Jewel Panic) for saving game data like high score tables. DK Arcade will be the first game to use it, apparently.

• Like 3

You had me at DKA...

It's a new cartridge PCB. You could also call it the "MegaCart Mark-II". It uses a different bankswitching system which makes it somewhat easier to port MSX MegaROM games (not sure how much easier, only Eduardo could answer that) and the design also allows for an EEPROM (similar to the one I use in The Black Onyx and the upcoming Jewel Panic) for saving game data like high score tables. DK Arcade will be the first game to use it, apparently.

I'm sure your email is flooded as is you in box Eduardo, so I will post here as well. I PM'ed over a copy of our Ebay transaction of my first run SGM order and payment I put in on September 27, 2012. I also included my Ebay ID (starbright_2012@yahoo.com). I did receive one email regarding the wait for a new name plate over a year ago to which I opted to wait for but haven't had any correspondence since. I'm not saying this in a negative light and I don't even really know you but have read these forums for quite a long time, am happy to see you are ok and just wanted to leave my information as this has ignited a new spark of excitement to finally get to play a few new great games. Thank you.

Alright, let me finish what I have started... sad stories and apologies later...

Ah, apologies! Very much needed in order to restore some kind of credibility to your much tarnished reputation...don't need to hear the sad stories, but if you decide to explain yourself, that would probably go even further to mend broken bridges.

For what it is worth, I sincerely apologize for the lack of communication.

...wow. That's the apology? Well...just wow. You're not apologizing for anything else other than a 'lack of communication'? Fair enough...people can make up their own minds about how to proceed in the future regarding business with you.

Gonna read some of the threads now, have almost a full year to catch up...

Had you read even some of the threads, Eduardo, you'd realize how many people were truly pissed off. Even your supporters were wondering what was up. You have your reasons for not giving a more sincere apology, but that's not surprising to me given the way you dropped off the face of the planet.

What makes the situation better is that Eduardo has emerged from his long hibernation...

Eduardo could say "I'm sorry" 100 times, it would be time wasted .... regardless of how much he tested the patience of the ColecoVision fan community.

To paraphrase, Pixel, your attitude is one that only enables such behaviours. Which is fine, considering you have a vested interest in the SGM due to the games being published and revenue generated. Be careful not to alienate any future business by simply giving Eduardo a free pass for his disrespect of AA members. He is perfectly entitled to keeping his private life private, it's none of our business. But when a guy disappears for so long without any word, you better believe that at the very least an apology is warranted. Much more than the poor attempt quoted above.

Frankly, this whole scenario has shown me exactly what some people will put up with. When certain people complain, ardent supporters come down on them for voicing their frustrations...even going so far as to disregard Eduardo's behaviour, or at least make excuses for it. This isn't the first time this has happened with Eduardo, as we all now know.

I've come to realize that the numbers (with respect to number of units produced) are far too small for anyone to really care about. Perhaps that's where I'm getting confused, as I have in the past regarding homebrewing in general. I guess that people are quite willing to put up with literally anything, so long as they eventually get what they paid for. As for me, I'll stick to shopping at the AA store or supporting Kickstarters, where I'm fully protected in case something goes wrong. Sending money to a stranger and waiting over a year and a half is unfair, but again...I guess that's to be expected given the climate of support. But the CV Arcade Controllers were made, sold and in a way that I would support. Not so with the SGM.

Ultimately, people fear that developers like Eduardo "take their ball and go home"...as if the negative viewpoints expressed here somehow 'cause' that to happen. Had Eduardo shown the due diligence to those involved, there would be NO issue...and I'd be ranting about the poor quality of Jakks controllers or something like that :D But as I've said earlier, at least everyone is well aware of Eduardo's personality and treatment of his customers (when you take someone's money in exchange for a product or service, you're a customer...as well as a supportive fan).

• Like 2

. Sending money to a stranger and waiting over a year and a half is unfair, but again...I guess that's to be expected given the climate of support. But the CV Arcade Controllers were made, sold and in a way that I would support. Not so with the SGM.

The Arcade Controller was a much smaller project than the SGM

You can't compare apples and oranges

:)

• Like 1

To paraphrase, Pixel, your attitude is one that only enables such behaviours. Which is fine, considering you have a vested interest in the SGM due to the games being published and revenue generated. Be careful not to alienate any future business by simply giving Eduardo a free pass for his disrespect of AA members.

The above is true, but Eduardo doesn't need a free pass from me or anyone else to do what he wants to do. If he decides to drop off the edge of cyberspace for any extended length of time, no one is going to stop him. No one. My posts and statements have no influence on Eduardo, believe me.

Frankly, this whole scenario has shown me exactly what some people will put up with. When certain people complain, ardent supporters come down on them for voicing their frustrations...even going so far as to disregard Eduardo's behaviour, or at least make excuses for it. This isn't the first time this has happened with Eduardo, as we all now know.

I've come to realize that the numbers (with respect to number of units produced) are far too small for anyone to really care about. Perhaps that's where I'm getting confused, as I have in the past regarding homebrewing in general. I guess that people are quite willing to put up with literally anything, so long as they eventually get what they paid for.

That's exactly right. Guys like Eduardo, me, CollectorVision, etc. are defined by what we contribute to the homebrew community. We make games for a 30-year-old video game console, everyone understands it's a hobby, and there are no deadlines for completing projects except the ones we impose on ourselves. People want the games and the hardware, not apologies. I think that, for most of the people still waiting for their SGM, just seing Eduardo keeping himself busy with (finally) shipping SGMs ASAP can be seen as a form of apology in itself. Once they receive their units by mail, the "apology" will be accepted.

• Like 6

I've come to realize that the numbers (with respect to number of units produced) are far too small for anyone to really care about. Perhaps that's where I'm getting confused, as I have in the past regarding homebrewing in general. I guess that people are quite willing to put up with literally anything, so long as they eventually get what they paid for. As for me, I'll stick to shopping at the AA store or supporting Kickstarters, where I'm fully protected in case something goes wrong. Sending money to a stranger and waiting over a year and a half is unfair, but again...I guess that's to be expected given the climate of support. But the CV Arcade Controllers were made, sold and in a way that I would support. Not so with the SGM.

The AA store is really just Albert, I think, although there may be others who might be able to pick up the pieces.

You are not protected by using Kickstarter, although it may be a bit easier to follow through with legal proceedings, if enough people are affected, and people have the desire to do so. You'll have to follow through with the individual who has created the project, and not Kickstarter itself. It is a bit annoying in the risks section of projects, where people (individuals here, not companies) think the worst thing that could happen is a delay or a lack of support. They generally don't take into account potential health and other life-changing issues.

In any case, it's buyer beware. There's always a risk.

Ok, I have about 20 SGMs in shipping boxes and labeled, however it seems I won't be able to make to the post office today. Taking everything tomorrow morning. Shipping overseas is especially time consuming, as I need to fill out customs forms, and boy, that takes time...

In the meantime, I will start contacting people who had decided to wait for the new nameplates. As I mentioned earlier, I want to ship all units now, nameplates can be replaced later. So hopefully by the end of next week I should be done with the 1st run. And for the purpose of this thread, I would be all done.

On an unrelated news, I will be resuming Twin Bee tonight. The game is already running actually, but there is some stuff left to do, and I remember that I spotted a bug with the MSX version. Will be fixing that and improving performance. I am also tempted to replace the game font with the one used in the arcade game...

• Like 6

On an unrelated news, I will be resuming Twin Bee tonight. The game is already running actually, but there is some stuff left to do, and I remember that I spotted a bug with the MSX version. Will be fixing that and improving performance. I am also tempted to replace the game font with the one used in the arcade game...

More good news. Very glad to see you back Eduardo.

Have the rest been put on eBay yet?

(edit: the balance of those ten + the clear one)

Not yet. I already have a lot of modules to ship tomorrow morning. Once I get back from post office I will list the remaining 4.

• Like 1

The above is true, but Eduardo doesn't need a free pass from me or anyone else to do what he wants to do. If he decides to drop off the edge of cyberspace for any extended length of time, no one is going to stop him. No one. My posts and statements have no influence on Eduardo, believe me.

That's exactly right. Guys like Eduardo, me, CollectorVision, etc. are defined by what we contribute to the homebrew community. We make games for a 30-year-old video game console, everyone understands it's a hobby, and there are no deadlines for completing projects except the ones we impose on ourselves. People want the games and the hardware, not apologies. I think that, for most of the people still waiting for their SGM, just seing Eduardo keeping himself busy with (finally) shipping SGMs ASAP can be seen as a form of apology in itself. Once they receive their units by mail, the "apology" will be accepted.

We'll agree to disagree (about the form of apology), but I respect your position in any case.

atarilovesyou, aren't you going to answer my simple question: have you paid for a SGM? If so, PM me your name please...

[EDIT]: I see, you haven't. Ok, that is good. So we done.. next please...

Edited by opcode
  • Like 1

atarilovesyou, aren't you going to answer my simple question: have you paid for a SGM? If so, PM me your name please...

[EDIT]: I see, you haven't. Ok, that is good. So we done.. next please...

Yep, we're done...and you've lost out on a potential 2nd run buyer (yep, somewhere in those last 30 pages you'll find that, among my misplaced support for your absence). I wouldn't send a dime to you for obvious reasons, but I wish you all the best and hope you fulfill your obligations this time with more consideration for your customer base.