IGNORED

Deep Pockets

Rev

So is this the "surprise" that folks that bought late got from Intelligentvision?

No. The surprise game was Choplifter. Deep Pockets was a gift.

Before someone claims Choplifter as a demo, it was not. The game is complete with sound and no bugs. It was in development since 2004. Many years with nothing happening to it of course.

Before someone claims Choplifter as a demo, it was not. The game is complete with sound and no bugs. It was in development since 2004. Many years with nothing happening to it of course.

So I guess it was a limited edition? :(

Choplifter was/is released for the Intellivision? Umm... okay. News to me. Today. And a quick search on the net has people exclaiming that the box mock up would go nice with a real cart. :lol:

Scarfinger? Never heard of this game for the system in question. Until now.

...and threats were made? To whom and why? Were the perceived threats more of a dare? :ponder:

As in: I dare people to release as many cool homebrew and previously unpublished games for the Intellivision, and a double dutch dare if you keep it a secret and hide it from just about anyone that still might have an interest in Intellivision gaming! That doesn't turbo-nerd the interwebs, scouring for such hidden gems 24/7 that is.

Space Patrol is such an example for me. Never knew it existed until a year or two ago. Then, with its ultra quiet re-release, almost eluded again! :(

Two of the three games were supposed to be a surprise to even the people that bought them, people that didnt live in the states might not have got their games yet, so people that had received them were trying to be "nice"

and let those who had not got the games enjoy their surprise as well.

there is no cryptic mystical shit-hehe The games were basically sold privately to those who had purchased all the intelligentvision releases, so yes limited edition and no not for sale publicly unfortunetly.

Edited by stupus

Two of the three games were supposed to be a surprise to even the people that bought them, people that didnt live in the states might not have got their games yet, so people that had received them

I do not believe most people realized that they were given a game as a gift. I also warned people that had not received the games to stay off the forums. Had they come out here, they would have already figured it out. I am going to keep the webpages hidden for some weeks more.

The end of the History page shows which games were released and the year. Shame you did not visit the site during 2012.

http://www.intellivision.us/intvgames/history.php

I personally think King of the Mountain is as fun as Donkey Kong but you seem to be more interested in high caliber games. If you have an ECS, you may have been interested in Super NFL Football.

I do not think anyone is selling Deep Pockets CIB. I gave them away for free.

No games are for sale as Intelligentvision has shut down it's game production. The Ultimate Interface may become available again. More reproduction boxes are expected in the future. No decision has been made on the remaining game stock (boxes, manuals, overlays, and cart labels).

This answers all your question. Nothing cryptic.

By "surprise" game, I only meant a game that was sent without the knowledge of the recipient. At the time of the posting I had no idea that Choplifter was included, much less that it even existed. Several folks here were teasing of the "surprises" that they had received. It's only natural that folks are going to want to know once that is mentioned. I have no idea of any backstory behind any of this. I was simply asking about the game. Nothing more.

isnt intvdave the david that your talking about ;)

and it seems we just answered your questions, the various games were for sale at various times over the last couple years in limited releases (like the donkey kong you said you bought) I think they are all sold out now, so now you just see the info pages on them.

The last 3 games everyone is talking about were like I mentioned sold privately to long term customers-so no one is selling them now anyway. I dont see the mystery. And missing out on homebrews seems to be very common place and not surprising at all-I know it is for me :P Yes you do have to do your turbo-nerding a bit ;) hehe

all together these were the more recent releases:

Donkey Kong

SG&R voice

Spina the Bee

Yogi

Tron

Rocky & Bullwinkle

Flintstones

NFL Football

Illusions

King of the Mountain

Scarfinger

Choplifter

Deep pockets

and intvdave, in reply to this: "I do not believe most people realized that they were given a game as a gift. I also warned people that had not received the games to stay off the forums. Had they come out here, they would have already figured it out. I am going to keep the webpages hidden for some weeks more."

your absolutely right, I didnt word that well, we didnt know the surprise was going to be a game, anything was possible ;-) it was very plausible to guess a game but no way to know, but the gift was amazing and so appreciated!!