IGNORED

Kobayashi Maru: Final

sh3-rg

3 hours ago, doctorclu said:

Hey Reboot folk!  Was playing this today while inside on the wintery storms, and of course I still enjoy a game of this from time to time.  Great replayable game.

If you ever feel the itch, I would love it if this game had Game Drive support to save the high score.  :)

The version on reBOOTed saves the scores to the EEPROM.

• Like 4

On 1/15/2024 at 5:35 PM, CyranoJ said:

The version on reBOOTed saves the scores to the EEPROM.

Well I re-downloaded the final version from the Reboot site... oh, reBOOTed.  

For $70 I can have a score saved, thanks for the information.

Curious, what other features were added to existing homebrew games?

Edited by doctorclu
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

You can have your score saved right now, boot it from cd.

The games in reBOOTed are all enhanced.  KMF includes an extra stage and completely overhauled artwork 

To say nothing about the physical packaging that costs substantial money to print, original artwork and packaging I commissioned William Thorup to create, the eight unique postcards I had printed (four randomly included with each copy sold), and of course the cost and time involved in making cartridges.  To say nothing of the fact that this is a collection of nine games total, and not just Kobayashi Maru: Redux.

..Al

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Albert said:

To say nothing about the physical packaging that costs substantial money to print, original artwork and packaging I commissioned William Thorup to create, the eight unique postcards I had printed (four randomly included with each copy sold), and of course the cost and time involved in making cartridges.

..Al

You forgot the other eight games alongside KMF :)

2 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

You can have your score saved right now, boot it from cd.

The games in reBOOTed are all enhanced.  KMF includes an extra stage and completely overhauled artwork 

That is some good information, overhauled artwork, and an extra stage?  Nice!  In relation to KMF that is interesting.

The other eight games are also interesting.

47 minutes ago, Albert said:

To say nothing about the physical packaging that costs substantial money to print, original artwork and packaging I commissioned William Thorup to create, the eight unique postcards I had printed (four randomly included with each copy sold), and of course the cost and time involved in making cartridges.  To say nothing of the fact that this is a collection of nine games total, and not just Kobayashi Maru: Redux.

..Al

Not the information was asking about, I don't buy games for the boxes, but thank you for that extra bit you put into these products. 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, doctorclu said:

Not the information was asking about, I don't buy games for the boxes, but thank you for that extra bit you put into these products. 

As you linked directly to the reBOOTed entry in the store, as well as mentioning its $70 price relative to the digital version of the game you downloaded from the Reboot site, I felt it was only fair to mention those things.  I do understand you're looking for a version of the game that supports saving high scores.

..Al

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Albert said:

As you linked directly to the reBOOTed entry in the store, as well as mentioning its $70 price relative to the digital version of the game you downloaded from the Reboot site, I felt it was only fair to mention those things.  I do understand you're looking for a version of the game that supports saving high scores.

..Al

And you did just that.  Thank you.