IGNORED

HSC Season #3 - Game #15 Carol vs the WORLD!

I didn't know that. And it works! Great, I really didn't expect this (the flash RAM not that it works :))

There was going to be a high score table as well, and some code was written to that end, but I ran out of time for release and it was never completed.

Some of that code will be reused I other games coming up.

dZ.

• Like 1

for those wondering... I had a day off (actually on call but never got called), so Carol got a major workout (Id want to say something else, but I'm assuming that the censors would go off if Id typed what I was thinking)...

My goal, to see what is the maximum possible to hit up the game with, and I did it (after almost throwing the laptop through a wall) by perfecting the first trip through Christmas... That maximum thru level 16 (8.2) is 1,798. The first free life (going perfect) occurs on level 4 (2.2), with 2 more during the trip (level 8 4.2) and (level 14 7.2), with the 1,000 point threshold being broken at level 10 (5.2)

I guess now I'll have to put some videos up, maybe closer to the end of the competition to drive a final (X-mas to New Years) fight for those patches/game.

I however, do not have any information as to what the "special thing" is if you perfect all 16 stages in a Christmas season, as after talking to DZ, that code is only on the cart format of the game. We'll have to wait until someone with the cart does it too to see what it is.

for those wondering... I had a day off (actually on call but never got called), so Carol got a major workout (Id want to say something else, but I'm assuming that the censors would go off if Id typed what I was thinking)...

My goal, to see what is the maximum possible to hit up the game with, and I did it (after almost throwing the laptop through a wall) by perfecting the first trip through Christmas... That maximum thru level 16 (8.2) is 1,798. The first free life (going perfect) occurs on level 4 (2.2), with 2 more during the trip (level 8 4.2) and (level 14 7.2), with the 1,000 point threshold being broken at level 10 (5.2)

I guess now I'll have to put some videos up, maybe closer to the end of the competition to drive a final (X-mas to New Years) fight for those patches/game.

I however, do not have any information as to what the "special thing" is if you perfect all 16 stages in a Christmas season, as after talking to DZ, that code is only on the cart format of the game. We'll have to wait until someone with the cart does it too to see what it is.

Wow, that is a very thorough analysis! I'm impressed. As for that "special thing," we'll don't expect much, really. It's just a simple surprise.

dZ.

There was going to be a high score table as well, and some code was written to that end, but I ran out of time for release and it was never completed.

Some of that code will be reused I other games coming up.

dZ.

You shouldn't tell me those things.

It may give me some ideas for... you know ;).

By the way, where's the pic? No high-score without pic! :P

-dZ.

CvW leaderboard updated!

Terrific scores! Oscar G. is still in the lead, and he means business. He told me he has his sights set squarely on Master Elf, so that Carol can stand proudly besides the likes of Legolas, Elrond, and Galadriel. :)

Liduario is in second place, and building up his skills for Master Elf as well... And we have Cparsley writing his PhD thesis on Christmas Carol scoring.

Come on people, there's still time left, but it's running fast! Get those scores in! Use the Practice Mode and eat those Snowflakes. :)

-dZ.

No new scores, really? Come on guys, keep on rocking! :)

-dZ.

I guess they are busy wrapping up their own presents. hehe

Took me a while to improve, over 10 tries I needed...

something went wrong with the ghost, he's bein a real PAIN.

Had to change how I played stages 2, 3, 5, 6...

Now Freezer Burn is my enemy, on 27th level.

post-3059-0-83674200-1355324241_thumb.jpg

I guess they are busy wrapping up their own presents. hehe

Took me a while to improve, over 10 tries I needed...

something went wrong with the ghost, he's bein a real PAIN.

Had to change how I played stages 2, 3, 5, 6...

Now Freezer Burn is my enemy, on 27th level.

In spite of its looks, Freezer Burn is really not that hard... You just gotta find the right strategy. ;)

Too busy right now :(

Too busy to play? Unheard of! :P

Stupid family and job keeps gets in way. Besides, most of my scores are going backwards ...

Cast them aside! Don't know what's at stake?! Or better yet, get them playing too!

Uggh, this game is tough! Here's my latest: 1,714.

urSai.png

-B

But Brian, you were doing so well at first! You just gotta keep on rocking! Don't fret! You can do it!

That Candy Cove is a bitch, but just concentrate on the presents, ignore the candy. And use those Snowflakes! :)

-dZ.

Alright, guys! The CvW Leaderboard is updated as of post #211. Sorry it took so long... work and stuff, you know.

Oscar G. is still the Top Elf, and he's dreaming that Carol becomes Galadriel.

Followed by Liduario, who's already making space on his cabinet for his special edition.

Then there's WispFollower, Fushek, Scalpel, and the rest... all good contenders.

It's tough! It's any elf's game at this point! :)

Rock n' roll!

-dZ.

Tell Oscar not to get too comfortable ... there may be some fight left in this old elf ...

And Liduario and WispFollower ... see me again when you are worthy. (Yeah, I know, I suck at smack talk, but it's all in good fun!)

You shall now call me Ranger Fushek!

post-31049-0-41734900-1355365218_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Tell Oscar not to get too comfortable ... there may be some fight left in this old elf ...

And Liduario and WispFollower ... see me again when you are worthy. (Yeah, I know, I suck at smack talk, but it's all in good fun!)

You shall now call me Ranger Fushek!

Be proud, my fellow Ranger.

But don't forget our final objective is to save Christmas!

I'm on level 38 and preparing to be a Master Elf.

And then, I hope to serve Santa for many years to come!

Always living another year for Christmas' sake.

Brian,

Sorry I missed your score last night, but I updated the CvW leaderboard this morning.

You haven't beaten the Dynamic Trio of Fushek, Liduario, and WispFollower (not to mention, Top Ranger Elf, Oscar G.), but you're getting close.

Now it's Jacob and Scalpel who have been pushed down the list. Time to play some more!

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! :)

-dZ.

• Like 2

Brian,

Sorry I missed your score last night, but I updated the CvW leaderboard this morning.

You haven't beaten the Dynamic Trio of Fushek, Liduario, and WispFollower (not to mention, Top Ranger Elf, Oscar G.), but you're getting close.

Now it's Jacob and Scalpel who have been pushed down the list. Time to play some more!

-dZ.

"Congratulations, DZ!

In this lovely day.

Much Happines, many years of life"

That's how we sing Happy Birthday here. :party: :music:

Brian,

-dZ.

DZ ... Happy Birthday!!!

What are you going to do to celebrate? Midnight showing of the Hobbit? Dinner at some fancy, schmancy restaurant? If only I had known, I'd have baked you a cake! :dunce:

Thanks!

I was going to the Hobbit premier, but old fart that I am, I chose to go on Saturday at a more "reasonable" time. :)

Tonight my wife is taking me to a fancy schmancy restaurant, and this morning, I was surprised with little "lawn signs" of Carol vs. Ghost plaster all over the highway on my way to work!

How cool is that! :)

dZ.

Thanks!

I was going to the Hobbit premier, but old fart that I am, I chose to go on Saturday at a more "reasonable" time. :)

Tonight my wife is taking me to a fancy schmancy restaurant, and this morning, I was surprised with little "lawn signs" of Carol vs. Ghost plaster all over the highway on my way to work!

How cool is that! :)

dZ.

Very cool ... your wife is a keeper! It's nice when they understand something that's important to you and encourage it even if it's something that they're not into ... that's what marriage is all about.

Now, I'm waiting for someone to jump in and ask for one of the road signs to be sent to their silos :lolblue: .