IGNORED

What is your goal for 2013 (intv speaking)

maximebeauvais

It would be great to find in 2013 a few german specials like the late Mattel instructions (there is at least one that I don´t own).

And a Pitfall! with german sticker.

Maybe there are a few surprises out there.

Which late games are you talking about Mike?

Cool thread :)

anyways my INTV goal for me in 2013:

-Buy more boxed games

- Buy a mintier INTV console that is boxed (the one i have now works great except there's alot of cosmetic defects on the console such as the original gold plates being missing from the controller pads)

-Maybe invest in an Intellision II

Cool thread :)

anyways my INTV goal for me in 2013:

-Buy more boxed games

- Buy a mintier INTV console that is boxed (the one i have now works great except there's alot of cosmetic defects on the console such as the original gold plates being missing from the controller pads)

-Maybe invest in an Intellision II

You might want to ask Rev about an INTV 2 as I think he has a couple of extras. :) as for boxed games, there are a bunch of folks here likely willing to sell you extras for cheap

• Like 1

Wow, you guys are all hardcore!

No interest in collecting here. Just picked up a bunch of loose carts and need to find some overlays. Other than that, i think I am all set with my grand total of about 15 or 18 incomplete INTV games.

My goal for 2013 is to actually play them. :)

Edited by DoctorTom
  • Like 1

My goal for 2013 is to actually play them. :)

That might be the best 2013 goal to date :-D Playing was a small part of 2012 for me, but I hope to greatly increase what I play in 2013.

My "games to play in 2013" list:

Tower of Doom

Thunder Castle

King of the Mountain

Diner

Burgertime

River Raid

D2K

Stonix

Melody Blaster

That might be the best 2013 goal to date :-D Playing was a small part of 2012 for me, but I hope to greatly increase what I play in 2013.

So true!

I'll add to my list...

6) get the office at the back of the garage setup so I can just go and play when I want to, and have the Games displayed. At the moment My games live in packing boxes and I have to wait for (rare) opportunities to set the Intelly up in the living room if I want to play.

On a side note my wife and son were out of town last weekend so I got to spend some quality time with Same Game and Robots, Choplifter, Scarfinger and Space Patrol. I also fired up Dig Dug, Diner and Commando.

I'd consider myself a collector, but I'm not much for obsessing over box and label variations, so my main goal for the Intellivision in 2013 is to expand the collection of games that I play regularly. I still love the "old standards" that I've been playing for years, but I'd like to get deeper into the library and explore games that I've only given a passing glance so far. These include: the AD&D games and Tower of Doom, Vectron, the Intellivoice games, and some of the ECS games (especially Mind Strike, which I've played before but haven't touched in a long time).

I'd also like to try more of the sports titles, particularly the later ones from INTV. I despise professional sports, I never watch any of the "big games," and I'm not athletic or coordinated enough to play these games well in real life, but several of them are still interesting to me as games. The Intellivision versions seem like a good balance: they're fairly sophisticated implementations of the games, but they're also simple enough and abstract enough to permit one to focus on the fundamentals. Perhaps I'll also fill a few gaps in my collection of 100+ (mostly loose) Intellivision titles.

My most ambitious goals for 2013 actually center on my poor, neglected Aquarius. I really need to get started on a new layout for my SuperCart cartridge board, along with my first original Aquarius homebrew game and some other projects that I've had to put almost entirely on hold for the last year or so. Next summer will be the 30th anniversary of the release of the Aquarius, and I'd like very much to have something ready to go before that time.

• Like 3

I'd consider myself a collector, but I'm not much for obsessing over box and label variations, so my main goal for the Intellivision in 2013 is to expand the collection of games that I play regularly. I still love the "old standards" that I've been playing for years, but I'd like to get deeper into the library and explore games that I've only given a passing glance so far. These include: the AD&D games and Tower of Doom, Vectron, the Intellivoice games, and some of the ECS games (especially Mind Strike, which I've played before but haven't touched in a long time).

I'd also like to try more of the sports titles, particularly the later ones from INTV. I despise professional sports, I never watch any of the "big games," and I'm not athletic or coordinated enough to play these games well in real life, but several of them are still interesting to me as games. The Intellivision versions seem like a good balance: they're fairly sophisticated implementations of the games, but they're also simple enough and abstract enough to permit one to focus on the fundamentals. Perhaps I'll also fill a few gaps in my collection of 100+ (mostly loose) Intellivision titles.

My most ambitious goals for 2013 actually center on my poor, neglected Aquarius. I really need to get started on a new layout for my SuperCart cartridge board, as well as my first original Aquarius homebrew game and some other projects that I've had to put almost entirely on hold for the last year or so. Next summer will be the 30th anniversary of the release of the Aquarius, and I'd like very much to have something ready to go before that time.

Jay, AD&D Cloudy is one of my favourite games from my first era with the Intellivision as a kid, and Tower of Doom is one I missed back then that I really enjoy playing now.

As for the later sports games, World Championship Baseball, Super Pro Football, Slam Dunk Basketball and Chip Shot Golf are all a lot of fun for me personally, and are probably the games I play the most now.

1) Keep working on my French Canadian and Intellivision Inc. collection

2) Keep buying all new homebrews(and extra copies for trades, not ebay profiteering)

including new overlays and reproduction boxes when they are released

3) Trying to get closer to original 125 CIB/NIB without spending a fortune(maybe by trading those homebrews)

4) Start getting into Digiplay, some of those boxes are sweet.

• 2 weeks later...

My goal... get my console working on a consistent basis. Off to a good start by replacing a couple suggested transistors, but that was only one problem.

I like to finally get my own reviews going.... a lot on the variations of a game among different consoles, so that would also include the 2600, 5200, Colecovision, etc.

Which one did you miss out on and which do you still need?

I've been looking for a CIB gatefold Chess for awhile but have only found loose or ones with ratty boxes. I found new one from a seller from France offering for $65 but that seems a bit high.

In regards to the Gaming series, I have most of them as loose carts but I'm looking to repurchase them complete. So far I have bids in on Royal Dealer and Roulette and have a watch on Poker & Blackjack. In this case, I would still need Horse Racing.