IGNORED

Incognito Production Installation

Stephen

Where did you download the bios-update.xex from?

From this site (I'm not sure if there is anywhere else to get it)

Is there a consensus of what a successful bios update looks like? Should it click the internal speaker for a few moments and then go to a brown/grey screen? Or should it return to a prompt of some kind?

Getting closer! I now have the same problems as fandenivoldsk. When I select the file and hit enter, it boots, then seems to hang at a gray screen. It does not return to a prompt. Carts still are not seen, but I'm pretty sure that the update isn't taking. Any ideas? I can confirm the rtc holds time properly.

When you reach the Gray screen, that means it's done, just verified it :)

From this site (I'm not sure if there is anywhere else to get it)

Is there a consensus of what a successful bios update looks like? Should it click the internal speaker for a few moments and then go to a brown/grey screen? Or should it return to a prompt of some kind?

The latest bios update is on page two of this thread:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/206900-incognito-production-installation/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2670052

So if that's the one you used, then all is good :)

I soldered the two resistors last night, but cartridges are still not working, and when trying to run the latest bios update through SIDE, I can only get a brown screen. Any ideas of what I can do to fix these two things? The battery time is working, and I am able to run .xex games through SIDE.

Edited by fandenivoldsk

I soldered the two resistors last night, but cartridges are still not working, and when trying to run the latest bios update through SIDE, I can only get a brown screen. Any ideas of what I can do to fix these two things? The battery time is working, and I am able to run .xex games through SIDE.

Then the bios update should be okay.

In the bios settings, if you have the Hardware type set to XL/xE and SpartaDOS X is Enabled, then that could be the problem...

I can confirm what fandenivoldsk says.

All carts fail to be seen, regardless of which options I toggle. On my Atari, the resistors were replaced with 1.8s.

All other Incognito/Atari 800 functions seem to work fine.

One exception: Congo Bongo boots to a solid green, then solid yellow screen.

Do remember if the bios updated returned your system to a prompt after executing it?

I believe I had much the same response as Stephen noted here, but I can't say at 100% certainty this far later. http://atariage.com/forums/topic/206900-incognito-production-installation/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2670081

I had issues with the patch, I put on a floppy and ran it from there. I did not install the resistors and have 50+ that all work

fine, and also the Atarimax 1 and 8 megabit cartridges also.

I'm tempted to try this. How did you get the file onto floppy? I'm dubious about just copying it from the CF card in case something is corrupted.

I'm tempted to try this. How did you get the file onto floppy? I'm dubious about just copying it from the CF card in case something is corrupted.

I used sio2pc, however from fat32 to apt I used MATR.COM from flashjazzcat , it allows you to copy from FAT 32 to disk drive or dos .

PS: if your unable I can send disk. but try matr.com It is a bit buggy but works.

Edited by bandit

Would anyone be willing to sell me a disk with the executable file already on it?

I believe this is the ATR I mounted with the sdrive. It's not bootable so execute under Spartados.

incogbup.zip

I used sio2pc, however from fat32 to apt I used MATR.COM from flashjazzcat , it allows you to copy from FAT 32 to disk drive or dos .

One thing to mention there that isn't always clear to new users - that FAT32 partition needs to be very small (<=32MB) for MATR

One thing to mention there that isn't always clear to new users - that FAT32 partition needs to be very small (<=32MB) for MATR

Not for MATR: it can (or should be able to) be any size you like. FAT partitions used with KMK's developmental FAT drivers (currently only FAT16 is supported) do however have that 32MB limit. I think you're confusing my MATR.COM with KMK's program of the same name. The latter is specifically designed for IDE Plus 2.0. :)

Edited by flashjazzcat

Not for MATR: it can (or should be able to) be any size you like. FAT partitions used with KMK's developmental FAT drivers (currently only FAT16 is supported) do however have that 32MB limit. I think you're confusing my MATR.COM with KMK's program of the same name. The latter is specifically designed for IDE Plus 2.0. :)

Oops, my speedread did not pick up the flashjazzcat there.

Ok, so another thing to mention that isn't always clear to new users. MATR vs MATR :D