IGNORED

Ultima Collecting -- I am in big trouble!

Albert

Ultima VI was the first Ultima I played, as it was the "current" Ultima when I bought my first PC (and the only desktop PC I would buy complete! All others I built myself after that). I then went back and started playing the games from the beginning.

I really enjoyed Ultima VI, and it's one of my favorite Ultimas, probably coming in second after Ultima VII and Serpent Isle. Of course, I haven't played Ultima V yet. :)

..Al

Just decided to create an account on GOG so I can purchase the Ultima Underworld games, and what do I find? A large collection of free games...including the Worlds of Ultima games! I never played Savage Empire, but I used to have Martian Dreams and played the hell out of it. Can't wait to give them both a spin!

I think the attached image sums up all of the time I've spent playing Ultima IV lately...

post-1210-0-46275400-1360889107_thumb.jpg

the isometric view is actually pretty cool.

I like the isometric view in VII and VIII, but in VI it's at this sort of half-isometric half-overhead rotated 45° angle that makes my head tilt to the left.

Though I guess VII was kind of like that too, but for some reason it never bothered me...

Nope, you can still play Meridian 59 (there might even be older ones, and I'm not even going to count MUDs). I tried M59, but it's a lot of what I don't like about MMOs, so I gave up after a couple of days. Really weird to stroll around, though. It's like going through a history museum where there are no plaques to explain what you're looking at.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my netbook last week, so I should be getting back into Ultima IV shortly B)

Unfortunately, I bought a (cheap) new SD card reader, and it corrupted the entire DOS folder on my DS's micro card, so now I have to start all over from the beginning =|

Oh well. Maybe I'll try to see if I can use a program to retrieve the lost files, but I was kind of thinking that it's been so long, I might have to restart anyway. I started off in Moonglow this time. I think it was Trinsic last time?

Starting off in Trinsic isn't bad. You can wander up to Britain pretty easily.

but then you don't get Dupre in your party, and that is complete BS.

I always start in Jhelom. I don't miss Geoffrey.

Plus you just hop through a moongate and get going.

..... or stand in the swamp and suicide and go to Britain, free of charge! :) lol

I can finally play Ultima IX as it was meant to be! (Using the Morrowind engine!)

ULTIMA IX

http://ultima.cfkasp..._redemption.php

What you think Arkhan? Gonna try it?

Of course I am going to try it.

You could put Ultima on a pile of dog crap and I'd try it.

I mean, that's what they did with Ultima IX in the first place!

:D

Seriously though, Morrowind is the best TES engine, honestly. So, an Ultima game in it had better be awesome.