IGNORED

FS New in box Skunkboard (Ghost REV 3)

JagLynx4Life

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I have a new in box Ghost Skunkboard for Sale (Latest and rarest Ghost Rev 3)

Ghost Rev 3 is not the rarest Skunkboard. It is equally common to the non-ghost Rev 3, there were 100 of each of them. There were more Rev 2s (170-180 or so?). The Rev 1 is the rarest Skunkboard by far with only about 35 to 40 out there.

I'd be interested at what Goat sold it to you for. I signed up for the list but didn't get notified, or responded to when I told them I wasn't notified.

FYI even Goat was selling his leftover skunkboards at 250$ plus on ebay about 8 months ago.

FYI even Goat was selling his leftover skunkboards at 250$ plus on ebay about 8 months ago.

Not sure I believe that either...

It's a sad day when the basic tools to make new Jaguar games are "rare". Makes one appreciate the EverDrive, PowerPak and Harmony even more.

I'm curious, does anyone know how many EverDrives were sold for any particular system? Is the Skunkboard production run really that small in comparison?

In all honesty, we never expected there was a market for more than maybe 200 of anything in the Jaguar community.

Ghost Rev 3 is not the rarest Skunkboard. It is equally common to the non-ghost Rev 3, there were 100 of each of them. There were more Rev 2s (170-180 or so?). The Rev 1 is the rarest Skunkboard by far with only about 35 to 40 out there.

Wow. Anybody else here have an R1? We should start an exclusive club. :)

• Like 1

Makes one appreciate the EverDrive, PowerPak and Harmony even more.

It was made clear from the beginning that the Skunkboard was NOT to be a cheap/easy way to pirate games, unlike the sole purpose of the other devices mentioned.

Not sure if everyone fully appreciated what Tursi helped accomplish with the Skunkboard.

Definitely not! :lol:

Edited by save2600

Are you sure about that? What's the eBay account name?

Not sure I believe that either...

Man, I was shocked when I saw it on eBay. I sent the seller an angry message telling him how these were still available from the Goat store for 119.99, and recieved this: I own the goatstore! Lol. Dan

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewItem%26item%3D160888147758%26ssPageName%3DADME%3AX%3AAAQ%3AUS%3A1123

Proof enough?

Man, I was shocked when I saw it on eBay. I sent the seller an angry message telling him how these were still available from the Goat store for 119.99, and recieved this: I own the goatstore! Lol. Dan

Proof enough?

Why would you send an angry message to him? People can sell stuff on ebay for whatever price they want...you should send an angry message to the people that actually buy them for that price, lol. Besides, seeing that you are asking for "offers" I'm assuming you want more than you originally paid for yours ;)

-Edit...my apologies, I thought you were the OP (I'm on a smart phone, lol)

I still see no reason to send angry emails to ebay flippers though, if people stop buying it, they will stop selling it, lol

Now, to lighten the mood....if you own a dreamcast, purchase cool herders!! Top notch homebrew :)

Why would you send an angry message to him? People can sell stuff on ebay for whatever price they want...you should send an angry message to the people that actually buy them for that price, lol. Besides, seeing that you are asking for "offers" I'm assuming you want more than you originally paid for yours ;)

-Edit...my apologies, I thought you were the OP (I'm on a smart phone, lol)

I still see no reason to send angry emails to ebay flippers though, if people stop buying it, they will stop selling it, lol

Now, to lighten the mood....if you own a dreamcast, purchase cool herders!! Top notch homebrew :)

The idea that someone bought 5+ skunkboards for the express purpose of waiting a year and then selling them at three times the price is a practice that deserves anger...

misfit-toys-and-games isn't Goat Store or Dan. Misfit is in AZ, Goat is in WI.

At any rate when I tried to get on the list I didn't get emails and posted about it here on AA. I was told to write directly and request to be added so I could be added manually, and I did. When it came out no one ever notified me. When I wrote asking why I wasn't told, and to see if there were any left I was ignored. At least I have my Rev.2. It is somewhat irritating to see people with many for resale. Oh well. I just wanted one for my kiosk and one for my main Jag in the carry case (so I don't have to move em). My original Rev.2 went to Reboot (still glad I got one in their hands), and my second is Crazy Climbers living in the kiosk. I'm thinking one day there will be another solution or fourth run or whatever and that will be good enough for my want (not really need) to have a second one. I'm very glad to have the one I do for the time being.

• Like 1

misfit-toys-and-games isn't Goat Store or Dan. Misfit is in AZ, Goat is in WI.

At any rate when I tried to get on the list I didn't get emails and posted about it here on AA. I was told to write directly and request to be added so I could be added manually, and I did. When it came out no one ever notified me. When I wrote asking why I wasn't told, and to see if there were any left I was ignored. At least I have my Rev.2. It is somewhat irritating to see people with many for resale. Oh well. I just wanted one for my kiosk and one for my main Jag in the carry case (so I don't have to move em). My original Rev.2 went to Reboot (still glad I got one in their hands), and my second is Crazy Climbers living in the kiosk. I'm thinking one day there will be another solution or fourth run or whatever and that will be good enough for my want (not really need) to have a second one. I'm very glad to have the one I do for the time being.

If you are correct, it makes this seller even more of a dirtbag (for claiming to be someone he is not...) I have never seen Goat act in a way that was not 100% honest and curtious, and to be honest that was what surprised me so much. Someone needs to contact him right away and let him know someone is trying to sell items under his name.

If you are correct, it makes this seller even more of a dirtbag (for claiming to be someone he is not...) I have never seen Goat act in a way that was not 100% honest and curtious, and to be honest that was what surprised me so much. Someone needs to contact him right away and let him know someone is trying to sell items under his name.

Dan has Midwest Gaming Classic coming up this weekend (it's his show) and I don't think he gets to even sleep much less answer people on eBay for the month before he puts on that shindig. He is a very busy dude this time of the year.

The idea that someone bought 5+ skunkboards for the express purpose of waiting a year and then selling them at three times the price is a practice that deserves anger...

I don't know man, I just don't see an issue with it. If people want to flip stuff then who cares. It helps the original developers/distributors hit there "minimum run" numbers at least, lol.

I don't know man, I just don't see an issue with it. If people want to flip stuff then who cares. It helps the original developers/distributors hit there "minimum run" numbers at least, lol.

I only care if I don't get one. Heh, mainly I think everyone here would love to do the same and flip a bunch, and they just hold back on doing something like that. One of those moral just because you can, doesn't mean you should things...

GameStop was really pissed back in 2004 when they did the $10 extra credit on PS2 trade ins, at the same time as the buy 2 get 1 free sale. I bought three games for $10. Traded them in for $15 credit, and then bought the same three back. After rinsing and repeating over 100 times, I was told I was immoral by the district manager, and banned from the store. :rolling: I didn't make the concurrent promotions. :grin: I just took advantage of them (one of the few to ever get the better of GameStop) and proud of it.

• Like 1

I only care if I don't get one. Heh, mainly I think everyone here would love to do the same and flip a bunch, and they just hold back on doing something like that. One of those moral just because you can, doesn't mean you should things...

GameStop was really pissed back in 2004 when they did the $10 extra credit on PS2 trade ins, at the same time as the buy 2 get 1 free sale. I bought three games for $10. Traded them in for $15 credit, and then bought the same three back. After rinsing and repeating over 100 times, I was told I was immoral by the district manager, and banned from the store. :rolling: I didn't make the concurrent promotions. :grin: I just took advantage of them (one of the few to ever get the better of GameStop) and proud of it.

See, that doesnt really bother me. What does bother me is taking advantage of an individual who put blood, sweat and tears into a project that was never even really intended to make a profit (Though i'm sure they made a bit), a project that was created for the purpose of stimulating development on a system which many of us here have a significant investment in (emotional and otherwise) It's capitalism at work and you can't blame someone for exploting those principals for some cash. You can however, resent them for a complete lack of respect towards those people who put hundreds of man hours and thousands of dollars of investment meant to give US (the small, tightknit jaguar community) some happiness.

Edited by Elerach

I'm so glad I got in on the Rev 1 Skunkboards!

I guess technically the /rarest/ Skunkboard is one of the four that I sold on EBay last year, it's is a one-of-a-kind refurbished Rev 2 board with a 4MB flash instead of 8MB, installed in a cartridge shell with a custom Vinyl label (there are only 20 or so of those labels, too). I've no idea who bought it but it only went for like $60-80.

As for development purposes, the (deliberate) advantage of the Skunkboard over a device like EverDrive is the ability to remain connected to the PC for debug and reload. While copying to a flash card and then booting that is nicer than nothing at all, it does make for a slower development cycle than "reset, reload". ;)