IGNORED

Legend of Zelda Master Quest - Today!

Well, I don't know who did it, but someone in the Rochester area jumped the gun on handing out the Zelda bonus discs. That gave EB Games (where I pre-ordered) the go-ahead to do it too.

So I'm now about fifteen minutes into the "Master Quest" and it's pretty cool. Still the same basic game, just with more monsters to fight (so far mostly bats and Gohma eggs) and a few different puzzles to solve.

And the whole thing is High-Res, which can be a good thing (monsters and architecture look great) or a not-so-good thing (Link's hair looks odd as one big shiny clump).

Also playing "Ocarina of Time" with load times is weird, but only a minor nuisance. There's a slight pause when going to the map menu and sometimes when going from one area to another. There is also a new "memory card access" screen when you save. Otherwise, everything's just peachy!

The disc comes in a standard GameCube disc case (unlike those poor Japanese bastards who only got a booklet and envelope) and looks nice.

The only negative to the package I found was that there are no demos on the disc of other games, only movies. Ah, well. It's still the greatest pre-order bonus of all time...

My god, the energy of youth!

OOO!!! i got Wind Waker on reserve and the bonus disc too. But they aren`t giving them out until after the game arrives... Eh...

I remember reading about Ura Zelda(which you all know is master quest now) way back in the day and loosing bladder control almost. It would have been so awesome with the space capabilities of the 64-DD. I can`t wait to pop in that little disc of heaven come release...

OOO!!! i got Wind Waker on reserve and the bonus disc too. But they aren`t giving them out until after the game arrives... Eh...

You mean they're not giving them out until "The Wind Waker" is released?

They're not supposed to do that. Nintendo wants these discs out there now. If they won't give it to you on Sunday (the official release date for the bonus disc) make a fuss and don't be afraid to take it to management or higher. If they won't come through, go somewhere else, get the bonus disc and cancel your pre-order with these jerks.

I've got an awful lot of appointments, today.

Rhindle: I haven`t been in the store for a few weeks so i`m not sure as to their plans. But they said they were not sure if they would give them out before WW or on the release. They said they are probably going to give them prior due to people returning WW, so they just get the bonus disc for free. Which is really stupid if someone does that. I`ll be heading over there today anyways, so i`ll check and see what they say

Well, at EB, they will make a note on your receipt for "Wind Waker" that it was a pre-order and you won't be able to return it without the bonus disc - unopened.

There's no reason the place you pre-ordered from can't have a similar system. Besides, if they don't, what's to stop someone from just pulling a fast one later on, anyway?

Good luck.

@MayhemUK: The bonus disc has videos for F-Zero, 1080 Avalanche, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Wario World, Metroid Prime, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (GBA) and a "Hot Clips" video that shows footage from several games.

Well, that's what were here for sir.

It's true! I went to EB, they asked for a copy of my driver's license to verify my pre-order, and then I was handed a nice shiny longbox. I was really impressed - I thought since it was a pre-order freebie that GC would cheap out and put it in a paper or cardboard sleeve. This one is gonna look as great in the shelf as it does on my Cube, and will go nicely next to Windwaker when it's released! :D

I didn't get a phone call, I just took the initiative after reading this thread. I stayed up 'til 4 AM last night playing it too - I think mapping the C buttons to the C stick makes it that much easier and more fun to play. I love shooting down the spiders with my slingshot. HUTTAH! You got another golden skullatite award. :D :D :D

It's true!  I went to EB, they asked for a copy of my driver's license to verify my pre-order, and then I was handed a nice shiny longbox.  I was really impressed - I thought since it was a pre-order freebie that GC would cheap out and put it in a paper or cardboard sleeve.  This one is gonna look as great in the shelf as it does on my Cube, and will go nicely next to Windwaker when it's released! :D

Yes, I was also surprised when it arrived in a nice DVD-style case as I was also expecting a cheap cardboard sleeve. Unfortunately my copy is still shrinkwrapped and I haven't had a chance to pop it in my GC yet! Which may be a good thing, as the game is fairly addicting. And even though I already went most of the way through Ocarina of Time on the N64, I'd still get sucked into it again I'm sure. :D

..Al