IGNORED

Multicart... please.

I still kick myself for not buying a CC3 when I had the chance. That being said, isn't there enough demand for a new intellivision multicart? Has there ever been any serious discussion around creating a Harmony cartridge for the intellivision? (http://harmony.atariage.com/)

Unfortunately I don't have knowledge to make one, but would gladly support and buy one!! (or two).

Yes, I know I've brought this up in previous threads some time ago, but just like to start discussion again :)

I still kick myself for not buying a CC3 when I had the chance. That being said, isn't there enough demand for a new intellivision multicart? Has there ever been any serious discussion around creating a Harmony cartridge for the intellivision? (http://harmony.atariage.com/)

Unfortunately I don't have knowledge to make one, but would gladly support and buy one!! (or two).

Yes, I know I've brought this up in previous threads some time ago, but just like to start discussion again :)

I'll second this motion.

It took quite a few years for the CC3 to sell out. By that measure I'd say that the market for such devices is now pretty small unless there is a compelling difference between the proposed new device and the CC3 to warrant a purchase.

True... I guess the problem I had with CC3 when it was available was the price of $150. Obviously looking back that's a deal now, but at the time I'd rather put that towards 3 home brews... I seriously had the mouse pointer over the "buy" button multiple times but just couldn't pull the trigger.

I'm not saying that the price wasn't warranted or anything, I mean I have no idea how many man hours were spent or the cost of parts, but having a price point around what the Atari harmony sells for ($60) would have been an easier pill to swallow. Possible he could have sold more... or at least the ones he had more quickly.

Edited by TrickyMoon
  • Like 1

The CC3 was nice but for us european Inty owners it was difficult to buy as it needed a US bank transfer which is really akward to setup with some banks and costs loads (well in the UK anyway). Would love to see a new flash device so I'd be in if one came up.

Didn't stop one of your fellow Brits from getting the CC3....he just asked me to buy it and ship it to him. :grin:

• Like 1

I'm not saying that there isn't a market for a CC3 equivalent but I am saying that the current market is small. I would be shocked and also pleasantly surprised if you could sell more than 50 of them. When the numbers are that low covering the cost of prototype development could be problematic with a low sale point. Although a $60 price tag would be nice my gut feeling is that something closer to $100 would be more realistic.

I may commission a new Cuttle Cart like device. I would like to keep the price at $100 but no promises.

I would rather have a device that is drag and drop.... I am not a fan of the software in the CC3.

That's a price I could handle.. even $125-150, just back when CC3 was available I thought it was expensive... nothing compared to the prices they go for now when they show up on ebay or in marketplace

I may commission a new Cuttle Cart like device. I would like to keep the price at $100 but no promises.

I would rather have a device that is drag and drop.... I am not a fan of the software in the CC3.

A drag and drop device could be as simple as a Micro SDHC in a card reader for the pc. Formatted FAT 16. Drag and drop onto the Micro SDHC and the plug it into the new Intellivision Multi-cart device. The Multi-cart Device would have to be able read a FAT 16 SD and display the file name for the game in the menu. The engineers over on the Atari 8-bit forums have accomplished this sort of thing for the Atari computers, I imagine something very similar can be done for the intellivision.

A drag and drop device could be as simple as a Micro SDHC in a card reader for the pc. Formatted FAT 16. Drag and drop onto the Micro SDHC and the plug it into the new Intellivision Multi-cart device. The Multi-cart Device would have to be able read a FAT 16 SD and display the file name for the game in the menu. The engineers over on the Atari 8-bit forums have accomplished this sort of thing for the Atari computers, I imagine something very similar can be done for the intellivision.

That´s how the CC3 works. It has a micro sd inside. You fill the sd card on your computer with the rom's and back on the inty the cc3 shows a pretty menu.

With a cc3 it's not drag and drop. You have to use the software that comes from shell's electronics website. It works alright but sometimes I end up with the same game on there multiple times. You could probably bypass using the software if you figure out the format of the menu files. I think they're just text files.