IGNORED

Multicart... please.

Sooo, if you buy the Intellivision Lives games, is there a way to get those games onto a Multicart? Legally? Illegally? :evil:

I believe making copies for yourself falls under "fair use." In any case, just don't pass it around or try to sell it.

However, I'm not a lawyer, though I did stay at a Holiday Inn last month. No, wait! It was a Hampton Inn, so ignore my comment. Shucks!

dZ.

I believe making copies for yourself falls under "fair use." In any case, just don't pass it around or try to sell it.

However, I'm not a lawyer, though I did stay at a Holiday Inn last month. No, wait! It was a Hampton Inn, so ignore my comment. Shucks!

dZ.

Fair Use? Yeah...like everyone really follows that rule........

So assuming fair use, is it actually possible to convert the files on the IntellivisionLives disc into a Rom that will work on a multicart?

I would also consider this fair use since I own virtually all of the games in question. What I don't own on actual cart, I would own via the Intellivision Lives disc. Also, I'd only use them for convenience (myself) and never distribute. Just wanted to know if it was possible or how to get them on the multicart.

So assuming fair use, is it actually possible to convert the files on the IntellivisionLives disc into a Rom that will work on a multicart?

I would also consider this fair use since I own virtually all of the games in question. What I don't own on actual cart, I would own via the Intellivision Lives disc. Also, I'd only use them for convenience (myself) and never distribute. Just wanted to know if it was possible or how to get them on the multicart.

Assuming that you personally own the files on the IntellivisionLives disc and you personally convert them to a useable format then it's OK.

Simply downloading ROMzorz is theft even if you already have a cart in your livingroom. You need to personally dump your own cart. See that? Your property. Your personal labor on your property.

I was waiting for the second part to the question, but I wasn't sure if you were asking for the technical solution. Sorry for the gratuitous moral pontification. :)

Yes, there is a way. I believe the "itv" files in the collections are actually BIN files. You should be able to rename them and copy them into your CC3 card.

I'm not sure if the CC3 supports the extension "itv" as we'll, though.

I haven't tried this yet, but I'm told it works. Send me a PM if you have problems.

dZ.

I was waiting for the second part to the question, but I wasn't sure if you were asking for the technical solution. Sorry for the gratuitous moral pontification. :)

Yes, there is a way. I believe the "itv" files in the collections are actually BIN files. You should be able to rename them and copy them into your CC3 card.

I'm not sure if the CC3 supports the extension "itv" as we'll, though.

I haven't tried this yet, but I'm told it works. Send me a PM if you have problems.

dZ.

I currently do not own a CC3, but was planning on buying a multicart from GB when available. My original question was mostly technical (is it possible and how?), but kinda of legal/moral.

Legally: I'm assuming that TheLoon is correct in that to be "fair use" I'd have to rip/dump a single backup of my own original copy. Good to know.

Morally: Considering I own 99% of these games many times over, both on actual carts and on IntellivisionLives CDs, and the fact that I have no intent to illegally distribute any games, I have absolutely no moral issue with converting IntellivisionLives files to a multicart (legally or not). Additionally, would also have no moral issue "illegally" downloading the ROMs for my multicart, but only because I already own the games. If I didn't own a single copy of an Intellivision game, I wouldn't feel right downloading the ROMs for a multicart.

Technically: I'll hold off until I get a multicart, but I will eventually be looking for a way (hopefully as legal as possible) to full it up with all of my games. This is not my area of expertise.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in for one, possibly two. And some bacon.

Sounds like the CC3 sold slowly because the price was too high, and difficulty in ordering, which caused more than one person to hover over the buy button. Sounds like a lot of these people ended up missing out, but would still buy one if they could get one easily for a reasonable cost.

If the multicart was $50-$80 and ordering was quick and easy via PayPal, they'd sell a lot faster.

- J

I'm in for one, possibly two. And some bacon.

Sounds like the CC3 sold slowly because the price was too high, and difficulty in ordering, which caused more than one person to hover over the buy button. Sounds like a lot of these people ended up missing out, but would still buy one if they could get one easily for a reasonable cost.

If the multicart was $50-$80 and ordering was quick and easy via PayPal, they'd sell a lot faster.

- J

Price too high? I don't think so and difficult to order? No you just had to think and spend a bit of time and effort instead of robotically clicking that Paypal button.

Best value ever and it is just like having a Intellivision "Juke Box" where you can play any game or test game, beta rom etc.. that would never be available otherwise. (and there are lots!)

If a new product ever gets made that is a similar price I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Love my CC3!!

Edited by Utopia

Price too high? I don't think so and difficult to order? No you just had to think and spend a bit of time and effort instead of robotically clicking that Paypal button.

Best value ever and it is just like having a Intellivision "Juke Box" where you can play any game or test game, beta rom etc.. that would never be available otherwise. (and there are lots!)

If a new product ever gets made that is a similar price I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Love my CC3!!

Opinions will differ. Of course, now they are selling for $400, $150 does seem like a good deal. And if you read back the comments, it appears the hurdle in making a payment was a deterrent to some overseas buyers. You want to make it as easy as possible to get someone to pull the trigger in their moment of weakness while they're deciding yes or no.

- HZ

To be fair I have done a tiny bit towards the project by getting a suitable ARM based microcontroller development board in to try out, but nothing major. My top priority at the moment is getting a normal cart solution done so I can ship Rocketeer and KillBotz! Once KillBotz! development is drawing to a close I'll take a look at the multi-cart.