IGNORED

Reservations being taken for AtariVox+ Speech Synth

the.golden.ax

vox--2.jpg

AtariVox+ is a small device for use with Atari 2600, 7800, and Vectrex, that once attached with the help of an external speaker or headphone will produce voice, other effects, and save features on compatible game titles.

Features:

Phonetic speech, preset sounds, five channel music synth, and memory.

The 32K memory stores game saves and high scores for titles that support the feature.

Compatibility with both Atari and Vectrex game consoles via dip switch settings.

Installation:

For use with the Atari 2600, 7800, or Vectrex video game consoles.

Regardless of what system you chose to use with the AtariVox+ you will need to

attach the output jack to headphones, or PC speakers (amplified or not).

2600: The unit plugs directly in to the second controller port.

7800: The unit plugs in to the second controller port and requires an extension cable.

Vectrex: The unit plugs in to the second controller port and requires a modified extension cable.

There are a set of switches inside each unit that allow you to toggle between Atari and Vectrex modes.

For a list of games please check out this thread:

http://atariage.com/...ete-games-list/

More titles are also in the works.

Be sure to support the Atari Age store and buy VOX games here:

http://atariage.com/...oduct_list&c=98

Right now I'm just taking reservations (NO MONEY). If you are interested (no obligation) please PM me for details.

I will send you a list of the options and prices. Shipping is possible in the USA and internationally. These should

be shipping around the end of this month.

Thank you for looking,

AX

Hi- thanks for the AtariVox and now the AtariVox+! Can you describe the differences/changes made for the AtariVox+ vs. the original AtariVox? I realize the original AtariVox did not allow for a 2nd controller, but does the AtariVox+ have a pass-through for the 2nd controller? Either way, I am interested!

Edited by moving2

Hi- thanks for the AtariVox and now the AtariVox+! Can you describe the differences/changes made for the AtariVox+ vs. the original AtariVox? I realize the original AtariVox did not allow for a 2nd controller, but does the AtariVox+ have a pass-through for the 2nd controller? Either way, I am interested!

No it is still single player. The + adds Vectrex functionality. All the thanks and credit for the original goes to Richard H.

I'm just the distributor on this iteration.

• 1 year later...