IGNORED

Super Game Module second run

opcode

Used to be. Now it's 180. They changed it a few months ago.

That is what it says on thier site, you are right, however, this is the email I recieved yesterday and my dispute is closed...going to call them.

Thank you for contacting PayPal. We recently received your dispute for the

following transaction:

When you open a dispute in the Resolution Center, you must follow some

specific guidelines. We automatically close or defer cases that don't

follow these guidelines.

If you’re not satisfied, we encourage you to work directly with the seller

to resolve the problem (you’ll find their contact information on the

Transaction Details page). Most sellers welcome the opportunity to make

their buyers happy.

You have to open a dispute within 45 days of the transaction date. You

opened your dispute more than 45 days after the transaction date, so it was

automatically closed.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Protection Services

Edited by rga321

That is what it says on thier site, you are right, however, this is the email I recieved yesterday and my dispute is closed...going to call them.

Thank you for contacting PayPal. We recently received your dispute for the

following transaction:

When you open a dispute in the Resolution Center, you must follow some

specific guidelines. We automatically close or defer cases that don't

follow these guidelines.

If youre not satisfied, we encourage you to work directly with the seller

to resolve the problem (youll find their contact information on the

Transaction Details page). Most sellers welcome the opportunity to make

their buyers happy.

You have to open a dispute within 45 days of the transaction date. You

opened your dispute more than 45 days after the transaction date, so it was

automatically closed.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Protection Services

Interesting. It might be because the transaction occurred before they changed the policy. I would definitely contact them though since they did change it recently.

Called Paypal. All purchases prior to 11/18, date of the new 180 day policy change, have only 45 days to dispute. Going through my credit card company per Paypal's recommendation.

You should be covered by your credit card company. I hope you get your money back. Good luck.

It sounds like people are starting to pound the panic button.

Other than the lack of updates, is there any particular reason why Eduardo wouldn't finish the orders? Does someone know something that I don't?

For me it's been unanswered emails, lack of any real updates, not following through with his own deadlines, repeated instances of empty promises to deliver product via email to other members.

It's a very sad state of affairs that truly diminishes all the good things that are going on in the CV & ADAM community and for that matter the entire retro-community. People have every right to being upset and nervous about losing the money that they have paid for the SGM and it's surprising that there hasn't been more action re. trying to get their money back via PayPal, credit card companies or pursuing further legal action... mail fraud. This happened in the ADAM community with a gentleman that went by the name of Soloman Swift (one of his numerous aliases) and eventually he did end of spending time behind bars for his actions.

I received my SGM in the first batch that were made, so I don't have a financial bone to pick, but I still believe that Eduardo will make good on all the orders he has received just like he did with the first batch... it's unfortunatey a case of deja vu again. I would truly start to worry if Eduardo still hasn't surfaced by the summer.

• Like 1

That was wyleyc. See this page: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/203362-super-game-module-now-available-for-order/page-58

Just a couple of hours ago I started laying out a PCB to make a compatible version. All parts are sourced and readily available. The specs are also readily available. I have a few more connections to think about before routing... then it's waiting about a month for my next PCB batch to be ordered/received, then spend some time doing some CPLD programming (as time permits).

If Eduardo doesn't come through within the next half-year or so (and if I get it working), I'll be able to supply these as fully assembled PCBs (no shell, though, and of course no box/manual) for no more than $36 plus about $9 shipping (pretty much worldwide).

Well hopefully eduardo follows through as he's done in the past but if he doesn't then count me in. I have an autodialer and am willing to sacrifice it if necessary.

I still believe that Eduardo will make good on all the orders he has received just like he did with the first batch.

Agreed. My understanding is that it is not uncommon for these kind of odd/frustrating long delays to occur, in indie retro hardware production community projects (ref: arcade machine hardware collector community projects as an example). Especially when it is just a one-man project, and the one person has known personal RL (real life) troubles/delays to deal with.

Good to keep in mind that: It is Opcode's known business model to sell multiple new programmed CV games in the future that will require the SGM, so it's clearly in Opcode's own interest to deliver on all SGM preorders asap (this year, presumably/hopefully, unless some terrible misfortune has happened to Eduardo).

(And thank you very much to the "plan B" alternative SGM-manufacturing community efforts in this thread, for offering a real SGM production alternative, for those of us still waiting, in case of a worst case scenario with Opcode. I have multiple cool Team Pixelboy SGM games here sitting on my shelf unplayed that require a preordered SGM that I don't have yet... And I am looking forward to buying more Team Pixelboy game reprints later this year like Zaxxon Super Game, Buck Rogers Super Game, and Dragon's Lair that all require an SGM!)

Best regards...

• Like 1

"Plan B" could also include the purchase of a Stand-Alone ADAM Memory Console to play the SGM required games that are ports from the ADAM. You don't need the Keyboard, Digital Data Drive and Printer (thanks to the ADAM power supply that rey_1178 sells) and best of all, it already outputs composite video through the Aux. Video or Monitor ports.

It not a perfect solution as there are other SGM games that still won't work, but it's an option nonetheless.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am back.

I am not even gonna try to apologize for being away again, as I don't think my personal issues are of public interest.

So plan is pretty simple: if I don't deliver the 2nd run by the end of July 2015, I will reimburse everyone who has already paid.

Pre-orders are also closed, any payments will be promptly returned. Let me try to fix this mess.

• Like 10

I am back.

I am not even gonna try to apologize for being away again, as I don't think my personal issues are of public interest.

So plan is pretty simple: if I don't deliver the 2nd run by the end of July 2015, I will reimburse everyone who has already paid.

Pre-orders are also closed, any payments will be promptly returned. Let me try to fix this mess.

Hi Ed

Its nice to see your back and that I'm getting my SGM by July, that will be great :-D and I will be super happy if that happens. If you can't deliver by July, I really don't want my money back, as I have a ton of SGM games & have spent a ton of money on them to never be able to play them. I have been looking forward to playing these games for a long time, and as long as I can play them at some point I will be happy. So I can only speak for myself but I don't care how long it takes I want my SGM at some point please. I'm sure and I trust you that you will make things right and thank you for that.

Thanks again

Edited by RelliK111

Hi Ed

Its nice to see your back and that I'm getting my SGM by July, that will be great :-D and I will be super happy if that happens. If you can't deliver by July, I really don't want my money back, as I have a ton of SGM games & have spent a ton of money on them to never be able to play them. I have been looking forward to playing these games for a long time, and as long as I can play them at some point I will be happy. So I can only speak for myself but I don't care how long it takes I want my SGM at some point please. I'm sure and I trust you that you will make things right and thank you for that.

Thanks again

You would have one if you didn't sell yours on ebay for 800 dollars . :ponder:

• Like 2

You would have one if you didn't sell yours on ebay for 800 dollars . :ponder:

Well thanks for being a DICK! Oh wait that is what you are right! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

A) It sold for on a $0.99 auction when I was having "personal issues myself" and I had no clue that it would go for so much. I put it up there along with a bunch of my collection so my kids could have a Christmas that year and when it comes to my Kids I would sell my whole collection for them. Also if someone offered you $800 for a SGM I'm sure you would take it also Mr High & Mighty!

B) I am confident as I have known ED for a while that he would make things good, in which he did, he came back and started shipping SGMs again, so I put in another order in the 2nd run. I had no clue as I'm sure ED had no clue that he would have more personal issues.

C) knowing what I know now I would still do it all over again, because to me taking care of family is more important then F*ckin VIDEO GAMES!!! That is also why I don't fault ED one bit, when his personal issues are done, video games will still be here, my colecovision will still work and I will still have fun playing my SGM games. Until then I have a few thousand other games to keep me busy!

You acting like a ASS and trying to instigate sh*t like you keep doing is disgusting!

Edited by RelliK111
  • Like 1

Wow. From phoney sounding Mr. Nice Guy in post #337 to raving mad in post #340 over a simple statement of fact.

Anyway, I am wondering if this is Ed making things right prior to bowing out of the ColecoVision scene or if he still has plans for game releases....especially DKA?

• Like 1

Wow. From phoney sounding Mr. Nice Guy in post #337 to raving mad in post #340 over a simple statement of fact.

Anyway, I am wondering if this is Ed making things right prior to bowing out of the ColecoVision scene or if he still has plans for game releases....especially DKA?

Screw you too Yurkie! You ripping people off with your broken mods!! You make me sick you 2 faced piece of crap!

Edited by RelliK111

I only hope he meets the July 2015 date he set and at least releases DKA. that is the only reason I ordered one of the SGM modules, however I have requested my payment back some time ago and I still have not heard from him.

I am back.

welcome back again

like the others i dont want my money back ill wait im not in a rush since i have one sgm....

Sounds good. Anything that keeps the colecovision alive and not forgotten works for me. Welcome back.

For what it's worth, Eduardo gave me the corrected ROM of Front Line SCE earlier today, and it works great (I tested it on real hardware) so at least that's taken care of.

I am back.