IGNORED

ABBUC Software-Contest 2013 - Entries

skr

• 2 weeks later...

So.... who do i actually need to prod about getting review copies or an okay for authors to send them to me? i tried PMing skr a few days ago but he's not replied yet and if i'm going to get the write up into Retro Gamer 123 i need to get moving on this over the next couple of days! (Yes, i know this sounds pushy and apologise for that, but i really want to cover the competition this year.)

In other news, i've already started thinking about my 2014 entry... can you guess what genre of game it'll be? =-)

So.... who do i actually need to prod about getting review copies or an okay for authors to send them to me? i tried PMing skr a few days ago but he's not replied yet and if i'm going to get the write up into Retro Gamer 123 i need to get moving on this over the next couple of days! (Yes, i know this sounds pushy and apologise for that, but i really want to cover the competition this year.)

Tried email (instead of PM) to sascha (skr) already?

I have his email addr at home if you can't find it.

Further you could (should?) try software@abbuc.de

Then you reach the big boss (Wolfgang Burger) as well. AFAIK

On the other side, I am pretty sure that the ATRs will be available soon, after all, the JHV is in three weeks :o

Received the ABBUC magazin today. I guess on the two disk would be the compo entries.

Although I would have thought it would be more then two disk, given there were somany entries.

Now I have to wait for ABBUC-members ATR-links as I do not have a 1050 in operation :o

Edited by Creature XL

Oh... it's going to be a text-based platformer with a football and a tower defense minigame, how'd you lot know?!

i'll send skr an email later when i'm not naffing around with VGA upscalers and stuff in preparation for the weekend. =-)

Received the ABBUC magazin today. I guess on the two disk would be the compo entries.

Although I would have thought it would be more then two disk, given there were somany entries.

Now I have to wait for ABBUC-members ATR-links as I do not have a 1050 in operation :o

Well,

originally we had six disksides (each 130kbytes), but thanks to packing with Superpacker/Exomizer I could reduce this to four disksides (130k each). You can also read about my battle with the ASC 2013 entries at Abbuc forum (german language):

http://www.abbuc.de/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7658

-Andreas Koch.

• Like 1

@TMR: Sorry for the delay, you have an answer now. ;) I was NOP for a while, but now are back up and running.

As mentioned more than once: We are RETRO. We still distribute real disks and that makes lots of work. So we do not make our own work obsolete by distributing ATRs before the disks. We always discuss how to handle it in the future, but for now just live with it. Waste of time? Not effective? Remember: We are RETRO.

Thanks to Andreas great work the entried all fit on 4 disk sides, which had to be copied manually by Wolfgang Burger. That are more than 800 disks and 1600 disk changes (he uses a 1050 with SuperSpeedy). This year I couldn´t even support him, as my SuperSpeedy produced errors (will have it checked by tfhh hopefully or get a new one, also from tfhh).

So: Disks are out and will arrive all over the world within the next few days/weeks. The web pages will be updated after the annual meeting (JHV) at the end of October.