IGNORED

Princess Rescue Now Available!

Albert

Wow, this game is absolutely incredible! I'm surprised at the amount of depth and the attention to detail. Even some of the most subtle quirks of the original Super Mario Bros found their way into this game. I just finished it all the way through, and it appears the game gets more difficult, just like the original, which will make looping it even more fun. Excellent work! This is easily one of the best homebrews I've ever purchased. :)

• Like 1

After watching Albert's step by step on what it REALLY takes to make these VERY professional homebrew releases, I think it's a steal at any price!!!!! I can't wait to add it to the collection. One question, or request I had was, I read in an earlier post that you don't "seal" the box :-o . Thats why I bought the loose one, I didn't want to open my boxed copy :dunce:. Could you seal mine with whatever glue you use on the other tabs :? ? Or tell me what kind of glue you use and I'll do it ;-) . In any case, I'm STOKED :grin: :grin: to get my hands on this thing!!

I know the cart mold discussion moved to it's own thread, but I was wondering, If Albert reveled his perfect system for cleaning/prepping cart shells, I'm sure some fellow AA members would be glad to strip, clean, and prep there stacks of in the way common/extras. Or split up and ship to willing volunteers, 25 or 50 of the needed shells to do, and return ship? Its fairly cheap to flat rate ship a box that size just about anywhere in the lower 48, and in my experience fast. I for one would be glad to pitch in. Just a thought.

After watching Albert's step by step on what it REALLY takes to make these VERY professional homebrew releases, I think it's a steal at any price!!!!! I can't wait to add it to the collection. One question, or request I had was, I read in an earlier post that you don't "seal" the box :-o . Thats why I bought the loose one, I didn't want to open my boxed copy :dunce:. Could you seal mine with whatever glue you use on the other tabs :? ? Or tell me what kind of glue you use and I'll do it ;-) . In any case, I'm STOKED :grin: :grin: to get my hands on this thing!!

I agree with this 100%. The amount of time and effort that went into this is amazing.

Yeah, I'm really amazed with the quality of these homebrews. Last couple of ones I ordered (I think the last one I got was either Failsafe or Jr. Pac-Man on the 7800, though the former was bought directly from Albert at CGE 2K10) had a nice glossy label too.

Two more photos. I have the carts all tested and labeled, just need to assemble the box, box insert, cart and manual together 100 times. :)

pr_carts_labeled.jpg

pr_assembly_line.jpg

I'll have them assembled this weekend and will ship them out Monday and Tuesday.

..Al

ONE OF THOSE IS MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE.

• Like 1

ONE OF THOSE IS MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE.

Shucks; I thought you'd have gotten the prototype box already!

Thats why I bought the loose one, I didn't want to open my boxed copy :dunce:. Could you seal mine with whatever glue you use on the other tabs :? ? Or tell me what kind of glue you use and I'll do it ;-) .
Seriously, why the heck would you want to glue your box shut?!?! I believe my Boulderdash CIB came with one of those little AA stickers to seal it like Albert uses on the lose cart baggies. I carefully cut it with an Exacto blade, but even if it comes with a sticker seal, albeit a tiny one, then it is still sealed. Gluing the box would only hurt the collector value since it wouldn't be minty anymore, and would require extensive box damage to open.

stardust4ever, this is the first boxed game I purchased from AA, didn't know about the sticker seal. I agree, if thats how he ships it, that would be how to keep it. I have no intentions on playing this one, I have two loose copies, that rock. My point was just all the "silver box" games came in glued shut boxes, and shrink-wrap on some/most. As far as I have found anyway.

Well, I was just moving boxed games around, and found the more "gray" boxes are flap folded, no glue. But I do have several on the shelf also that are just like this>post-33986-0-73198900-1374382642_thumb.jpg I ended up with a few extra "new" games and opened them with my kid to show how it was. Anyway, this was still shrink-wrapped, and that was the only way in. Cut the glue, as I did, or just rip it open.

So would I be right in assuming the first boxed run consists of 72 ntsc carts and 28 pal carts? Just to know, mine will definitely be played a lot, just like my boulderdash and halo carts. I'm not into just leaving them sitting on a shelf looking pretty and never being played. Cheers

or there will be some very unhappy campers when their TVs start rolling. :roll:

No kidding. Happened once to me with my NTSC hack of Ewok Adventure. They made a PAL cart just for me, but I got a NTSC one.

So someone yet unknown is having a completely unique PAL Ewok Adventure. :)

No kidding. Happened once to me with my NTSC hack of Ewok Adventure. They made a PAL cart just for me, but I got a NTSC one.

So someone yet unknown is having a completely unique PAL Ewok Adventure. :)

Somebody's also sitting on a goldmine:
John Bennet originally discovered this prototype in 1997. His father had a friend who worked for Parker Bros, which is how he acquired the game. The game appears to be finished and playable. The PAL version of this game was discovered by a European collector in 2000 and was released to the public at the 2001 Eurocon classic gaming convention. To date, an NTSC version of Ewok Adventure has not been released, although at least one copy is known to exist.
Edited by stardust4ever

Just a note about "sealing" boxes. I have never done that, as I want people to PLAY the games. If you want to put the game back in the box after you've finished, I have no issue with that, of course. And I would never use glue that would damage the box in some fashion (as pictured above with one of Atari's games).

What I do is put the game in a thick, protective plastic bag and use a small sticker on the flap. I used to use scotch tape, which could be somewhat difficult to remove. After some feedback about tape sticking to and damaging cartridge labels, I am now using removable stickers that have "AtariAge" printed on them. These are easily removed and reapplied.

..Al

• Like 2

Just a note about "sealing" boxes. I have never done that, as I want people to PLAY the games. If you want to put the game back in the box after you've finished, I have no issue with that, of course. And I would never use glue that would damage the box in some fashion (as pictured above with one of Atari's games).

What I do is put the game in a thick, protective plastic bag and use a small sticker on the flap. I used to use scotch tape, which could be somewhat difficult to remove. After some feedback about tape sticking to and damaging cartridge labels, I am now using removable stickers that have "AtariAge" printed on them. These are easily removed and reapplied.

..Al

What kind of idiot did that ? :ponder:

No, it's more like 88-12. Better hope you marked them correctly in the above photos, or there will be some very unhappy campers when their TVs start rolling. :roll:

The PAL versions are PAL60, so if an NTSCer got one they just would have funky colors.

• Like 1