IGNORED

Princess Rescue Now Available!

Albert

I bought a boxed version of this game so I could PLAY it. I intend to gently take it out of its box each time, play it-and return it to its box afterwards.

I could've bought a loose cart of it-but I only just want to have fun with the game. Why do I want the box? Simply because it is cool and neat to have it.

I could care less about its resale value, rofl...

I can only make it to the boss on world 1-4. It would be awesome if the game had some sort of continue feature-or level select feature.

You see I'm all about the GAME.

If you sold it again with additional features like I mention above-I'd likely spend another 50 on it just to have an enhanced version of it :)

I'm a gamer first. Being a collector is fun too-but that's pretty far down the list of priorities.

Please keep on making awesome games Atari-age, I'll be there to buy them all-if I can! :)

• Like 2

If you understood what happened, you probably would have a different outlook on this. Go back a few pages and Albert explains exactly what happened. It wasn't planned this way.

i am sorry i cant afford to buy a copy and dont have the means to pull my systems out of storage. so i can only play new games when and if someone releases the rom of a game, however i always want the little guy do what he has to do to make a few extra green backs, so i hope this does not discourage you from making a little more profit or sharing more of the love. forgot to mention earlier, but this game looks sweet and good job. hopefully one day i will get to enjoy the fruits of your labors. but until then keep up the good work.

If there are going to be more copies out there I don't want the one I have. It'll still be in the same unopened shipping box 5 years from now. What a waste.

Then send it back to me and I'll refund the $50 plus shipping you paid for it. I'll then have 101 boxed copies available for people who do want the game.

..Al

• Like 4

Then send it back to me and I'll refund the $50 plus shipping you paid for it. I'll then have 101 boxed copies available for people who do want the game.

..Al

Maybe should release it in August then. In August also Nintendo releases their "Wonderful 101" game on the Wii U. :D

Please don't piss off the Al. Everyone pretend for a minute he one day decided to quit the scene to pursue his lifelong dream of being a Buddhist Monk. No more AA, and the majority of homebrews/hacks and otherwise new games for our beloved systems would be gonesville.

• Like 7

Please don't piss off the Al. Everyone pretend for a minute he one day decided to quit the scene to pursue his lifelong dream of being a Buddhist Monk. No more AA, and the majority of homebrews/hacks and otherwise new games for our beloved systems would be gonesville.

I for one wonders how Albert even continues with this. With all the belly aching, complaining, and whining on the boards lately, I'd be be tempted to pull the plug..........he definetely is in a different state of nirvana than I am

The Sega Genesis controller uses a logic chip which after everything goes through has the C button high on power up plugged into the Atari 2600, which the program recognizes and configures itself for that controller.

You're auto detecting the Genesis controller? Is this only during the init sequence, or do you also detect them if users swap out controllers while the Atari is powered on?

I can only make it to the boss on world 1-4. It would be awesome if the game had some sort of continue feature-or level select feature.

:)

Princess Rescue has a "World continue" feature.

After you beat the World 1 boss and go to World 2, when you die you can start on World 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, or 2-1.

I thought it was a really cool feature for a 2600 game when I found out about it!

Of course when you power off, you can't select World 2 from a new game.

According to the manual, you have to plug the controller and select the difficulty before switching your system on.

Thanks! I found this topic which has the auto detect code in bB.

Wish I'd known that for Space Rocks. While it hasn't been released, I'm not going to change it now as some carts have been made. I'll change Chun-Li to auto detect the controller on powerup though.

Quote: Princess Rescue has a "World continue" feature.

After you beat the World 1 boss and go to World 2, when you die you can start on World 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, or 2-1.

I thought it was a really cool feature for a 2600 game when I found out about it!

Of course when you power off, you can't select World 2 from a new game.

Excellent! I guess I should've read that awesome manual that came with the game. I like in the manual how it expressly mentions using the genesis controller, which I definitely use.

This game even got me into super mario brothers again-I played through the nes version for the fun of it too recently.

Thanks! I found this topic which has the auto detect code in bB.

Wish I'd known that for Space Rocks. While it hasn't been released, I'm not going to change it now as some carts have been made.

Probably an even better reason for not changing Space Rocks is the manuals have already been printed.

• Like 2

Boulder dash boxed and Im in! As far as Al giving up on the AA? are you MAD? this is by far the best atari website out there! yes you get alot of WHINERS, but you got a lot of WINNERS too..>! Winners cause they can visit this site and only bitch when they want to...lol!

Love the site...love the new game and box and manual! Please continue with more...The halloweens were great...>Evil dead was a amazing and I want to see even more awesomeness from the community........Whiners! Quit yer whining!

thanks

I got lucky with the first Boulderdash, but I know a lot of people wanted to try it that missed the opportunity. And it wouldn't bother me if Boulderdash got reissued, because I originally bought the game to play it, not for resale.

Quote: Princess Rescue has a "World continue" feature.

For the record, if you die on World 2-1 and decide to continue on World 1-4, and you fail to defeat the BJ battle, the game will not remember that you made it to 2-1 and you will be forced to start over at 1-1 again. For some strange reason the World 1 BJ battle isn't that hard to beat but I kept repeatedly getting my butt handed to me on the World 2 BJ battle. :P Edited by stardust4ever

For the record, if you die on World 2-1 and decide to continue on World 1-4, and you fail to defeat the BJ battle, the game will not remember that you made it to 2-1 and you will be forced to start over at 1-1 again. For some strange reason the World 1 BJ battle isn't that hard to beat but I kept repeatedly getting my butt handed to me on the World 2 BJ battle. :P

Good to know!

Same here, about getting my butt handed to me.

However, I just made it to World 3!

I haven't turned off the 2600 all day so far.

Good to know!

Same here, about getting my butt handed to me.

However, I just made it to World 3!

I haven't turned off the 2600 all day so far.

Be fore you go too much deeper, you may want to invest in an uninterpretable power supply and plan on never swapping game carts again! Congrats and good luck on your quest to rescue the princess! :grin: Edited by stardust4ever

You're auto detecting the Genesis controller? Is this only during the init sequence, or do you also detect them if users swap out controllers while the Atari is powered on?

I'm trying to remember exactly how I programmed it, but I'm pretty sure that the Genesis Controller is detected right after the power is turned on, it's one of the first thing the code does. It does it because it needs to set a bit for how the rest of the game is going to handle the controls, so you can't hot swap an Atari / Gensis or vice versa controller during game play. The code isn't always looking at the c button to determine what controller is plugged in, It just looks at that set bit that's determined by the Genesis controller detection line from the beginning.

• Like 1

Using the reset button worked to make it detect and change number of lives even though the game doesn't always obey reset. I know this because the Sears Arcade 2 doesn't have switches and powers on the b-difficulty always.

Actually now that I think on it, it may not have changed joystick detection but did change the number of lives.

why doesn't the game like reset by the way?

Using the reset button worked to make it detect and change number of lives even though the game doesn't always obey reset. I know this because the Sears Arcade 2 doesn't have switches and powers on the b-difficulty always.

Actually now that I think on it, it may not have changed joystick detection but did change the number of lives.

why doesn't the game like reset by the way?

I believe I only put the reset detection somewhere during gameplay. I didn't put it in every routine. Looking back I should have put it in my "renderscreen" routine. That thing gets called on every screendraw.

• Like 1

[/size]I think that answers the question regarding the identity of the mysterious ebay reseller. Or there could be more where he came from... :roll:

Negative. As I posted, I haven't received mine yet. I had and still have no intention of selling it. I originally bought it to play it. I don't even know which kind of game it is yet.

So why does cpuwiz have a brain aneurism from that statement?

Are you serious? What is a mute point? I hope you don't actually say that to people.

The other dude clearly stated that his 70 dollar game was devalued. Which apparently means it is only worth the 70 dollars he paid for it. He clearly wanted to use this game to make a profit.

IT'S A $100 GAME! Do people not remember how much it cost? It just happened.

..Al

Dude. Come on. Please tell me you remember what the game cost, you just sold it a couple of months ago. It was $100. I don't want to send it back because I don't care about the money, I wanted an exclusive game. 1 in 100 exclusive, not 1 in 200. If you sell the other boxes I'm going to film me driving over the sealed game in my car 10 times and then post it on YouTube. When people ask me what the hell I'm doing I'll tell them the story, that's worth $100 to me. Hopefully the next time someone thinks about doing this they'll reconsider it.