IGNORED

What happened to 8bit-guy?

tjb

What's interesting is that if he really is Fernando, then why has the 5200 Venture port he promised never materialized? I would think he would be pedaling that ROM as well.

The Venture project was kjmann's. Is it even finished? kjmann does not support selling his roms. If it get's ported to the 5200 it will be cart only.

It's also telling that, in this JSII thread, he isn't even addressing the allegation that he and "Fernando" are one and the same, or even explaining why he was kicked off AtariAge. Instead, he's going out of his way to completely ignore those posts. If the allegation that he is "Fernando" were really false, one would think he would at least post a denial.

He is peddling his warez on JS II now:

http://www.jaguarsec...65

I'm pretty sure he got banned for what he did in the Colecovision scene.

http://atariage.com/.../page__st__1300

Albert had once misunderstood why I back up my carts. I never knew about his previous experiences with special people. I thought a real pirate would figure out how to rip the carts themselves with hand-made hardware. It boggles the mind to think someone would request Boulderdash ROMz directly. sigh.

Forgetting his history for the moment, 8bit-guy should have just been up front about selling the ROMs. The way he handled it with the PM's came across as very sketchy. This hole thing about taking donations, so he doesn't have to make carts and will have more time to do conversions, doesn't make a lot of sense. And why be so secretive about it? Also, he should have given some credit to the help he was getting on these conversions instead of pretending it was all him.

I think what most people forget here is Fernando/8-bit guy doesnt care what anyone of us think. He found a way to make money off doing something very simple. He will continue to pursue these types of opportunities to make money for doing nothing, its his nature.

So no whining or complaining about what he is doing - he will continue to try to get carts which he can make copies of and sell. His back pocket is his only concern - not the work that others do to support the community.

The best any of us can do is to not support him or his efforts. A $10 donation for what? At best he is the middle man in these transactions - at worst he is just accumulating others work and selling them for his profit.

Just make others aware of his scheme and let them decide, but nothing here will change him making a quick buck off others work.