IGNORED

What happened to 8bit-guy?

tjb

Then exactly how did Fernando get his mitts on Fandal's and KJMann's ROM's? Especially considering that KJMann's Venture conversion has never been released to the public. Did he somehow befriend these two and steal their works? I would think that would be difficult with a ROM that has never been released.

Then exactly how did Fernando get his mitts on Fandal's and KJMann's ROM's? Especially considering that KJMann's Venture conversion has never been released to the public. Did he somehow befriend these two and steal their works? I would think that would be difficult with a ROM that has never been released.

Who said he had a copy of Venture?

Allan

He posted a 'new game is coming' thread shortly before getting banned, hinting at an upcoming release of 5200 Venture. tep392 said it was originally kjmann's project, so that's where I got that information from.

Yes I said it was kjmann's project. I didn't say it was Fernando/8bit-guy's. My guess is that he might have been play testing or involved in some manner. That thread was all about anouncing it was in the works.

Yes I said it was kjmann's project. I didn't say it was Fernando/8bit-guy's. My guess is that he might have been play testing or involved in some manner. That thread was all about anouncing it was in the works.

I'll add that kjmann is not a programmer. His specialty is chip tunes. He works with others who do the programming. I've actually done a little work for him from time to time.

For the record, only 5 people have received a venture cart and that was an early version that had a LOT of bugs. The only reason it was released is because of a mis-communication with Video 61.

Tep392 is correct. I'm not a coder. I'm the sound, graphics and the project director on almost all the games we do.

Okay. I agree. He's playing dirty with the Atari community and the ROMS do not belong to him. Here's what I got that hasn't already been posted above. (my opinion - the best of these is MC+, which was already posted) .

Thanks Cafeman. While these ports are good as far as they run with little to no bugs, I find the "conversion" from digital to analog controls to be lacking.

I keep repeating myself, but the center window is not large enough making it hard to keep your player in place during play.

Still, if you have masterplay or the like they play very well. Its just that most people don't..

Did I see in the link to another forum he was trying to sell more games beyond what he advertised here? Anyone follow that to see what else was "released"?

Quote from 8bit-guy on Jag Forum

"I don't need to respond to AA stupid assumptions

If you believe half their lies go there to fuel the drama and

continue playing buggy pacman arcade for years..."

" Pacman Arcade ,

download Perry's demo,

Press reset/ pause on real hardware a few times and it dies,

awful programing...

And he "teaches" his techniques on the forums "

Nice. It looks like 8bitFenandoMariaMajic is ripping on me in the Jag Forum. I guess I ruffled his feathers with all my criticism of Ferando. ;) I also noticed that he hasn't posted anything for sale on Ebay lately. Maybe his shill bidding finally caught up with him. :)

I actually sold the ROM of the 5200 version of Pac-Man Arcade to Fernando when I was still developing it, before I knew what a tool he is. He identified some bugs at the time and I fixed them for the final version. I havn't had any reports of bugs since the physical carts shipped. I suspect it's an issue with his flash cart.

What's really funny, is that this is coming from a guy who's selling some of the buggiest conversions around. :)

I actually sold the ROM of the 5200 version of Pac-Man Arcade...

I'm glad you were willing to sell the rom.. I wish more homebrew authors would.

Lots of CV games, one being Pac-Man collection I would love to purchase that rom...

I don't even play Tempest that much simply because it is not on my SD cart.

Sinistar, Haunted House II, I only play them on occasion when I have all the carts out.

Normally the SD cart doesn't leave the cart port.

Sorry- Back on topic: I've played Pac-Man arcade weekly since I purchased the ROM and don't remember ever having an issue with the game.

I really love the initial splash screen. :)

"I don't need to respond to AA stupid assumptions

If you believe half their lies go there to fuel the drama and

continue playing buggy pacman arcade for years..."

" Pacman Arcade ,

download Perry's demo,

Press reset/ pause on real hardware a few times and it dies,

awful programing...

And he "teaches" his techniques on the forums "

Nice. It looks like 8bitFenandoMariaMajic is ripping on me in the Jag Forum. I guess I ruffled his feathers with all my criticism of Ferando. ;) I also noticed that he hasn't posted anything for sale on Ebay lately. Maybe his shill bidding finally caught up with him. :)

I actually sold the ROM of the 5200 version of Pac-Man Arcade to Fernando when I was still developing it, before I knew what a tool he is. He identified some bugs at the time and I fixed them for the final version. I havn't had any reports of bugs since the physical carts shipped. I suspect it's an issue with his flash cart.

What's really funny, is that this is coming from a guy who's selling some of the buggiest conversions around. :)

So he is officially trying to profit off of your work now?

I'm glad you were willing to sell the rom.. I wish more homebrew authors would.

Lots of CV games, one being Pac-Man collection I would love to purchase that rom...

I don't even play Tempest that much simply because it is not on my SD cart.

Sinistar, Haunted House II, I only play them on occasion when I have all the carts out.

Normally the SD cart doesn't leave the cart port.

Sorry- Back on topic: I've played Pac-Man arcade weekly since I purchased the ROM and don't remember ever having an issue with the game.

I really love the initial splash screen. :)

Thanks. I will continue to offer the ROM to people who don't wan't a cart. It's also included with the purchase of a cart.