IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club S2 ~ Week 7 ~ Tunnel Runner (Game 1)

Vocelli

post-34560-0-46158100-1372101252_thumb.jpg

I'm impressed with this game! beats the heck out of maze craze and I remember liking that one

I finally found Cb Cb door, on Run 9 or 10. i suppose there are lots of them. I found out that they do have the glowing floor though, to show you there is a door. I found that warping forward 2 runs may be beneficial whenever convenient, since you get more points per step, and for your time bonus, the higher the run #.

How many 3d maze games are there for the 2600?

Escape from the Mind Master (which I love and is one reason I'm searching for a supercharger).

Tunnel Runner (I didn't know this game until now!)

Skeleton+ (a homebrew I played just a little)

Are there others?

I know of a couple: Crypts of Chaos (20th Cent. Fox 1982) & London Blitz (Avalon Hill 1983)

i hear there may be a prototype cartridge of AD&D Treasure of Tarmin

I think there is also one where you actually shoot with a gun but I don't remember the name

• Like 1

I know of a couple: Crypts of Chaos (20th Cent. Fox 1982) & London Blitz (Avalon Hill 1983)

i hear there may be a prototype cartridge of AD&D Treasure of Tarmin

I think there is also one where you actually shoot with a gun but I don't remember the name

Cool :thumbsup:

I'm noting these games so I'll play them soon.

Thanks, I really didn't know about these games since I played Escape of the Mind Master last year.

Here we go with my first ever emulated Atari game. The keyboard controls work pretty well for this particular one - obviously. We will see how I fare in other games. Nonetheless, it feels all wrong, without static and my Competition Pro joystick in my hands. And please please please wait with the paddle games till I'm back with my good old girl

Tunnel Runner: 7448.

Divisible by 2. Two bonus points. Yay!

post-34656-0-83504000-1372167934_thumb.jpg

My only trouble is when get to the map that has me invisible.

I know, that kills me. I can get past Run 9 because it's easy to find the key on that one, but I've died a thousand times on Run 10 :mad:

Is your guy invisible on all runs following Run 9?

I know, that kills me. I can get past Run 9 because it's easy to find the key on that one, but I've died a thousand times on Run 10 :mad:

Not sure. I don't think I made it passed that level.

:_( :_( This is not for me, never cared for any map/collect/maze games :? :? . I understand the challenge, I just don't have the patients to stick with it. I'll get a score up tonight, but it will be my only one ;-) ;-) ! This shows another great benefit of the HARMONY cart though, I would have been bummed if busted my butt to find this cart, only to find out it was a real stinker. A stinker in my opinion, reading the thread, it sounds like most are stoked about it, COOL, HAVE FUN :D :D , I'm gonna break in my Princes Rescue cart this week, REALLY GOOD if you liked the original SMB.

no, your guy will reappear on the map. I don't remember which run, but somewhere between run 14 & 18. I got used to finding out where I am and then using the map again. but then your guy comes back on the map, and the key is invisible! that for me was tough, even though it seemed like a huge relief to see my arrow, now I had to run all over with fast ghosts chasing and I don't know where the key is. then the ghosts disappear from that, rats. I suppose eventually it won't show you anything but a map.

it is funny, I got to run 18 a couple times but haven't been able to get that far since then. I seem to have had a better feel for the game when I improved at first, now I have to get that knack going again

about Run 5: I found you can get past that first ghost, but you have to hurry & waste no time running so you can beat him to that intersection. If you get slowed down by a corner, I don't think you can make it. if you don't pick up some speed between the two corners, it is a good chance you won't make it.

I looked at this game on the Retrocade scoreboards and found out it has a KILL SCREEN at Run 128, despite the manual's claim that the screens are endless.

The leader there rolled the score 5 times for a score of over 511K by the end.

• Like 1

Tip for finding key quickly on level 9:

1. As the run starts, immediately turn left and go all the way until you hit the wall.

2. Make a series of right turns, going all the way to the wall with each turn. Eventually, maybe in 4 right turns, you will see the key.

Thought this might be helpful for some.

:_( :_( This is not for me, never cared for any map/collect/maze games :? :? . I understand the challenge, I just don't have the patients to stick with it. I'll get a score up tonight, but it will be my only one ;-) ;-) ! This shows another great benefit of the HARMONY cart though, I would have been bummed if busted my butt to find this cart, only to find out it was a real stinker. A stinker in my opinion, reading the thread, it sounds like most are stoked about it, COOL, HAVE FUN :D :D , I'm gonna break in my Princes Rescue cart this week, REALLY GOOD if you liked the original SMB.

I'm right there with you... Not a fan... I'll probably get a few more tries in, but I'm not going to put much effort into this.

I have some news.

Since I've always played games with my brother, I tried to bring him back to Atari.

Unfortunately, he's too involved with modern games MMO and had refused to play here...

So I bribed him and now he's trying to beat my scores and finish better ranked than me (of course, we're going to discount my current 140 points).

If he wins, I'm gonna give him a Nintendo 3ds.

He's shinobiedo (a kind of hired ninja?).

He doesn't speak English very well (I wonder if I do?...) but I hope he can do good in the HSC.

Oh, and he's only one year younger than me. I'm the oldest of 3.

well that sounds exciting Liduario, & welcome shinobiedo !! I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes. you two might make a killing here since you are also competing as brothers! HA HA not that you needed the help Lid, you're already a total badass :grin:

a little tip for Tunnel Runner !! -- I've found a spot where the cb Cb door often appears from Run 10 onward:

......... .........

. . .

... ....................

. . .

imagine that the dot map is the upper left corner of the Tunnel Runner map. the underscore is the spot where the bonus

door is at in Runs 10 & 11. Other runs has it there too. sometimes the cb Cb door is along the top wall. if you can see

the monsters on the map, and you know where the bonus door is at, go to the other side of the map and lure them over

that way, then sprint to the door and get that 1000pts.

I have never found this door before Run 10

Edited by S.BAZ
  • Like 3