IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club ~ Week 8 ~ OINK! (Game 1)

Vocelli

Vocelli, just for clarification the poker bonus only counts on your highest score, correct?

Correct...But I guess next time it would be fun to try and make a great poker hand in addition to the submitted high score.

This time only your submitted high score constitutes your poker hand.

But next time we do poker.... oh you get the point.

i left the game on to wait for the camera, but when I came back the screen had gone black...

improvement w/ pic pending...

Watch out! The BAZ is on a roll!! :jango:

Nice scores on Tunnel Runner and now this game :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congrats to Northcoastgamer and S.BAZ for climbing into 2nd and 3rd place, respectively, in the overall standings :!:

Congrats to Lid for maintaining his lock on first place :!: :!:

@Northcoastgamer -- Big ups on that Tunnel Runner score, which is a truly mind-blowing accomplishment :!: :!: :!:

• Like 2

A breakthrough - for my standards: 28,796. I do, however, fear that much more Oink! may rip my cursor keys to shreds...

P.S. @Gorfy: I take it you update the score list? You may want to remove the double entry with your old score. And: Thanks so much for all the work, man!

post-34656-0-30858200-1372706885_thumb.jpg

Edited by karokoenig
  • Like 1

;-) thanks Gorfy & Liduario

post-34560-0-14748500-1372706666_thumb.jpg

tips i'm using:

as soon as the bricks reappear, dump as many as possible quickly to the center of the area with most holes.

then I work outward, grabbing toward L or R, dumping toward center of holes. maybe you all know this already, but once I got the hang of grabbing one way & dumping the other (quickly) my score jumped by about 30K. after grabbing a brick, hold the button, turn & release button. you can do it really fast, dumping more bricks toward the center of the holes, while running away from the center.

hand durability tip:

I use right hand pointer finger to rapid-fire bricks whenever I get a chance to stand in one place under bricks & over holes! it happens often and gives the L thumb a break at the most button-mashingest parts

• Like 1

I was a very good OINK player as a kid.

Let me see what I can do now. With the holiday week, not sure of play time.

Cracked 20K on the first pig and then the next two pigs couldn't live up to the challenge.

I have to have THREE good pigs to have a GREAT score.

TIPS: The wolf will concentrate on one spot. You need to key on that one spot and make sure your don't get hit by his breath because that is wasted bricks and time. If the wolf moves to a different spot ignore it. You need to concentrate on that one spot.

Vocelli: 48516

post-28484-0-94583400-1372720010_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

My feelings exactly!!! Plus you get to revisit old games you haven't played for a long time...like Tunnel Runner. I used to play that back in the day for hours on end!!!

That's one thing I've always loved about the HSC is playing games I've never played before. If it wasn't for the HSC I would have never had a reason to ever play OINK!

OINK - PARTICIPATION POINTS - GAME 1-BB - 40,000 (USING EMU7800 WITHOUT SOUNDS - MUTE ON)

Some games I play better without sounds. I often use MUTE feature on emulation (M key on EMU7800).

Video sent to Vocelli.

Edited by oyamafamily

Oink1982Activision_3_zps9c17c830.png

are 0's high or low for the bonus?

can we take worse scores for the leader board that are better poker hands?

Sure... but your HIGHEST posted score will be the one used.

So if you post it, I use it.

As for the 0's, the 0's are low.

Ouch... I am not going to be able to type tomorrow at work...

post-17553-0-39324000-1372733775_thumb.png

My feelings exactly!!! Plus you get to revisit old games you haven't played for a long time...like Tunnel Runner. I used to play that back in the day for hours on end!!!

And even when you would feel nostalgic and play games from your childhood, you might play a game or two... certainly not play the same game for several hours every night for a week straight! :)

P.S. @Gorfy: I take it you update the score list? You may want to remove the double entry with your old score. And: Thanks so much for all the work, man!

@Karokoenig -- Thanks, but actually I just update the Overall Standings every Monday. Vocelli updates the scores during the week, and does a fantastic job keeping up with it.

@Vocelli - Speaking of double entries, S.BAZ is currently listed twice in the score list.

i left the game on to wait for the camera, but when I came back the screen had gone black...

improvement w/ pic pending...

My kid was playing my console earlier today. When I just turned on the TV, the screen was black, moved joystick left and right, the screen woke up with the last game and score still there, and active. (he had a killer 48 points racked up, and one pig left, I played the last pig to 11500ish, he's 5, so not bad) I would say just don't hit reset, or select, and the score should still be there. Hope it helps. Not sure how it would work on Stella though?? I think COMMANDO RAID worked this way also, scared the hell out of me when I went to get the phone, and came back to a black screen. But a giggle of the joystick, and you should be good to go. GREAT SCORES ALL!!!!!! THE BAR IS VERY HIGH THIS SEASON!!!!!

Anyone know the Twin Galaxies records on this one, since they changed format I can't find them anymore.