IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club ~ Week 8 ~ OINK! (Game 1)

Vocelli

That's one thing I've always loved about the HSC is playing games I've never played before. If it wasn't for the HSC I would have never had a reason to ever play OINK!

:) It definitely has forced me to play and, stick with a few games that I otherwise would have popped in to check out, not "get", and put back in the collection without a fair shake. :) Some of the titles just don't fit the actual gameplay at all. This one is simple to "get", fun to play, and challenging to master. The perfect ATARI formula for success, wonder where those Activision boys got their start???? :-D :-D

... scared the hell out of me when I went to get the phone, and came back to a black screen. But a giggle of the joystick, and you should be good to go. GREAT SCORES ALL!!!!!! THE BAR IS VERY HIGH THIS SEASON!!!!!

Anyone know the Twin Galaxies records on this one, since they changed format I can't find them anymore.

thanks craftsmanMike, I'll try that next time.

i saw the Twin Galaxies "Oink" page: http://scoreboard.twingalaxies.com/operator.php?gameid=2781&platformid=5&variationid=3824

999,999 Todd Rogers & David Yancey

188,240 Alan Hewston

63,072 James Randall ...

it looks like we're rockin' pretty hard ! Vocelli -- I knew I was gonna see a score like that as soon as you mentioned "20K 1st pig." whenever I do that, I think I'm gonna get 100K, but like you said you have to have a good run all 3 pigs

i have to also 2nd what aftermac said, there's nothing like HSC to get me crakking out on a game I wouldn't have played otherwise... I actually put Oink in one time, played a little and thought it was a crappy game, never touched it again ! now I've gotten hooked and appreciate the game much better... I'll be scramblin'

• Like 1

post-34560-0-58197600-1372890870_thumb.jpgpost-34560-0-17241500-1372890879_thumb.jpgpost-34560-0-48706400-1372890889_thumb.jpg

amazing how one can just keep getting better... I keep thinking I'm starting to level off, then I get more skill.

now I'm getting better at dodging the wolf's shots

i found if you can keep him held off long enough over a big hole, he starts to get kind of confused as to where to attack & it starts getting spread out (the damage). which means 3 or 4 places along the roof for rapid-fire brick-throwing.

p.s. I got over 80K with the last pig

my best first pig so far was 29K

Edited by S.BAZ
  • Like 2

Trying to defend my top 10 position for this week's game as good as I can, improving ever so slightly: 30,636. One more of those nice-looking exclamation marks next to my name would be sweet :-).

I think the game has had enough of me, though. After that one lucky venture into 30k territory, my scores got piss-poor again.

post-34656-0-43857000-1372961918_thumb.jpg

Unbelievable!

I beat my ALL-TIME record on OINK. I kept records, all written in pencil, of my top scores on many games from 1980-1988.

Usually I do not come close to beating my top scores. But this time on OINK it did it.

Back then I broke 100k 3 times with a top score of 121K on OINK.

Now

1st pig 25k

after my second pig I was at 90k! I was just making passes on the top throwing bricks down and he kept missing me or a brick was in the way.

That second pig was amazing.

then ended with

Vocelli: 136178

post-28484-0-96010700-1373027329_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

awesome voc, now you got me scrambling again

90K with 2 pigs... that's a big head start at raising the scoring per brick!

i've been hoping to get 100K on the 1st 2 pigs. (about 70 is my top) i remember on my best run how fast the score was climbing after that.

i'm also thinking now that i would have definitely liked Oink growing up