IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

Yeah, $63.60 with shipping. Who knows after the FinalGROM comes out the speech editor *MAY* may turn up for FREE along with a PDF. One thing is certain, if you are not a collector or purist, the FinalGROM will pay for itself, saving our community from those hoping to cash in big-time on eBay.

I'm not enough of a purist to want to spend 63 dollars on it. :) not that it wouldn't be super cool, but id rather find someone selling like 10 of the Atari carts instead.

I did see a lot of carts going off for 86 bucks so far that includes the 10 Atari ones, but I just can't do that.

I've been following the FinalGROM stuff as well.

That's the cart that just adds CALL SAY and CALL SPGET to TI Basic, right? If so, just get an XB Cart!

Ya I got that cart (w box and manual - albeit it the more common non-flip-front box) in a package deal a couple years ago, and you're correct, it only adds those CALLs to BASIC. (Unless you count the "editor" which basically let's you type in words from the built in vocabulary ("Ready to Start?") and hear them spoken.

I paid about $30 US, which might seem high to some, but I was just starting my quest to acquire the complete TI catalog (don't even ask what I paid for Terminal Emulator I !!). I knew I was getting a lame duck cart (I already had XB and assorted variants), but not even I would have paid that price...which translates to $102 Canadian shipped!)

I also have the disc based "Text To Speech" which allows you to work with phonemes in XB, which would be kick-a$$ if it didn't have such a huge memory overhead. With it you can use the built in vocabulary AND phonemes in your programs, It would probably be more useful if the routines could used with a SAMS card.

Hmmmm maybe with RXB???