IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

Have no video cable :(

(And with this cinch cable, I can use it only for some minutes, because of monitor / eyes / headache)

For the Geneve I would suggest getting a Flat Panel monitor 19". Samsung made a nice one that I used with my Geneve that I had. It's a Samsung Syncmaster 910MP. It must have a SCART connector.

You can use SCART with the geneve. Just need to make a cable for it and use a few potentiometers to be able to dial in the settings for the different RGB signals. I have the instructions. You also need to provide power to one of the SCART pins (3v I think) to throw it into RGB mode. Then it looks awesome!

I would think that any monitor with a SCART connector would work.

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 3

If this is truly an "original" card, the buyer will want to check the battery, regulators and capacitors before putting it into a PEB and turning it on. Sometimes the cards came without heat sinks, meaning they would overheat and eventually the regulators would die. The Geneve may also require installation of a 32K SRAM upgrade before it is 'usable' with the last 4+ OS revisions.

• Like 2

For the Geneve I would suggest getting a Flat Panel monitor 19". Samsung made a nice one that I used with my Geneve that I had. It's a Samsung Syncmaster 910MP. It must have a SCART connector.

You can use SCART with the geneve. Just need to make a cable for it and use a few potentiometers to be able to dial in the settings for the different RGB signals. I have the instructions. You also need to provide power to one of the SCART pins (3v I think) to throw it into RGB mode. Then it looks awesome!

I would think that any monitor with a SCART connector would work.

yes, I have 3 of this Samsungs (1 x 710MP + 2 x 910MP)

And I have collected this infos in the last 2 years GENEVE-9640-PINOUT-v09.pdf

but

1. I am not sure about at all, means totally confused,

2. and I cannot built a cable w/o burning down the house

So the Geneve rusts in peace

(the 2nd one will also suffer this fate, I fear)

• Like 1

If you see this from 2014, well... that auction has a good price :P

attachicon.gifMYARC Geneve 9640 - TI-994A Texas Instruments compatible - 0a.jpg

When I add all the (non.running) video cables I bought in the last 2 years, I think I am on 1200 $ now.

It´s a very big pile of great video cables, really great, it´s amazing big, it´s tremendous ;) :grin:

But here in the pics you can see, there is only this cinch cable, but this does not work for my eyes.

Otherwise, I had bought this Geneve yesterday, immediately when I saw it (and was available)

• Like 3

i'm watching this auction to add to my collection. is $37 US (with shipping) a reasonable price for Miner 2049er and manual?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112360048364?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'd say that due to the rarity of the side port carts, that this would be a fair price. But you, in the end, would have to make the determination, as to whether it's right for you :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not usually looking for them, but I ran across http://www.ebay.com/itm/222419482936 4 MHz TMS9900NL-40 processors @ $24.95 + shipping. Knew they existed, but I've ever seen them offered before ;-)

IMO: Of course with the availability of the console speed up mod + 16-bit 32Kb memory mod it does make the price a tad steep to justify when you can get an entire standard "spare set with extras" from China http://www.ebay.com/itm/151327806981 @26.00.

• Like 2

This is a helluva deal and I went to go buy it now but I had to contact the seller about shipping charges first. He is in Cali and to ship to PA would be $48. I wish that weren't so but anyone of you on the west coast can grab it a lot cheaper I bet.

I wanted another spare console plus a beige one because I don't have one of those yet. If you buy this, please contact me if you want to sell some at a reasonable cost. At $50 each they are less than $10 each plus shipping. For $50 flat out total cost I'd split the lot with ya.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182579591649?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by Sinphaltimus

That one is one of the last 99/4s made, so it also helps put an upper limit on the number of 99/4s in existence (~72,000), as the serial numbers actually meant something back then (and this continued to apply for the first ~100,000 or so 99/4As). Note that it also doesn't have the speaker jack, which is less common than the ones that have it (but nowhere near the rarity of the slide variant).

• Like 2

Have other priorities right now, otherwise I would consider it (although I really want the slide variant).

If anyone is considering it, Mike Dudek is well known in the community (actually used to work for TI back in the day) and one of the most trustworthy eBay'ers you'll ever find. A hearty part of my collection actually comes from mdude (although I don't know if I've ever bought anything through eBay with him)!

Edited by PeBo
  • Like 2

Have other priorities right now, otherwise I would consider it (although I really want the slide variant).

If anyone is considering it, Mike Dudek is well known in the community (actually used to work for TI back in the day) and one of the most trustworthy eBay'ers you'll ever find. A hearty part of my collection actually comes from mdude (although I don't know if I've ever bought anything through eBay with him)!

ill confirm what PeBo says- I've picked up carts/etc from Mike's auctions and he is a FANTASTIC seller.

• Like 3

Naw, I figure I'm a die hard collector, and it's Acoustic couplers all the way for me!! (although I did have a non-coupler 300 baud volksmodem back in the day)

• Like 1