IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

doesn't seem to include the controller or headphones for the MBX (though maybe they're simply not in the picture)

a babebones MBX sold earlier this week for $39!

Woulda bought it, but then I would have been hunting for the controller and headset on their own, and I'm just getting too old for such a hassle.

OK, let´s see what he writes:

(HAS NOT BEEN FULLY TESTED).

BEING SOLD AS IS FOR PARTS OR REPAIR.

UNTESTED

UNTESTED

HAS NOT BEEN TESTED DUE TO

UNAWARE OF THE WORKING CONDITION

NO RETURN POLICY

NO GUARANTEES

100% Satisfaction Guaranteed

:)

• Like 4

OK, let´s see what he writes:

(HAS NOT BEEN FULLY TESTED).

BEING SOLD AS IS FOR PARTS OR REPAIR.

UNTESTED

UNTESTED

HAS NOT BEEN TESTED DUE TO

UNAWARE OF THE WORKING CONDITION

NO RETURN POLICY

NO GUARANTEES

100% Satisfaction Guaranteed

:)

Should I ask him if it works? (you know, to guarantee my 100% satisfaction)

Edited by PeBo
  • Like 1

TI-99/4A P-Code VER 4.0 Card with ALL Manuals TI99 PHP1270 Pascal Sold AS IS

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TI-99-4A-P-Code-VER-4-0-Card-with-ALL-Manuals-TI99-PHP1270-Pascal-Sold-AS-IS-/162599765084

Just putting this heads up here because of their relative rarity - not a good price, not a bad price imho, though, a pretty good personal track record with the seller.

With that said, it personally took ME two expensive auctions to get one working card of two (although each seller used similar wording as to their working condition).

I'd really like to salvage my second and make it available to the Market Place, but honestly can't determine the inop cause. I replaced a few leaky caps + replaced both VRs.

So, short of one-by-one removal of each support chip, socketing, and replacing, it could be a long project only to figure out it is a bad grom.

TI-99/4A P-Code VER 4.0 Card with ALL Manuals TI99 PHP1270 Pascal Sold AS IS

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TI-99-4A-P-Code-VER-4-0-Card-with-ALL-Manuals-TI99-PHP1270-Pascal-Sold-AS-IS-/162599765084

Just putting this heads up here because of their relative rarity - not a good price, not a bad price imho, though, a pretty good personal track record with the seller.

With that said, it personally took ME two expensive auctions to get one working card of two (although each seller used similar wording as to their working condition).

I'd really like to salvage my second and make it available to the Market Place, but honestly can't determine the inop cause. I replaced a few leaky caps + replaced both VRs.

So, short of one-by-one removal of each support chip, socketing, and replacing, it could be a long project only to figure out it is a bad grom.

I have never had one of my P-Code cards apart, so forgive me for my ignorance. Is it possible to change out the groms between cards? To see if that is indeed the problem?

• Like 1

I have never had one of my P-Code cards apart, so forgive me for my ignorance. Is it possible to change out the groms between cards? To see if that is indeed the problem?

Not at my de-soldering skill level, no. I don't want to chance destroying one. ;)

It also utilizes two (paged) ROMs + a full compliment of 8 GROMs (0-7) also unusually mapped into the rom space (in essence circumventing console GROMs 0-2).

It's odd too for another reason - the 60-pin card-edge connector shows no wear (hasn't seen a lot of insertion/use).

post-48993-0-24243300-1500918985_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

OK, anyone have any idea what the heck these are???? Never seen anything like that.

Are we even sure they're for the 4A? I've found some pretty small circuit boards inside cartridges, but nothing small enough to fit in these shells!

OK, anyone have any idea what the heck these are???? Never seen anything like that.

Are we even sure they're for the 4A? I've found some pretty small circuit boards inside cartridges, but nothing small enough to fit in these shells!

The Magnavox Odyssey is a different system. Nothing at all to do with the 4A.

• Like 1

The Magnavox Odyssey is a different system. Nothing at all to do with the 4A.

Now they are...ad was originally posted saying they were for the TI.

But there you go I thought the original Odyssey was one of the original 10-in-1 consoles that didn't take carts, I know it came with overlays for the screen since it had insufficient memory to draw a playfield even for early-era pong-like tennis, hockey etc.

The Odyssey2, which was my first console of any kind, was a very different story of course, and some of their advanced carts (w/4K) could pull of some better-than-2600 games.(loved their boardgame/videogame hybrids which were favorites around my house.)

• Like 1