IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

There are a couple of TI RS-232's available of eBay right now.

#1: << HERE >> It's $90.00 before shipping.

#2: << HERE >> This guy wants $99.00 for what looks like a couple of trashed consoles and an RS-232. Since they

are being sold for parts, I would not even consider buying what looks like someone else's garbage.

There is also an 80 track modified TI controller for a 'kings ransom' << HERE >>.

I think prices on cards like this are going to tank when the DDCC-1 clone is finally released. Maybe he's trying to beat the release?

I sell the daughter boards though I recently ran out of stock. They require a ti rs232 card to operate. Those seem to be getting harder to find at a reasonable price.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I have the RS232 so no problem there. Just need the daughterboard.

• Like 1

I have the RS232 so no problem there. Just need the daughterboard.

Ok well It took me a LONG time to sell out.. I'm not sure I want to order another 50 of these.. let me do some polling to see if there's more demand than you.. if it's just you I will just order 3 .. Probably later this month..

Greg

On that cartridge board, based on the fact that it is expecting a 4K 2532, it is probably a TI EGROM board--not a molested standard cartridge board. The other side should have a second, similar socket for another EPROM--but that one would be a 4K GROM socket. I've got several proto cartridges made using the various flavors of EGROM boards. . .it is actually the primary way to determine whether a proto is a proto or a preproduction Qual unit.

• Like 1

Is << THIS GUY >> one of us? He mentions the Great Gazoo in his auction for an Extended BASIC 2.7 Suite cartridge.

When I see a guy getting rid of multiple items, I wonder if they are just 'thinning things out' or if they are 'getting out' of the TI all together.

I know one guy from Texas I would hate to see leave us. (Hoping it's not him).

Is << THIS GUY >> one of us? He mentions the Great Gazoo in his auction for an Extended BASIC 2.7 Suite cartridge.

When I see a guy getting rid of multiple items, I wonder if they are just 'thinning things out' or if they are 'getting out' of the TI all together.

I know one guy from Texas I would hate to see leave us. (Hoping it's not him).

Yes, he is. He is on AtariAge as user: 'hloberg' He lives in San Antonio. I purchased his other FlashROM 99 cart a few days ago and it arrived a couple of days ago. In great condition and packed well.

He's legit. He said the TI-99/4A drew the short straw of his retro systems and was drafted as the one that had to leave. So he is selling his TI stuff.

100% agreement. If I'm ever forced to scale back, the FR99 and the main console will still remain with me until death comes knocking... of course by then, I figure Matt would already have designed and built an SD card based storage device to plug into his 32K card.

If I am ever force to scale back any of my hobby "collection," I will lose an appendage, first. Since I can envision circumstances under which I would have to eliminate my way of living, it will be all or nothing for me. That means my Amiga, Commodore, Atari, and TI stuff will all go if any of it has to go. Of course, I would only trade it for gold as it would be the world-wide apocalypse which forces me to do so ;)

(Hallowed are the Ori...)

• Like 2

They may be worth that to someone, but I've never liked his pricing. If there was only one new PEB available on the entire planet at that price, my answer would still be....

sml_gallery_35324_1027_107446.png

... I'd wait for a used one with cards in it all ready to go, but then again, I'm thrifty by nature, some might even say cheap.

IIRC, his original price on the PEBs was about $79 each, which was an appropriate price for an empty PEB, even if it was NOS. He kept slowly increasing the price, until we have the somewhat crazy amount he wants now. I guess he figures that since his stock is running low now, he can make the prices insane because he's the only one out there with PEBs. Unfortunately, there are lots of additional PEBs on the market--for much better prices and with partial to full complements of cards. I wish him luck, but I think he's begun to totally price himself out of the market. . .

• Like 1

Yes, I think I´ve paid 79$ for my ones. One of the 219$er here was sold, as ebay tells. (Initially on this price, there were 7 pcs.)

I remember that Zach wrote about his need to clear space in his stock, years ago. Strike. :)

So this has be done now, and this 6 PEBs will remain, maybe go higher if only 3 left, and I am sure he will sell them all, one day.

Oh, what was this about the "TV show" ? Never heard before, or cannot remember.

• Like 1

Yes, I think I´ve paid 79$ for my ones. One of the 219$er here was sold, as ebay tells. (Initially on this price, there were 7 pcs.)

I remember that Zach wrote about his need to clear space in his stock, years ago. Strike. :)

So this has be done now, and this 6 PEBs will remain, maybe go higher if only 3 left, and I am sure he will sell them all, one day.

Oh, what was this about the "TV show" ? Never heard before, or cannot remember.

I recall mention that he sold a bunch of his TI stock to a TV show about the 70s and 80s Home Computer Revolution. I cannot recall what it was called and I never watched it: I have no interest in modern entertainment re-interpretations of a time through which I lived. Make it a documentary, which have traditionally been held to higher standards of research and accuracy, and I may consider.

• Like 1