IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

<< HERE >> is an auction that might be of interest....

Two P-Box's - Both styles, one with just a flex card the other with TI FDC, 32K & RS-232. (RS-232's are starting to get scarce)

It also comes with a console and a speech synthesizer and other assorted do-dads.

$300.00 OBO + Shipping (varies by location).

• Like 2

<< HERE >> is an auction that might be of interest....

Two P-Box's - Both styles, one with just a flex card the other with TI FDC, 32K & RS-232. (RS-232's are starting to get scarce)

It also comes with a console and a speech synthesizer and other assorted do-dads.

$300.00 OBO + Shipping (varies by location).

looks like he raised it to 400 OBO now. I saw it earlier and it was 300obo..

C'mon now, he's selling them for half price!!!!! :party:

BRAND NEW IN ITS ORIGINAL BOX!! here is an an amazing chance to pick these up at a bargain price. These are part of the huge find of TI gear here in iowa. Selling them for half what they usually go for due to how much space they take up in my warehouse. You get a new box and a flex cable interface as part of this auction. Questions.....Please ask. Thx, Zach

Quick note for those who post up "Best Offer" listings: you are an ass-hat if you just decline with no counter-offer. I get when someone just makes an insulting offer, fine, I have done that before, too: $225 item, your best offer is $85, yeah, screw you, you actually get auto-declined. Now, it is possible to tell when someone manually declines as your offer gets immediately rejected when auto-declined. But to wait 12 hours to be declined without a counter-offer. You are an ass and should not list for "Best Offer."

* END OF RANT *

• Like 1

I've actually bought items listed for $250 with an $80 offer. . .it really depends how far beyond the market their initial price is. When I do that, I make a case for my offer and submit--if it auto-declines, I ignore and go elsewhere. If it goes to the seller, we have an opportunity for discussion. Sometimes they'll take that low offer immediately too, especially if it has been sitting out there for a long time with no nibbles.

Then there are the ones that respond to any offer with a price reduction of a whole dollar (and this is what they do when the offered price is a reasonable reduction in the 10-30 percent range, which is normal for parts). Even more crazy are the ones that ask for triple the going rate and ban you immediately for actually asking them a question about it before trying to put in an offer. . .

I started with a much longer less polite reply but I know you are a good guy and instead will just urge you to reconsider throwing around names like that just because someone doesn't do things in a way that conforms to your way of thinking and maybe consider that doing so says more negative about you than them. This isn't my auction btw so I'm not the offender in question in this case.

Quick note for those who post up "Best Offer" listings: you are an ass-hat if you just decline with no counter-offer. I get when someone just makes an insulting offer, fine, I have done that before, too: $225 item, your best offer is $85, yeah, screw you, you actually get auto-declined. Now, it is possible to tell when someone manually declines as your offer gets immediately rejected when auto-declined. But to wait 12 hours to be declined without a counter-offer. You are an ass and should not list for "Best Offer."

* END OF RANT *

The whole point is that eBay is supposed to be a "community" thing. If someone makes an offer which is reasonable on the face or, like Jim, makes an effort to explain why the offer is reasonable and the asking price really is not going to get it sold, simply ignoring the offer is contrary to the spirit of the community.

I set auto-decline on items for two reasons: the amount is less than what I put into the item in the first place (for instance, I have traffic lights up wired with special electronics, all said I have $170 in, my auto-decline is set just above that and my asking price is enough to make a fair margin,) or I have done my due-diligence research on the price. In other instances I will make a counter-offer. We do not have to agree, of course.

All that said, the community also embodies the free market. Sellers are not beholden to a any particular behavior -- poor behavior or attitude will not bother some and other buyers will speak their mind with their money. In the case of the latter, venting may also happen elsewhere and, while I appreciate the benefit of the doubt, the seller is still an ass-hat.

Except, of course, for fraud or other illegal activities.