IGNORED

HSC10 Round 15: The Devil May Care!

therealbountybob

Devilator was pain, I really wanted to enjoy it, but the elevator moves too slowly and the people fill up too quickly, and very difficult to play using a CX40 USB under emulation...

My Devil's Domain score is listed incorrectly (mine was way lower)

Devilator was pain, I really wanted to enjoy it, but the elevator moves too slowly and the people fill up too quickly, and very difficult to play using a CX40 USB under emulation...

Had a quick bash on altirra, seems to play ok using keyboard but you can't hold fire down (ctrl in my case) and move the lift like you can on the real Atari, can still release it though and seems ok. Make sure you start the game on Level 1 - stop the lift at the bottom floor on the title screen folks ;)

I've added more ideas for games(+links+screenshots) to the poll for the next round, feel free to suggest some more and get those votes in so I can start testing a few others :)

Took a crack at a few of the other games tonight... All I can say is "yikes".

897 at Devil's Dare. I did manage to get one 5-in-a-row, but this apparently isn't a 'win'. Oh well.

post-19239-0-75690600-1379643704_thumb.jpg

375 at Daredevil! I want to like this one, but making you start all over after dying and the inability to shoot vertically kinda ruin it for me.

post-19239-0-47498800-1379643773_thumb.jpg

245 at Devil's Domain. Nice effort for TurboBASIC, but still.....

post-19239-0-15051400-1379643816_thumb.jpg

I can't get any of the Atari BASIC games to load from the .atr... I must be doing something wrong.

Took a crack at a few of the other games tonight... All I can say is "yikes".

897 at Devil's Dare. I did manage to get one 5-in-a-row, but this apparently isn't a 'win'. Oh well.

375 at Daredevil! I want to like this one, but making you start all over after dying and the inability to shoot vertically kinda ruin it for me.

245 at Devil's Domain. Nice effort for TurboBASIC, but still.....

I can't get any of the Atari BASIC games to load from the .atr... I must be doing something wrong.

yikes eh? I thought of much worse!

DareDevil is not bad at all but you have to be patient -still not beaten level 3 but improved to 6,525. This is hard enough on PAL so NTSC players may wish to try switching if playing under emulation?

Devil's Domain the real problem is the getting stuck on that water on the start of the 3rd? screen or so then you just waste all your men without being able to move. (Both these two are compiled Turbo-BASIC).

I'll out you down for a win on Devil's Dare (Easy) :thumbsup:

That's odd about the BASIC games - what system/emulator are you trying on? (remember some need to initialise after loading)... what happens?

@Gury re The Heavenly Gates "(I have no idea what the goal of this game is except avoiding faces, the score just raises and goes to zero again)" - Protect the gates from the baddies by bouncing them away - your score becomes the starting score for the next level; you must improve it to complete the next level :-o

post-19705-0-47074700-1379756013_thumb.jpg

I'll out you down for a win on Devil's Dare (Easy) :thumbsup:

Thanks for that! I don't know what happened there. I tried to get a pic of the 5-in-a-row, but it switched to the score screen too quickly.

That's odd about the BASIC games - what system/emulator are you trying on? (remember some need to initialise after loading)... what happens?

I copied the atr onto a real floppy and was booting it on my Incognito 800 in Colleen mode with BASIC enabled. Devil's Doorway and Devil's Cavern load a few sectors but then hang. Heavenly Gates works okay. Had a go at it (torture!) and got 2976 points. Level 5, I think.

post-19239-0-42831800-1379802307_thumb.jpg

Got Devil's Doorway to load from a different atr... I genuinely like this one. This is going in my collection of favorite BASIC games.

29,690 points - level 6.

post-19239-0-15718800-1379802364_thumb.jpg

Edited by adam242
  • Like 1

I copied the atr onto a real floppy and was booting it on my Incognito 800 in Colleen mode with BASIC enabled. Devil's Doorway and Devil's Cavern load a few sectors but then hang. Heavenly Gates works okay. Had a go at it (torture!) and got 2976 points. Level 5, I think.

total guess but might be the mypicodos menu's auto detection - try pressing F and toggling the disk format to DD/MyDOS it must do something??! report back for the good of the colony if you get time ;)

Tables Updated

Vote for the next round folks, and suggest some (good) games to boot :)

Moved up a little on Devil's Doorway to 35,110 - level 6. I like this one! Wish I had more time.

post-19239-0-25545500-1379867771_thumb.jpg

And I hadn't tried Devil's Caverns yet, so I gave it a go. I'm not one to leave points on the table.. ;)

Gold 151, Exp 368, Level 2. No idea what I was doing!

post-19239-0-90730800-1379867969_thumb.jpg

That's it for me this round - going out and won't be back till after the deadline. Didn't have as much play time as I would have liked. :(

Edited by adam242

Congratulations to orpheuswaking for his 4th win of the season, beating an impressive score from McKong in 2nd spot. Honourable mention to graywest for taking 3rd place in the Hollo Fame :rolling: yes, i'm on a roll :P

Well done guys :thumbsup: thanks for playing everyone.

Checkout the Final Tables

Now the bonus games, I'll still vouch for Little Devil if you are someone who likes a challenge - it's a pain to get the ones under the platforms but is very playable as the difficulty increases each round. DareDevil! from KE Soft was fun too I nearly beat stage 3, I had collected the final key but was out of time:

post-19705-0-99624300-1379886092_thumb.jpg

Devils' Doorway seemed to be fairly popular, but some of the others... we'll we'll move on to the next round shall we...

... talking of which [trbb congratulates self on seamless link] and here is the link [i'm a natural]

Round 16 FINAL POLL let's have some votes and some suggestions too. I'll prepare a disk with the games on and we'll have a serious blast ;-)