IGNORED

Game of 2013 - Super Chef BT or Super Pro Tennis?

intvdave

Sorry about the side key assignments. It feels completely natural to me. I am used to hitting all 4 keys after playing Bomb Squad hours on end. Even Tennis requires you to use the upper and lower side keys. I hope you can get used to using the lower side key or send me your cart back and I will update your game.

Now *that's* what I call customer service!! :)

Was thinking about taking you up on that, but the manual and overlays would be off then. It's situations like this where it would have been nice if some of the numeric keys were tied to the side buttons. Oh well. Will either get used to it or more than likely, just not play it as much. :(

Now *that's* what I call customer service!! :)

Was thinking about taking you up on that, but the manual and overlays would be off then. It's situations like this where it would have been nice if some of the numeric keys were tied to the side buttons. Oh well. Will either get used to it or more than likely, just not play it as much. :(

The reason I made the offer was so that you would play the game. Try to remember what it was like playing the games when we were kids. We just played them and found them fun. We may have bitched that we did not like the controller layout (and maybe this is one reason they got such a bad rap) but we still played the games and had fun. I challenge you to return to those days.

• Like 2

Are there roms of either of them? I can;t seem to keep an Inty working (though I am no longer on dirty solar power so the next one I get MIGHT not break!)

I hope not. These games were meant to be played on the console. Tennis, being my favorite, uses all the directions of the disc. Unless you have the Ultimate controller (intentional plug), you will not be able to emulate the original feel of the games.

The reason I made the offer was so that you would play the game. Try to remember what it was like playing the games when we were kids. We just played them and found them fun. We may have bitched that we did not like the controller layout (and maybe this is one reason they got such a bad rap) but we still played the games and had fun. I challenge you to return to those days.

Challenge accepted! :)

• Like 1

I hope not. These games were meant to be played on the console. Tennis, being my favorite, uses all the directions of the disc. Unless you have the Ultimate controller (intentional plug), you will not be able to emulate the original feel of the games.

Wait, what IS the ultimate controller????

Hi David,

Love the new games... we actually got the intellivision for the sports games! My first games.... Poker and Blackjack of course, NFL, Auto Racing and Space Battle.

We had these 3 games for months ( I didn't play poker for years! ). Then got MLB and Astrosmash followed by Tennis, Soccer, NBA, Horse Racing, Skiing,Space Amada.

Also my mothers friend let us use Utopia until I got it for my birthday.

No new games until after the crash... Then got about 30 new games for 99 cents each at kaybee toys.

Oh to be 12 again... These releases help bring me back! Wow, life was grand. Wish I knew it then. Not that it is bad now, but, a hard day was figuring out if we would play baseball, basketball

or just stay inside... then figuring out if it would be intellivision at my house or 2600 at anyone elses house. Yeah, everyone else had the vcs, but then I could always dog them about home run and football..lol

How about SP Auto Racing?

New courses, maybe build and save custom courses? ( save would be difficult I know. But could be done. )

New cars, maybe mud,ice or snow tracks or even combo courses.

With cars/tires that handle differently for the different conditions. The All Weather tires are best for combo courses etc.

I actually like the "wait" feature of motocross. But you can't bump the other rider... Auto Racing let you bump etc. But always restarting when someone was "ahead" slowed the play too much.

SP NFL would be cool too.

I know it seems we have that already, but I find SP Football too easy to get first downs.

Because the passes are lofted.

In NFL, you could play more of a line backer position to get between the receiver and QB to cover the pass and help stop the run.

In SP Football, you are more of a corner or safety and really have to commit to covering the receiver so the run game is to easy.

If the computer is in coverage, it is easy to pass.

I think intvdave was talking about this:

http://www.intellivision.us/intvgames/interface/interface.php

Just got a second one myself. Works great, even in 64-bit Windows 8.

I have to modify this remark:

My 2012 version works perfectly so far in Win8-64. The 2013 model that just arrived today, I'm trying to get some help with. Windows sees it as 2 HID game controllers, but I'm getting no response in jzIntv at all. Using the same hackfile, have only one attached to the system, and set the switches [uP|DN] to "Intellivision" mode.

Anyone else here tried this in Windows 8 64-bit with the 2013 model?

I have to modify this remark:

My 2012 version works perfectly so far in Win8-64. The 2013 model that just arrived today, I'm trying to get some help with. Windows sees it as 2 HID game controllers, but I'm getting no response in jzIntv at all. Using the same hackfile, have only one attached to the system, and set the switches [uP|DN] to "Intellivision" mode.

Anyone else here tried this in Windows 8 64-bit with the 2013 model?

Another follow-up here before this old man hits the hay for the night...

The 2013 edition I just received seems to work fine in Windows xp. I haven't tested in Windows 7. Appreciate experiences from any others out there.

Another follow-up here before this old man hits the hay for the night...

The 2013 edition I just received seems to work fine in Windows xp. I haven't tested in Windows 7. Appreciate experiences from any others out there.

You could have just emailed me directly :)

The issue may be that Win8 is swapping the controllers. I noticed in Win7, using the 4.1 test rom, the controller hooked up to the B wire was the left controller. In Win 8, it is the right controller.

You can test the interface by using the JOY.CPL app. This will tell you if the issue is the interface or the emulator configuration. Since you said it is working in XP, then I have to say it is in the emulator configuration.

Edited by intvdave

You could have just emailed me directly :)

The issue may be that Win8 is swapping the controllers. I noticed in Win7, using the 4.1 test rom, the controller hooked up to the B wire was the left controller. In Win 8, it is the right controller.

You can test the interface by using the JOY.CPL app. This will tell you if the issue is the interface or the emulator configuration. Since you said it is working in XP, then I have to say it is in the emulator configuration.

Thanks for the further info. I contacted Tom and we've got an action plan for this evening. I was testing using controller_test.rom and got no response on either connection in jzIntv in Win8, but perfect behavior in Winxp with identical config files. I'll look into further tests tonight, including the game controller control panel test app.

I guess another difference was that the Win8 machine was using USB3 while the xp machine was using USB2, but I'd be surprised if that had anything to do w/ it.

Thanks for the further info. I contacted Tom and we've got an action plan for this evening. I was testing using controller_test.rom and got no response on either connection in jzIntv in Win8, but perfect behavior in Winxp with identical config files. I'll look into further tests tonight, including the game controller control panel test app.

I guess another difference was that the Win8 machine was using USB3 while the xp machine was using USB2, but I'd be surprised if that had anything to do w/ it.

I just tested again in Win8-64 using a USB 2 & 3 port and also Win7-64 USB2. I am convinced the issue is not the interface. I am curious to see what ends up being the issue.

Tennis with 8 directions? Sorry, I could never play that way. I love the original controller. I think I am one of few. :(

I just tested again in Win8-64 using a USB 2 & 3 port and also Win7-64 USB2. I am convinced the issue is not the interface. I am curious to see what ends up being the issue.

Tennis with 8 directions? Sorry, I could never play that way. I love the original controller. I think I am one of few. :(

How can you be a true fan of the Intellivision and NOT love the controller. It is truly part of what made the system unique.

Besides, when you lose you can always blame the stupid controller! :P