IGNORED

Game of 2013 - Super Chef BT or Super Pro Tennis?

intvdave

I just tested again in Win8-64 using a USB 2 & 3 port and also Win7-64 USB2. I am convinced the issue is not the interface. I am curious to see what ends up being the issue.

Just did a more careful bit of testing and confirmed that the Ultimate Interface works just fine in Win8-64-bit. I think that my setup is a bit abnormal, and I had the older INTV-dapter version already hooked up when I put the Ultimate in, then removed the 'dapter. A quick config of the Ultimate2 for use with 'older programs' in the controller control panel and all is right as rain. :D

Thanks for the help, intvdave!

It was a hard battle, but TED lost his nerves in the important moments. I lost my serve at 5:5, so TED leaded 6:5 and served for win. Perfect moment for my first break ever in this game! That was the neckbreaker for TED, because he lost the tiebreak 0:7 :D

Very nice!!! I am getting excited. There may be a challenger for me out there!! Keep it up. On to the Pro level :)

Man, I need to get on this. I love tennis games, and I'm the only person I know who's ever beaten Championship Tennis on the highest difficulty. Hell, I'm the only person I know who's played Championship Tennis for more than 10 minutes. :D My Intellivision I has been acting up, so I need to either open it up or bust out the II...

• Like 1

Man, I need to get on this. I love tennis games, and I'm the only person I know who's ever beaten Championship Tennis on the highest difficulty. Hell, I'm the only person I know who's played Championship Tennis for more than 10 minutes. :D My Intellivision I has been acting up, so I need to either open it up or bust out the II...

You may be right :)

I could not get used to having to position the man before swinging. Watching the game in demo mode made me think that playing the game is impossible at best. I really did try to get into it. No need now with Super Pro Tennis :)

It was a hard battle, but TED lost his nerves in the important moments. I lost my serve at 5:5, so TED leaded 6:5 and served for win. Perfect moment for my first break ever in this game! That was the neckbreaker for TED, because he lost the tiebreak 0:7 :D

Congrats to your gameplay!

My first try against TED was a disastrous 1:6 loss at the Advanced Level - have to increase my skill drastically.

Need a lot of training lessons...

I pick the gauntlet up. Super Level, 5 Set Match, here are my results ;)

Very nice. I have found some competition! I will visit you one day :)

Did you find the game to be to easy? Is using a PAL console slowing the game down much? I will test this tonight. I did not even think about this before.

Edited by intvdave

Yes! I got mine yesterday!! The artwork is very nice, and looks like a high-quality item. Thanks, David.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to play any time soon. My Intellivision collection is still packed up from the move, and I'm afraid that if I start taking my stuff out, my wife is going to think I'm getting too comfortable in our current apartment.

We're supposed to be here "temporarily" while we buy a new house, and keeping things packed up is sort of like the ever-present tacit reminder that this is not home.

dZ.

Yes! I got mine yesterday!! The artwork is very nice, and looks like a high-quality item. Thanks, David.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to play any time soon. My Intellivision collection is still packed up from the move, and I'm afraid that if I start taking my stuff out, my wife is going to think I'm getting too comfortable in our current apartment.

We're supposed to be here "temporarily" while we buy a new house, and keeping things packed up is sort of like the ever-present tacit reminder that this is not home.

dZ.

Dz, just tell your wife if you cant play intv, then she cant have YOU!

make a stand for us guys!

• Like 1

Dz, just tell your wife if you cant play intv, then she cant have YOU!

make a stand for us guys!

Right! That there is some dangerous advice! I think there is a rather scarily great chance for it to backfire.

I don't think I want to take the risk...

However, she already saw the games, and knows I am expecting more, so I think I'm off the hook--for now.

It means, I'll be unpacking my Master Component this weekend, and playing some sweet IntelligentVision games, yay!

(Then, I'll have to start making plans for next month's Play Your Vectrex Day.) :lol:

dZ.

• Like 1

I unpacked and hooked up my Intellivision today, and played both Super Pro Tennis and Super Chef BT (are we allowed to call it Burgertime?). Both games are awesome! :)

I particularly liked Super Pro Tennis (that T.E.D. is a bastard! I lost even on the Beginner level. I am getting better, though). Tennis was one of my favorite games as a kid, but it was a rare occasion when I got to convince my sisters to play with me. Having a single-player mode is very nice. It is a very enjoyable game.

Of course, Super Chef BT is awesome as well. I like the new levels, though some of them feel a bit easier. In any case, I don't know what's a good score, but I'll post my anyway. Considering that I typically suck at these, I would imagine I didn't do as well as some of you.

The packages are also very good, and the manuals read like a very polished concept.

Thank you, David, for bringing these games to market. :)

-dZ.

In "Fast" speed (I chickened out of Super Pro mode)

post-27318-0-56753600-1381093362_thumb.jpg

Thank you, David, for bringing these games to market. :)

Thank my wife for bringing them to market :)

It is nice to know that you enjoyed the games. I hope you get to keep your console out a bit longer so you can play more Tennis. I need to play a round of BT (not Burgertime) to see what score I get. I agree, some screens are easy on the first level. They play very differently on the second level. The intention was for people to enjoy the game, not get frustrated as some have with the 7th screen of Burgertime. Is anyone finding the game to be to easy?

Thank my wife for bringing them to market :)

It is nice to know that you enjoyed the games. I hope you get to keep your console out a bit longer so you can play more Tennis. I need to play a round of BT (not Burgertime) to see what score I get. I agree, some screens are easy on the first level. They play very differently on the second level. The intention was for people to enjoy the game, not get frustrated as some have with the 7th screen of Burgertime. Is anyone finding the game to be to easy?

Well, both are terrific. I will certainly be playing Tennis more (I played like 5 matches, and by the last one I was able to get 4 games to 6, which was a great improvement from my earlier zeros!)

I definitely don't think the game is too easy, and the fact that the screens are chosen randomly keeps it interesting. :)

Thank you again, and thank Mrs. intvdave for me, please. :)