IGNORED

Incognito run #3 interest thread

dragos

Nice! looks like we're good to go. Just waiting for Sebastian to wake up. Maybe his baby will wake him up early ;)

I'd like to add, if anyone else wants in, please subtract their qty from mine. 10 is o.k., but less is better (I'd like to end up with 3 for my own use.)

Edited by Joe Stella

Not to hijack your thread Dragos, but I went ahead and put together an updated interest count tally.

Yes:

====

Dragos 2

TheEditor 1 (maybe 2)

Dragon375 2

MrMartian 2

Stormbringer 1

Foster 1

Archon800 1

corkentellis 1

Joe Stella 10 (ideally 3)

Britishcar 1

Mechanicjay 1

Panther 6 (ideally 2)

BigFOX 1

vazquezrick 1

Chris Strong 3

Ransom 1

Grizaptimus 1 (maybe 2 if $)

redman 1

eeun 1

Jason1024 1

Thoughtcatcher 1

TOTAL 40

Maybe:

======

Subby 1 (if he has the $)

Android8675 1 (if there is a run)

ApolloBoy 1 (if he has the $)

orpheuswalking 1 (if it comes in purple)

I went through the thread, recounting and adjusting the numbers. The total I put down is solid commitments, with possible increases and decreases, as well as a "maybe" section. I don't know if the maybes have the $, and I couldn't tell if Android8675 and orpheuswalking wanted one or not. So depending on the maybes, the number might adjust. Panther and I have both expressed interest in reducing our numbers as possible. The minimum total here is 40. More are of course welcome.

What do you think Sabastian? What's next?

Edited by Joe Stella

uhm

i though i've posted this, but guess not

most probably got disturbed by my little one while doing so

anyways, here is the list for current preorder, if anyone from maybes group would like to get one of these boards, please contact Joe Stella or Panther as they are buying more than they really need just to help this to happend at all

Seriously, is there a no list? It's good to know that Android8675 wants to be on the 'no list', now we know he is not interested in the device. lol

I think he just meant to be taken off the "maybe" list...

Edited comment - Thanks Panther! My apologies to Android8675 for assuming his response as negative. Received post via my phone and responded without further knowledge. Shall not go down that road again!

Yeah, I wouldn't of posted to be taken off a list that I wasn't on in the first place. I was originally going to buy another Incognito (I got one of the first sets) because I saw you guys having trouble getting the necessary 40 minimum. Glad someone stepped up and got 10, and since I probably would of just resold my board for a profit I removed myself. Thank god I get email notifications when people respond to my posts so I can seethe in anger for a few moments.

Kinda breaks up the monotony of my day.

Apology, grudgingly accepted.

Yeah, I wouldn't of posted to be taken off a list that I wasn't on in the first place. I was originally going to buy another Incognito (I got one of the first sets) because I saw you guys having trouble getting the necessary 40 minimum. Glad someone stepped up and got 10, and since I probably would of just resold my board for a profit I removed myself. Thank god I get email notifications when people respond to my posts so I can seethe in anger for a few moments.

Kinda breaks up the monotony of my day.

Apology, grudgingly accepted.

Thanks for the recap of my postings, so very kind of you to re-post. Do not accept anything grudgingly, its not being pushed on you. As to anger, no anger at all, just dismayed, then a correction made by me, that is what a man does when he is wrong. You find it necessary to drag it through the streets, well if that is your thing then have fun. :ponder:

The current regulators are standard linear regulators... They bleed off the voltage as heat.. A switcher turns the power on and off to regulate..

So, the long and the short is, less heat. Longer life for the whole thing, since it's not doing heat-cool cycles all the time..

Hmm... I'm guessing that it might be time for me to start looking at doing that switching power supply design for the 800 that I've always thought of..

All that's really needed is to replace the 7805 with something like the Murata OKI-78SR-5/1.5-W36-C, which is rated for 1.5A. On an Incognito upgraded machine there shouldn't be any reason to replace the 7812/7905 since AFAIK the 4116 RAM chips on the 16K boards were the only 800 components requiring +12V/-5V, which is the reason they aren't required for the XL/XE machines.