IGNORED

Incognito run #3 interest thread

dragos

Heh, cool! I hadn't seen those before.. I don't know if the 1.5A max would really suffice though.. My usual design is good for 3A with silimar effieciency..

And, you wouldn't want to leave in the 7812/7905 as having then unloaded would actually generate a bit more heat, as they would have to dissipating more excess current because the devices aren't there to pull some of it.. :) That being said, if there is no reason for the +12 or -5 any more, just get rid of the circuit completely.. I'm pretty sure the -5 wouldn't be miseed, but the 12v at least is on the SIO connector..

Heh, cool! I hadn't seen those before.. I don't know if the 1.5A max would really suffice though.. My usual design is good for 3A with silimar effieciency..

And, you wouldn't want to leave in the 7812/7905 as having then unloaded would actually generate a bit more heat, as they would have to dissipating more excess current because the devices aren't there to pull some of it.. :) That being said, if there is no reason for the +12 or -5 any more, just get rid of the circuit completely.. I'm pretty sure the -5 wouldn't be miseed, but the 12v at least is on the SIO connector..

Replacing the OS/RAM boards with an Incognito should reduce power consumption by quite a bit. 1.5A may be sufficient, it is for the 600XL/800XL/XE computers. Most other 7805 drop-in replacements I've found are double/triple the price for only 1A.

I was under the impression that linear regulators only had to dissipate the heat of the voltage drop(input-output) X current, if there's no current shouldn't there be little/no heat to dissipate?

I looked at the schematic of the 800 PS board and there doesn't appear to be a 7905, it looks like they just used an 5.1V Zener diode(CR201) instead. It also looks like the -5V circuit is used for the power LEDs(CR210/CR211).

There were few peripherals that used +12V from SIO since this was only available on the 400/800.

It also appears that the 7805 doesn't supply all the +5V current, R203 is a 33ohm 2watt resistor bridging the 7805 input/output. This should be eliminated if replacing the 7805 with a switching regulator of sufficient capacity.

At current exchange rates it's 89USD or 270pln (price in PLN is constant between the batches, economy changes)

Anyone takinng more than they really need - i would like to keep this batch low, and i understand you might be willing to stock up as there are little chances there will be yet another run

I just hope you keep up your words when there will be a time for a payment

I should send everyone a PM with details on how to pay and with some timelines by this time tomorrow

in general, i would expect it to take 2-3 months minus the time needed for fundrising (i'm able make some purchasments of required parts when i'll be almost certain i will have the money to cover all related expences)

Sebastian

Got the PM. I had asked for 3, than changed it to 5.

How many do you have reserved for me, so I can send proper payment?

I'd actually be interested in a couple more, if people bail out and/or purchased more than thay need.

Thanks!

Candle has you down for 3 on the preorder list, there were extras ordered by Joe Stella(7) and Panther(3) to meet the 40 required for a minimum order.

At this rate all the extras will probably be spoken for before they are even ready for shipping.

• 2 weeks later...