IGNORED

Season 7 Round 4 - TOMARC The Barbarian

post-34560-0-40463200-1381878702_thumb.jpg

crazy scores y'all!

I got stuck. I could sit in the cage with the girl killing red spiders indefinitely, but that would never work - I could play all week and still get only 20K or something. meanwhile my guy is stuck in the web & I can't go anywhere. don't know what to do. perhaps I am missing a button? my controls seem messed up. I have a controller which only works for directionals, but I have to use space bar on the keyboard to jump/shoot.

attachicon.gifTomarc The Barbarian (CV) 8390.JPG

crazy scores y'all!

I got stuck. I could sit in the cage with the girl killing red spiders indefinitely, but that would never work - I could play all week and still get only 20K or something. meanwhile my guy is stuck in the web & I can't go anywhere. don't know what to do. perhaps I am missing a button? my controls seem messed up. I have a controller which only works for directionals, but I have to use space bar on the keyboard to jump/shoot.

There are parts of the web that are vertical and you have to be able to move straight up. If your controller can't do that then that is why you are stuck. Alternatively, the positions to actually move from one strand of the web to another are quite weird and often NOT where you expect them to be. Move down the strand a little and try again, if not then move up the strand a little and try again. With practice you get to know where the transition points are.

Personally I think this game sucks. Although the rats get faster in the tunnel level, the spider levels do NOT increase in difficulty and the spiders ALWAYS move in the same patterns at the same speed. So, once you figure out a safe way through the spiders you can use the same pattern again and again. I never lose a life in the spider's web.

My new score: 131030 :D, for some reason the spiders always reach Senta passing through in the intervals between my fireballs :mad:

BTW, for lazy players I've found a very slow way of increasing your score (1000 points each minute,) in the first screen (just after power-on) jump through the not-so-high hole in the left, and then immediately jump to right through same hole.

Repeat this while you're saving Senta from bats. Theoretically you could reach 240000 points in four hours :P if your hands doesn't broke and you survive the eternal boreness :lol:

post-30245-0-19133000-1381944355_thumb.jpg

BTW, for lazy players I've found a very slow way of increasing your score (1000 points each minute,) in the first screen (just after power-on) jump through the not-so-high hole in the left, and then immediately jump to right through same hole.

Repeat this while you're saving Senta from bats. Theoretically you could reach 240000 points in four hours :P if your hands doesn't broke and you survive the eternal boreness :lol:

But then this would be against the HSC rules........

But then this would be against the HSC rules........

Yep, because of that I don't have a higher score :(. I've read the rules ;)

BTW, I've discovered a bug that leaves Tomarc in limbo, if Tomarc goes along the line of web (top one) that touches the left second leg of big spider, he can go in diagonal through the screen upto the bottom right of screen, but you stay in the line and cannot return to web...

Edited by nanochess

BTW, I've discovered a bug that leaves Tomarc in limbo, if Tomarc goes along the line of web (top one) that touches the left second leg of big spider, he can go in diagonal through the screen upto the bottom right of screen, but you stay in the line and cannot return to web...

This game gets better and better (he says shaking his head in dismay).