IGNORED

Breaking news: Intellivision flashback coming to retail

Rev

Went to main Toys'r us shop over here the other day. As I feared, they didn't know a thing about these, they won't stock them and I can't preorder through them either. Useless. :(

Online is the only way.

Edited by roberto

Can it be modded with a cartt slot like Atari Flashback 2 or no?

Nobody can say (well if anyone perhaps BILL) until hardware is in hand but all evidence pointing to everything made AFTER the flashback and how they implement emulation would suggest NO. But again you are talking a unit with new compatible controllers, tons of built in games and overlays for like what? $39.99 or so? Don't expect so much.

Went to main Toys'r us shop over here the other day. As I feared, they didn't know a thing about these, they won't stock them and I can't preorder through them either. Useless. :(

Online is the only way.

Well, it IS still June, im sure as it gets closer they may know more, just a guess......Do you expect a TRU employee making 7 bucks an hour to know what Intellivision is?!1 hahaha

• Like 1

Well, it IS still June, im sure as it gets closer they may know more, just a guess......Do you expect a TRU employee making 7 bucks an hour to know what Intellivision is?!1 hahaha

LOL, actually I went straight to the manager with a print of the preorder webpage to show what I was talking about, but it didn't make much of a difference anyway ;)

If the bonus game is MLB, it sold over a million copies, this is a big deal.

Also, I find All star baseball is very easy to beat. It is way to easy to steal bases etc.

I certainly would want the original sports games and super pro for one player versions.

I am not a Slam Dunk fan, I liked the keypad for shooting much better than the action buttons.

SP football, I like the receiver patterns being programmable, but again, the offense is to easy.

In NFL, you could take angles between the QB and receiver and take away the pass while limiting the run etc.

SP, loop a pass over the defender for big yardage.

Yes, these are the same for each players offense, but the classic versions are what I grew up playing,

My brother and I fighting over scoring a run on the 3rd out etc. That is what nostalgia IS.

Of course, without the ability to play remotely against each other, we NEED the 1 player versions!!!

I guess more than a cart slot, I would like the ability to play games against other remote players.

That would make the HSC a lot more fun! I was pretty good at all of the sports games...less NHL.

As a person that played Hockey, I hated NHL, it was so slow, changing directions was horrible.

I think the Cali programmers thought the players slid on the ice when changing direction. It is painful.

Back to the subject... Looking forward to this product! I have 2 on pre-order and plan to buy at least one DG version.

If the controllers are good, I don't know how many I would eventually buy?

Nobody can say (well if anyone perhaps BILL) until hardware is in hand but all evidence pointing to everything made AFTER the flashback and how they implement emulation would suggest NO. But again you are talking a unit with new compatible controllers, tons of built in games and overlays for like what? $39.99 or so? Don't expect so much.

Yeah, never say never, but since none of these Flashback products have been modded for either a cartridge or SD card slot to date, it's unlikely that any of these new ones will either given their similar design. They're custom chips with a custom emulation layer. I'm anything but a technical expert, but I suspect that not only is there nothing on the board to tap into for the electrical connections for the slot, but there's also nothing in the emulation layer to address games not on its built-in list. I imagine it would then be a two step process of doing quite a bit of hardware hacking and then somehow breaking into the emulation layer and modding that. None of that sounds particularly practical, and again, based on it never having been done on the Flashback 3 or 4, makes it seem just as unlikely on these. The only two such products where this ever worked was the Atari Flashback 2/2+ and Commodore DTV, each of which were purposely designed by their creators for modding and each of which had very different designs from what we've otherwise gotten.

• Like 1

Of course, without the ability to play remotely against each other, we NEED the 1 player versions!!!

Having only played the sports games casually back in the day (I only had one friend with an Intellivision and didn't start to build my own collection until the early 90s), I always assumed that the updated sports games were more or less the same, albeit with a few additional features and a critical addition of a one player mode. Is that not the case, i.e., is there a reason to play the original two player versions versus playing the two player mode instead on the updates?

Baseball for example, was 'improved' in the 1 player version, but the original is the one that we keep going back to when playing with friends, because it is the one we remember and everyone knows how to play it.

'Big League Baseball' has some improvements, but plays slightly different and of course crashes from time to time.

So, I think that there is probably an audience for the original Soccer, (American) Football, Baseball, Tennis etc over the enhanced INTV versions.

"So, I think that there is probably an audience for the original Soccer, (American) Football, Baseball, Tennis etc over the enhanced INTV versions."

Absolutely!

Tennis is night and day.. The original is so much better! This is a case where Super Pro Tennis home brew would fit nicely.

Along with some other nice home brews.... PS gamesforyourintellivision.com is not working for me?

Speaking only for myself, you could leave all of the one or two player sports games off of this thing and I would be fine, as long as there were third-party and licensed arcade ports on here instead.

Do I envy those of you who would have a friend with whom to play these games? Maybe a little tiny bit, but as Intellivision was pretty much a solo thing for me 30 years ago, it would be today as well.

I bought mine around the time of the crash for $40 at a Hi-Lo market (think CVS or Walgreens). It's kind of funny to me that the Flashback unit is exactly the same price, only many years later. With games included.

Speaking only for myself, you could leave all of the one or two player sports games off of this thing and I would be fine, as long as there were third-party and licensed arcade ports on here instead.

Do I envy those of you who would have a friend with whom to play these games? Maybe a little tiny bit, but as Intellivision was pretty much a solo thing for me 30 years ago, it would be today as well.

I bought mine around the time of the crash for $40 at a Hi-Lo market (think CVS or Walgreens). It's kind of funny to me that the Flashback unit is exactly the same price, only many years later. With games included.

You're out of luck on most of that. Bill already confirmed there are NO third party games on the Intelivision Flashblack (unlike the Coleco one). Just Mattell and INTV games.

Yes, I know, I've been following the whole thread since the start. My point is simply that for ME, I don't care much either way about the sports titles, and if there were a bonus sports game on the dollar store version of the hardware, it wouldn't be enough to make me care one way or the other. If it were Donkey Kong or something, I'd feel differently. Again, just my opinion, and everyone has their own opinion.

What the list of games may look like:

1-ABPA® Backgammon Kevin Miller (APh) Mattel Electronics 1979 Also released as "Backgammon"
2-ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS® Cartridge Tom Loughry (APh) Mattel Electronics 1982 Also identified in some later Mattel Electronics catalogs as "ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS® Cloudy Mountain Cartridge"; re-released by Intellivision Productions, Inc. as "Adventure" and as "Crown of Kings" for legal reasons
3-ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS® Treasure Of Tarmin® Cartridge Tom Loughry (APh) Mattel Electronics 1983 Re-released by Intellivision Productions, Inc. as "Minotaur" for legal reasons
4-Armor Battle Chris Kingsley (APh) Mattel Electronics 1979 One of the original four games released in test markets in 1979
5-Astrosmash John Sohl (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1981
6-Auto Racing Larry Zwick (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980
7-B-17 Bomber John Sohl, Bill Fisher & Stephen Roney (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1982 Requires Intellivoice module
8-Body Slam: Super Pro Wrestling Steve Ettinger (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1988
9-Bomb Squad Gene Smith (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1982 Requires the Intellivoice module
10-Boxing Tom Loughry (APh) Mattel Electronics 1981
11-Buzz Bombers Mike Breen (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1983
12-Championship Tennis Patrick Aubry & John Fiddes (Mattel Electronics France/Nice Ideas) Dextell Ltd. 1985
13-Checkers David Rolfe (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980 Released in the United Kingdom as "Draughts"
14-Chip Shot: Super Pro Golf Steve Ettinger (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1987
Commando® John Tomlinson (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1987
Dig Dug® Mark Kennedy (Atari) INTV Corporation 1987
Diner Ray Kaestner (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1987 Sequel to BurgerTime
The Electric Company® Math Fun Kimo Yap (APh) Mattel Electronics 1979
The Electric Company® Word Fun Kevin Miller (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980
15-Frog Bog Tom Soulanille (APh) Mattel Electronics 1982
16-Horse Racing Chris Hawley (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980
17-Hover Force Steve Ettinger (Mattel/Realtime) INTV Corporation 1986
Kool-Aid Man® Mark Kennedy (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1983
18-Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack David Rolfe (APh) Mattel Electronics 1979 Included with the Master Component 1980-1982, making it the most common Intellivision game (over 2 million copies)
19-Las Vegas Roulette John Brooks (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980
20-Learning Fun I Mark Urbaniec (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1987
21-Learning Fun II Dave Warhol (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1987
Lock 'N' Chase® Mike Winans (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1982 Based on the Data East arcade game
Loco-Motion® Daniel Bass (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1983 Based on the Konomi arcade game
22-Major League® Baseball David Rolfe (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980 Although not the first released, the first game programmed for the Intellivision console; also released as "Baseball" and "Big League Baseball"
Masters of the Universe®: The Power of He-Man® Ray Kaestner & Rick Koenig (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1983
Mission X® John Tomlinson (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1983 Based on the Data East arcade game
23-Motocross Rick Koenig (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1983
24-Mountain Madness: Super Pro Skiing Ray Kaestner (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1988
25-NASL® Soccer Kevin Miller (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980 Also released as "Soccer"
26-NBA® Basketball Ken Smith (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980 Also released as "Basketball"
27-NFL® Football Ken Smith & Kevin Miller (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980 Also released as "Football"
28-NHL® Hockey Ken Smith (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980 Also released as "Hockey"
29-Night Stalker Steve Montero (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1982
30-PBA® Bowling Rick Levine & Mike Minkoff (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1981 Also released as "Bowling"
31-PGA® Golf Scott Bishop (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980 Also released as "Golf"
Pac-Man® Mike Winans (Atari) Atarisoft 1983 Re-released by INTV Corp. without the Atari title screen
32-Pinball Minhchau Tran & Bob Newstadt (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1983
Pole Position® Mark Urbaniec (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1988
33-Reversi Greg Favor (APh) Mattel 1982
34-Royal Dealer Rich O'Keefe (APh) Mattel Electronics 1982
35-Sea Battle Ken Smith (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980
36-Shark! Shark! Ji Wen Tsao (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1982
37-Sharp Shot Frank Evans (APh) Mattel Electronics 1982
38-Slam Dunk: Super Pro Basketball Steve Ettinger (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1987
39-Slap Shot: Super Pro Hockey Ray Kaestner (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1987
40-Snafu Mike Minkoff (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1981
41-Space Armada John Brooks & Chris Hawley (APh) Mattel Electronics 1981
42-Space Battle Hal Finney (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980
43-Space Hawk Bill Fisher (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1982
44-Space Spartans Bill Fisher & Stephen Roney (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1982 Requires the Intellivoice module
45-Spiker! Super Pro Volleyball Steve Ettinger (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1989
46-Stadium Mud Buggies Rick Koenig (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1989
47-Star Strike Hal Finney & Brett Stutz (APh) Mattel Electronics 1982
48-Sub Hunt Tom Loughry (APh) Mattel Electronics 1982
49-Super Pro Decathlon Scott Robitelle (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1988
50-Super Pro Football John Tomlinson & Dave Warhol (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1986
51-Tennis Gavin Claypool (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980
52-Thin Ice Julie Hoshizaki (Mattel) INTV Corporation 1986
53-Thunder Castle David Warhol (Mattel) INTV Corporation 1986
54-Tower of Doom Daniel Bass (Mattel), John Tomlinson (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1987
55-Triple Action Rich O'Keefe (APh) Mattel Electronics 1981
56-Triple Challenge David Warhol (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1987
TRON® Deadly Disks Steve Sents (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1982
TRON® Maze-A-Tron Russ Haft (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1982
TRON® Solar Sailer Keith Robinson (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1983 Requires the Intellivoice module
57-U.S. Ski Team® Skiing Scott Reynolds (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980 Also released as "Skiing"
58-USCF® Chess unknown (Teletape Inc.), Russ Ludwick (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1983 Also released as "Chess"
59-Utopia Don Daglow (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1981
60-Vectron Mark Urbaniec (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1983
61-World Championship Baseball Dan Dickerson (APh) INTV Corporation 1986
62-World Cup Soccer Mark Grant & Armand Barraud (Mattel Electronics France/Nice Ideas) Dextell Ltd. 1985

"If it were Donkey Kong or something, I'd feel differently. Again, just my opinion, and everyone has their own opinion."

I agree, everyone has their own opinion..... Unless you are talking about Coleco's Donkey Kong, then... you have forfeited your rights to any opinions here.... Just Kidding :)

What the list of games may look like:

1-ABPA® Backgammon Kevin Miller (APh) Mattel Electronics 1979 Also released as "Backgammon"

2-ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS® Cartridge Tom Loughry (APh) Mattel Electronics 1982 Also identified in some later Mattel Electronics catalogs as "ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS® Cloudy Mountain Cartridge"; re-released by Intellivision Productions, Inc. as "Adventure" and as "Crown of Kings" for legal reasons

3-ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS® Treasure Of Tarmin® Cartridge Tom Loughry (APh) Mattel Electronics 1983 Re-released by Intellivision Productions, Inc. as "Minotaur" for legal reasons

4-Armor Battle Chris Kingsley (APh) Mattel Electronics 1979 One of the original four games released in test markets in 1979

5-Astrosmash John Sohl (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1981

6-Auto Racing Larry Zwick (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980

7-B-17 Bomber John Sohl, Bill Fisher & Stephen Roney (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1982 Requires Intellivoice module

8-Body Slam: Super Pro Wrestling Steve Ettinger (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1988

9-Bomb Squad Gene Smith (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1982 Requires the Intellivoice module

10-Boxing Tom Loughry (APh) Mattel Electronics 1981

11-Buzz Bombers Mike Breen (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1983

12-Championship Tennis Patrick Aubry & John Fiddes (Mattel Electronics France/Nice Ideas) Dextell Ltd. 1985

13-Checkers David Rolfe (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980 Released in the United Kingdom as "Draughts"

14-Chip Shot: Super Pro Golf Steve Ettinger (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1987

Commando® John Tomlinson (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1987

Dig Dug® Mark Kennedy (Atari) INTV Corporation 1987

Diner Ray Kaestner (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1987 Sequel to BurgerTime

The Electric Company® Math Fun Kimo Yap (APh) Mattel Electronics 1979

The Electric Company® Word Fun Kevin Miller (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980

15-Frog Bog Tom Soulanille (APh) Mattel Electronics 1982

16-Horse Racing Chris Hawley (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980

17-Hover Force Steve Ettinger (Mattel/Realtime) INTV Corporation 1986

Kool-Aid Man® Mark Kennedy (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1983

18-Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack David Rolfe (APh) Mattel Electronics 1979 Included with the Master Component 1980-1982, making it the most common Intellivision game (over 2 million copies)

19-Las Vegas Roulette John Brooks (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980

20-Learning Fun I Mark Urbaniec (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1987

21-Learning Fun II Dave Warhol (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1987

Lock 'N' Chase® Mike Winans (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1982 Based on the Data East arcade game

Loco-Motion® Daniel Bass (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1983 Based on the Konomi arcade game

22-Major League® Baseball David Rolfe (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980 Although not the first released, the first game programmed for the Intellivision console; also released as "Baseball" and "Big League Baseball"

Masters of the Universe®: The Power of He-Man® Ray Kaestner & Rick Koenig (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1983

Mission X® John Tomlinson (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1983 Based on the Data East arcade game

23-Motocross Rick Koenig (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1983

24-Mountain Madness: Super Pro Skiing Ray Kaestner (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1988

25-NASL® Soccer Kevin Miller (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980 Also released as "Soccer"

26-NBA® Basketball Ken Smith (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980 Also released as "Basketball"

27-NFL® Football Ken Smith & Kevin Miller (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980 Also released as "Football"

28-NHL® Hockey Ken Smith (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980 Also released as "Hockey"

29-Night Stalker Steve Montero (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1982

30-PBA® Bowling Rick Levine & Mike Minkoff (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1981 Also released as "Bowling"

31-PGA® Golf Scott Bishop (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980 Also released as "Golf"

Pac-Man® Mike Winans (Atari) Atarisoft 1983 Re-released by INTV Corp. without the Atari title screen

32-Pinball Minhchau Tran & Bob Newstadt (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1983

Pole Position® Mark Urbaniec (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1988

33-Reversi Greg Favor (APh) Mattel 1982

34-Royal Dealer Rich O'Keefe (APh) Mattel Electronics 1982

35-Sea Battle Ken Smith (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980

36-Shark! Shark! Ji Wen Tsao (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1982

37-Sharp Shot Frank Evans (APh) Mattel Electronics 1982

38-Slam Dunk: Super Pro Basketball Steve Ettinger (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1987

39-Slap Shot: Super Pro Hockey Ray Kaestner (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1987

40-Snafu Mike Minkoff (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1981

41-Space Armada John Brooks & Chris Hawley (APh) Mattel Electronics 1981

42-Space Battle Hal Finney (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980

43-Space Hawk Bill Fisher (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1982

44-Space Spartans Bill Fisher & Stephen Roney (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1982 Requires the Intellivoice module

45-Spiker! Super Pro Volleyball Steve Ettinger (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1989

46-Stadium Mud Buggies Rick Koenig (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1989

47-Star Strike Hal Finney & Brett Stutz (APh) Mattel Electronics 1982

48-Sub Hunt Tom Loughry (APh) Mattel Electronics 1982

49-Super Pro Decathlon Scott Robitelle (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1988

50-Super Pro Football John Tomlinson & Dave Warhol (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1986

51-Tennis Gavin Claypool (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980

52-Thin Ice Julie Hoshizaki (Mattel) INTV Corporation 1986

53-Thunder Castle David Warhol (Mattel) INTV Corporation 1986

54-Tower of Doom Daniel Bass (Mattel), John Tomlinson (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1987

55-Triple Action Rich O'Keefe (APh) Mattel Electronics 1981

56-Triple Challenge David Warhol (Realtime) INTV Corporation 1987

TRON® Deadly Disks Steve Sents (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1982

TRON® Maze-A-Tron Russ Haft (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1982

TRON® Solar Sailer Keith Robinson (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1983 Requires the Intellivoice module

57-U.S. Ski Team® Skiing Scott Reynolds (APh) Mattel Electronics 1980 Also released as "Skiing"

58-USCF® Chess unknown (Teletape Inc.), Russ Ludwick (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1983 Also released as "Chess"

59-Utopia Don Daglow (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1981

60-Vectron Mark Urbaniec (Mattel) Mattel Electronics 1983

61-World Championship Baseball Dan Dickerson (APh) INTV Corporation 1986

62-World Cup Soccer Mark Grant & Armand Barraud (Mattel Electronics France/Nice Ideas) Dextell Ltd. 1985

Pretty good list there. I'd say the red games are out, due to them being third party properties.

Also, Major League Baseball is not going to be included in the regular unit, just as a bonus game on the DG units. (I'm 99 percent sure about that).

How many games are going to be on this total, 60?

Okay, I am @62 games... To get to 60...

MLB seems to be one of the obvious choices ( as it seems to certainly be the bonus game for DG )

How about Triple Challenge as the other? All 3 games are already on the list.

Could that be the 60?

I would love to see the RED titles added, at least the 3 TRON games and the Data East stuff. Opps some how missed Burger Time.

I can see the atari / namco stuff not making it on, however, the flashback 5 seems to have m-network games, maybe a deal could have been made?

The Intellivision flashback could have the atari flashback included ( system changer ) and include the m-network games! I like Dark Caverns and a few others got some play back in the day.

I wouldn't miss Burgertime, Bump n Jump or Koolaid Man on the atari side at all. I do like the Adventures of Tron better on atari though... Come on Disney... let us have our TRON games!

Maybe we need a write in campaign, or would that be a facebook page these days?

OK, sort of good news. I was told that since testing and debugging is still going on, meaning that there may still need to be a change or two (however unlikely), they'd rather not release the list as of yet, but I can talk about a few of the bigger titles on there.

I can also say that while it's just first party stuff (sans any licensing or games that can't be stripped of licenses), you do have the voice games on there and two of the officially unreleased titles (at least back in the day). Frankly, as it concerns the legendary original Intellivision (and INTV) library, that should be all the clues that you need to at least get a good idea of what is and what is not on there until they're ready to release the list (and it sounds like that shouldn't be an issue once they're done with the final testing).

And since it was already basically discussed, yes, the bonus game is the original two player baseball game.

• Like 3

And since it was already basically discussed, yes, the bonus game is the original two player baseball game.

I consider this to be a required inclusion. I recommended it to a person who REALLY wants to play original baseball. Now he has to search out a specific model? I think that this one game is a MAJOR reason for people wanting to buy the flashback.

I consider this to be a required inclusion. I recommended it to a person who REALLY wants to play original baseball. Now he has to search out a specific model? I think that this one game is a MAJOR reason for people wanting to buy the flashback.

Again, there's already the other baseball game on there, complete with one player option. For the hardcore Intellivision fan who will have access to a second player and wants to be a purist/completist, by all means I can see them seeking out the version with the extra bonus game. That type of person is a relatively small minority, though. Looking at it practically, the average consumer buying this (i.e., the person who already doesn't own one or more Intellivisions, regularly uses emulation, etc.) won't know the difference and won't be missing out on anything. At least one baseball game that for all practical reasons is more or less the same except for having a one player option is on both versions. On the ColecoVision side it's not quite so cut and dry, because there's nothing else like the first party bonus game in the core 60. In either case, I'm sure the AtariAge audience will always prefer the version with the extra stuff, regardless. I know I would just on principle.

• Like 2

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but the 'Big League Baseball' (1 player) is not simply adding a second player capability to the original, it is different. It plays different. It has scrolling and reacts different.

The people like my friend who want to play the original are not 'purists'.....he ONLY wants to play Baseball, and the one he remembers. I don't know how 'typical' he is, but he isn't the type to collect Intellivisions, and there aren't a lot of other games he fondly remembers. And, all the military people who also played Intellivision baseball with him don't have any Intellivisions. None of them have Intellivisions but were excited that they could play baseball again when I sent the link. Now it is going to be 'never mind'.