IGNORED

Disk to tape

Magic Knight

Hello w1k,

Is this for Tubro Cassette recorder ? Here in US only use 600 bps per second. I am looking for standard speed copy from Tape to Disk both binaries and boot tape.

deleted..wait, i must find that software

-------------------------

here is SUPER COPY.. you can save 600baud to XEX/COM file..

ata4B.zip

Edited by w1k

I only want to find applications that can copy both single stage binary AND boot tape to DISK. Do you have any idea where to find the BEST applications to rescue my bad tape to disk ?

I have a few original tapes that appear to be bad tape.

It is possible to copy tape to disk. I don't know how 'boot' tapes, if multiple stage, work. Like going disk file to tape, I could go tape to disk, single stage both.

If you have a tape that won't load, has errors, it isn't going to copy, any effort to copy it will cause an error and quit. Another problem is the tape doesn't know where to run after it loads, until it

gets to the end of the load and initializes. The tape loads its records, then jumps to load address plus 16, or 6 (don't remember), to continue some execution that ends with a run address jmp instruction.

Going disk file to tape is easier because it is possible to obtain the run address in advance of copying, and you know what code you have in the init area because you put it there.

Edited by russg

Hello Russg,

What I need is applications on Atari. The applications must be able to rescue bad or damaged original tapes and copy both boot & muilt- binary tape. It must directly from tape back to disk only. I have no interesting disk to tape at all.

Hi,

I've been working on a tape to disk. I've learned that my TRAK2.BAS isn't correct. I"m working on a single stage tape to loadable disk file. It isn't going too well, will take some time.

I have no idea what my tape to disk file will do with encounter an error in the tape file. I suspect it will crash the program. I don't have any bad tapes to try. I've made a tape

of Kid Grid to binary load disk file. It does make a binary load file that works, but it is sorta luck that it works.

I have trouble with what starts at 0 and ends at 10 being 11 bytes. eg. #bytes of a file = endadress - startadress +1.

Edited by russg