IGNORED

Disk to tape

Magic Knight

do you have any working copy or original tapes to test and transfer either binary or boot tape to disk ?

I'm using an original Kid Grid tape. I have a few others, Genesis and Bruce Lee. Kid Grid is the best for testing, it is short.

I think Bruce Lee is copy protected, so it will be interesting once I get the Tape to disk file going.

Edited by russg

I'm using an original Kid Grid tape. I have a few others, Genesis and Bruce Lee. Kid Grid is the best for testing, it is short.

I think Bruce Lee is copy protected, so it will be interesting once I get the Tape to disk file going.

Here it is. A new slightly improved TRAK3.BAS binary load file analyzer and a tape to file copier. It worked on a Kid Grid single stage tape. I tried Bruce Lee and Genesis tapes, but they were clearly multistage tapes.

If you try my program and it only gets less than 10 records while copying, it is a multistage tape. Probably not many commercial tapes are single stage. The Tape to File is T2F10.BAS on this SmartDOS atr.

I remember Bruce Lee was extremely long loader and failed about three times before it successfully loaded.

This will copy a single stage tape to a binary load disk file. It won't copy your tapes with BASIC SAVE files on it. It is only for boot tapes.

TAP2FLE.zip

Edited by russg

I just tried it. It worked to do what my program does. It wrote a boot disk of Kid Grid. I ruined my original copy of the AT4B.ATR, I have to download it again.

I wonder if it will make a boot disk of Bruce Lee? That .atr has a lot of stuff on it. Wonder what they are?

Nope, it won't copy Bruce Lee either, stops after the first stage, but it has a bunch of stuff on it. I used SUPCOPY.XEX.

Edited by russg

Hello russg, Thank you for keep up. Let me know if you are successful cracked copy from protection if Bruce Lee tape to disk.

Caterpiggle,

That I can't do, crack a Bruce Lee commercial tape. Bruce Lee has long ago been cracked for a binary load & run from disk file.. I just found it and loaded it.

It wouldn't run with Sparta, mypicodos, menu disk. It would load and run properly from DOS 2.5. It loads in about 60 segments. It is probably

one of the more difficult cracks ever done. Well, runs properly to the start screen. I've never played it to the end. My son did, about 27 years ago.

He got to the boss at the end. I'm pretty sure this is the file that he used on DOS 2.5. About 1986.

I think it just starts over after the boss.

DOS25.zip

Edited by russg