IGNORED

PC Game Deals

JamesD

GOG is having a big sale.

To anyone who wants is here's a free code for System Shock 2:

NALS3ABA41321D20IM

Edit:

This bundle looks good, almost all the games have good reviews:

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/worlds-apart-bundle?utm_source=Bundle%20Stars%20Newsletter&utm_campaign=b7fd9a6a69-Worlds_Apart_Bundle_11_04_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_3437eaaeba-b7fd9a6a69-419304681&mc_cid=b7fd9a6a69&mc_eid=524239b15f

Bought Stasis from GOG because it looked pretty good from reviews. Plus playing the original Fallout kind of put me in the mood to play more isometric games. Already have System Shock 2, need to get around to play it and the original more, so I have a key someone can have:

NALSFA3F7994B58DOS

• Like 1

Bought Stasis from GOG because it looked pretty good from reviews. Plus playing the original Fallout kind of put me in the mood to play more isometric games. Already have System Shock 2, need to get around to play it and the original more, so I have a key someone can have:

NALSFA3F7994B58DOS

Thanks. I haven't played this one in forever. If anybody wants, here's a couple steam code doubles from various bundles.

skulls of the shogun: X7PRF-5V9I5-XAQP4
symphony: E3WK0-ETFCJ-T4LTG

Pushing G2A again 3rd party key seller that has massive discounts on new and old games. I have had nothing but success with them, even their customer service team does excellent.

https://www.g2a.com/r/user-562a7f86c8b33

Although one thing to remember about 3rd party key sellers is that you're taking your chances in some cases, such as what happened with the latest Batman game and the refund policy announced letting people refund the buggy turd until the end of the year - games bought with 3rd party key sellers are not included in the refund offer. So I'd only recommend using those kinds of services for games that are already out and are known to be relatively free of game stopping bugs. :)

(Not saying anything at all about G2A at all with this mind you. Just to be careful what games you buy like this to save a buck and to make sure you expect the game to run on your comp least you end up in a situation like those who bought Batman AK.)

• Like 1

I was able to snag Mad Max from there for 16 bucks and didn't have a problem. They have like a protection thing for a dollar I think in case a key doesn't work. Only thing I didn't like is you have to put in your phone number and they might call you to verify your purchase. They didn't call me though but it's something to keep in mind.

I was able to snag Mad Max from there for 16 bucks and didn't have a problem. They have like a protection thing for a dollar I think in case a key doesn't work. Only thing I didn't like is you have to put in your phone number and they might call you to verify your purchase. They didn't call me though but it's something to keep in mind.

They will probably just sell your number to telemarketers.

They stated that they could not assist, and as a side note from a recent experience with them, Do not pre order a list titles from them. Fallout 4 release was a disaster. First they were hit with a DDOS, then in the midst of that they had their login and support comprimised, and finally after about 3 hrs past the 00:00 CET release time, they started getting codes out to people. Great service and customer support otherwise.

You are correct, you are taking your chances, and I am contacting G2A support about this as I type this message out to see if they will be able to assist in any way, though I assume not. I will post their response after I receive it.

Although one thing to remember about 3rd party key sellers is that you're taking your chances in some cases, such as what happened with the latest Batman game and the refund policy announced letting people refund the buggy turd until the end of the year - games bought with 3rd party key sellers are not included in the refund offer. So I'd only recommend using those kinds of services for games that are already out and are known to be relatively free of game stopping bugs. :)

(Not saying anything at all about G2A at all with this mind you. Just to be careful what games you buy like this to save a buck and to make sure you expect the game to run on your comp least you end up in a situation like those who bought Batman AK.)

FWIW: Ive got nearly 300 transactions with them, only 4 of them have been negative.

Edited by aikainnet

Heads up. Watch what you buy from Green Man gaming:

http://www.destructoid.com/more-publishers-claim-green-man-gaming-are-selling-their-games-unauthorised-321233.phtml

I had issues with these idiots years ago trying to access my own games and they didn't help at all (whether it was through their forum, technical or twitter). I only had a few games less than 5 bucks total (a few Genesis classics and an indie game). I was really surprised at the lack of help or concern.

Since then I've never bought anything through them even if it was a sale. I guess I'm glad I stuck with my blacklist.

Free Eurofighter Typhoon key. You'll have to scroll down to find it and enter your email address.
https://www.indiegala.com/store

*edit*
And they have a surprise giveaway for Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising after entering.
It will take you to that page after entering above if they are still doing it.

Edited by JamesD

"The least surprising news of the day, and perhaps the year, is that Steam Autumn and Holiday sales are on the way. But this year's events will actually be a little bit unusual. According to a Reddit re-post of a Steamworks Developer Group message, later confirmed by Eurogamer, neither daily deals nor flash sales will be offered.

Daily sales is a fairly self-evident concept, while flash sales are much shorter-duration deals that often offer seriously steep discounts—like when the blue light goes off at K-Mart and middle-aged shoppers start throwing elbows to save 80 percent on pillow shams. Both have been standard, and very popular, features of previous Steam sales, but Valve is apparently looking to change things up.

"In past sale events, we’ve asked for two discounts—a duration discount that runs for the length of the sale, and a feature discount that runs in the event that a game is featured on the front page. This year, to optimize the sale for customers and to allow us to feature and recommend your products in more ways to more customers, we’re asking for just one discount, to run the length of the sale," the message from Valve says. "We’ll still be highlighting top games on the front page for 24-48 hour spans, but those products will stay at their most competitive discount, before and after being featured. It’s not a major change, but it does make the sale a lot more valuable for customers, and it allows us to build sale tools that highlight and recommend products all sale long, instead of just during front page features."

The report says the Steam Fall Sale kicks off at 10 am PST on November 25 and runs until 10 am PST on December 1, while the Winter Sale will begin at 10 am PST on December 22 and end at 10 am PST on January 4."

http://www.pcgamer.com/steams-autumn-and-winter-sales-will-ditch-daily-deals-and-flash-sales/

Oh good, James saves me the posting of the link. In short I see this being the most bland Steam sale ever. You're going to be able to see the sales all on day 1 like this. Buy what you think you want at those lower deals (As people say, a dev is far far less likely to let their game go on sale for 80%-95% for a full week or two compared to 8hrs, so expect up to 50% to be more the norm) and then you can call it a day and go about your life. There won't be a need to check the site a few times a day to see if anything new hits a flash sale, and thus far less likely of picking up impulse buys from the 80%+ limited time discounts. I'd say at least half of my own Steam library are those impulse sales, and all of the library are sales of one sort of another.

Some are speculating it's because Steam wants to avoid refund abuse - buy game, see it as a flash sale later, refund, rebuy at lower price. If that's all it is, rather than them hoping to get more money overall from not letting sales get too big, then all they have to do is adjust their refund policy to limit that. For instance, if you refund a game prevent the repurchasing of it for a week or more. Long enough for those flash sales to pass on by. If you're just trying to make (Ab)use of the refund system, then this is stopping you as it should. If you're refunding a game because you don't like it and regret purchasing it, this ain't stopping you or slowing you down.

Oh well, overall I expect to spend far far less this year. Probably a good thing. (For me at least.)