IGNORED

PC Game Deals

JamesD

Eh, just delete the DOSBOX folder along with the .conf files and anything with more than eight characters in a filename...

In addition to playing my DOS games in GOG Galaxy, I also run them through DOSbox-SVN-Daun for that CRT shader effect.

That works for some games but not for others. I tried to get the racing game Screamer to work from GoG and I got fed up with it and just downloaded the CD-rom ISO.

Some games published by Square Enix are on sale on Steam that ends the 26th. Some on my wish list that popped up:

Rise of the Tomb Raider 11.99

Just Cause 3 2.99

Thief Gold 0.97

I think Thief Gold would be an instant buy for me had this been a GOG sale. I'm trying to get as much from there as possible.

Thimbleweed Park free on Epic store.

JamesD, I get the sense that it's just you and me here in this thread. :lolblue:

I can highly recommend Thimbleweed Park. It is very well done. I own the LRG release for PS4 and played it that way, but it was an amazing week playing through it. I also was surprised by all the Maniac Mansion references so in a way it isn't a sequel to that game per se, but it plays in the same style of character switching to get things done and totally set in the same universe as Maniac Mansion and I was very OK with that.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-
  • Like 2

I still come and read this thread, but I think similar to what I've heard from others that I'm kinda done buying bundles for no reason. My PC game collection is now able to last the rest of my lifetime, so I've become choosier. The thrill of cheap digital distribution is gone - LOL

I haven't tried Epic games yet. Is it worth it? I still don't know if I've uninstalled the Origin client from that time I tried it out.

• Like 2

I still come and read this thread, but I think similar to what I've heard from others that I'm kinda done buying bundles for no reason. My PC game collection is now able to last the rest of my lifetime, so I've become choosier. The thrill of cheap digital distribution is gone - LOL

I haven't tried Epic games yet. Is it worth it? I still don't know if I've uninstalled the Origin client from that time I tried it out.

I can agree with this. I've got tons of stuff that came in bundles that I was really only interested in like 1 maybe two games that were part of the original bundle. As a result I've a backlog that I'm likely to never get through. However, my Origin is used nearly as much as Steam on my PC and I've got quite the small stockpile of digital releases through that client as well.

I've been curious about Epic but man... I can't keep up as it is!

• Like 1