IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

Thank You

Everything is from the 80's when I grew up with these toys.

The Donkey Kong needs a cosmetic resto real bad but works great.

I had to sell Asteroids and Tempest to make room for the TI LOL

I had Tempest that I restored when I was 16. Had to sell it before we moved to Florida. Miss that thing -- is a great game!

• Like 1

I don't think I could have parted with Asteroids.... Any vector-based graphic games tickle my pickle though... To this day, I want more than anything to have a nice working Vectrex system.... My buddy had one when I was a kid, and I've never seen one in the wild since.

Yea, I'd have gotten rid of DK before Asteroids. :)

• Like 1

I don't think I could have parted with Asteroids.... Any vector-based graphic games tickle my pickle though... To this day, I want more than anything to have a nice working Vectrex system.... My buddy had one when I was a kid, and I've never seen one in the wild since.

Tempest is also Vector based but with color :)

was going for $25 on ebay, figured I'd bid on it, probably wouldn't win, and next thing I know, I'm getting an email saying I won..... The copy of 99er magazine that came with it Vol. 1 No. 5, puts it in early 82, the keys still have the texture of a new keyboard too.

• Like 1

The early 82 keyboards are great--when a key starts sticking or double-tripping, just pop the offending key's cap and clean it gently with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol. . .

And you can be sure of the manufacture date by looking on the bottom. You should find an LTA or an ATA down there followed by four numbers. The first two are the week and the second two are the year.

The early 82 keyboards are great--when a key starts sticking or double-tripping, just pop the offending key's cap and clean it gently with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol. . .

And you can be sure of the manufacture date by looking on the bottom. You should find an LTA or an ATA down there followed by four numbers. The first two are the week and the second two are the year.

thanks for that tip, a couple of the keys do that. LTA1982 is the code on the bottom, so looks like first week of May 82

Congrats on the nice priced and unexpected win. It's a nice feeling having a backup in case anything goes wrong. When a piece of electronics is this old, anything could happen.

Thanks. And yes never know, but it's amazing how they built things to last back then.

I have a telecom rack I inherited 12 years ago when my employer folded. It has been used sparsely until probably the past few years when I thought to myself, "self, I sure could mount a lot of other stuff on that." So now I have two UPSs at the bottom, my workstation and internal C&C server, then a huge LaserJet 4050 printer (you see the top of it in the pic,) then the meat: TI PEB, Commodore 128D, and Amiga 4000D.

My desk is off to the right with two 20" Dell monitors which have composite for the TI, S-Video for the Commodore 128D 40-column screen (no solution for the RGBI, yet,) SVGA for the Amiga via a Picasso IV, and of course DVI for the Windows workstation. The TI sits on the desk near the rack with its fire hose cable at maximum tuggage. The Amiga shares the wireless USB keyboard and mouse with the Windows machine. I have yet to place a keyboard for the 128D since I really only just put it on the rack last week.

I am in the process of moving things around, so this is not even its final form.

post-27864-0-98897000-1431327703_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Is that a baseball pinball machine, second from the back...In the white(ish) case?

Big shot? Pool theme.. goes Gorgar, Flash, Xenon, Space Invaders, Big Shot and Hokus Pokus - also have a hyperball not in that area..

PANO_20150414_143509.jpg

so that's my "warehouse" aka the largest space at the rv/storage/warehouse place.. also have a few at home too: Spanish Eyes, Galahad and Joust (em's) on one side and Black Knight and Pinbot on the other

IMG_20141204_183556.jpg

Edited by arcadeshopper
  • Like 2

Gee I love pinball, wish I lived nearby so I could ask to come play.

Remember some of the first talkies and multiballs like fire power, gorgar, black knight and alien poker? I used to be able free game those pretty consistently in my "yout". Play a whole lunch hour many times on just one quarter.

Gee I love pinball, wish I lived nearby so I could ask to come play.

Remember some of the first talkies and multiballs like fire power, gorgar, black knight and alien poker? I used to be able free game those pretty consistently in my "yout". Play a whole lunch hour many times on just one quarter.

Yeah i have that same problem :) though mine is needing more space.. if your in town lmk we can work something out.. Portland is nice may-sept :)