IGNORED

Announcing: Free Play Florida!

prOk

Firetiger, we most likely did meet at some point. I brought the Food Fight and plotzed around in the tech room a bit. I think the lanyard decals will be a go, whether it's worthwhile or not we'll find out!

We also announced screenings of The King of Arcades and The Video Craze, TRON, Mario Bros and GORF world record events, Dragon's Lair with a giant joystick and some Doctor Who fun :) For the Atari crowd what would be something everyone would like to see/do?

As one who would be part of the Atari crowd, I'm not sure what I would want to see at Free Play. I've only gone to one event like this, so am entirely unsure what to expect.

Fair enough :) What would you like to see? I'm a long time atari collector and fan as well, I can put together pretty much anything atari!

• 2 months later...

Thought i'd post a recent bump here! We are barely 6 weeks away from the event in florida and we have a TON of stuff lined up.

The Giant Joystick project is complete and will be there to play, this is a 4 foot tall replica of a classic balltop joystick that can play just about anything :) We're also going to have a very near complete collection of released Star Wars arcade machines, at least 10 world record game attempts, nearly 30 special guests including Walter Day, Billy Mitchell, Jerry Buckner and so much more.

On the vendor side, we will have a few classic cart vendors, lots of video game and pinball parts and some great artists.

Please check out our site at freeplayflorida.com or like us on facebook at <a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://www.facebook.com/freeplayflorida%20and%20we%20really%20do%20hope%20to%20see%20you%20there.%20%C2%A0It" href="http://www.facebook.com/freeplayflorida%20and%20we%20really%20do%20hope%20to%20see%20you%20there.%20%C2%A0It" s%20all%20about%20the%20game!"="">http://www.facebook.com/freeplayflorida

We hope to see you there!

Edited by prOk

If you're a star wars fan, we will have at last count, a 25 member march of the 501 lead by darth vader himself into our star wars presentation of virtually every coin operated star wars game made..

Billy michell will be putting out a special 1 on one challenge at pac man, and George Leutz will be on Q*bert. Current donkey kong world record holder Robbie Lakeman will be there to projtect his record as well as John Salter and David Cruz going for a 36 hour marathon record on TRON. The Papa tournament will live stream around the world as we are a full Papa Circuit tyournament event.

All this to do is a lot! But we've not even begun to talk about celebrity signing events, Arcade Legend's panels so big they had to be broken into three , and if that's not enough, with the Walking Dead pinball released, who better than Michael Koske, a featured walker in the AMC TV show whose likeness is featured on the pinball backglass will be there doing signings...

We have a TON planned for you!

Very cool. I was just checking the schedule on the FreePlay Florida site but it doesn't seem to have been updated. Any idea when you'll have the schedule available?

We hope to publish the full detailed schedule this weekend.. it's really tough to do until you have confirmation of everything in order to really nail it down in half hour increments! Saturday is pretty much jam packed from the open to closed with things going on.

• 4 weeks later...