IGNORED

Art of Atari - book in progress and need help

lapetino

Wow, that was weird... I was just thinking of asking for an update to this thread since we hadn't heard anything in a while, and lo-and-behold, the good news is finally here ! So very glad that the project didn't fall into "development hell".

This looks absolutely amazing... the demo pages in the Comics Alliance site have got me drooling for this already.

Awesome work, Tim and Robert... it's going to be hard waiting until the fall for this!

Will this be generally available in bookstores, or through Amazon only? Or can we buy it from the publishers?

Thanks!

Pre-ordering right now.

Thank you for making this. This is a dream I had to do years ago, but a lack of ambition combined with a total lack of any ambition prevented me from doing so! Glad to see this has become a reality. The art of Atari deserves this.

Just preordered two! Thanks SO MUCH for putting this book together!

Just out of curiosity, might there be a possibility of ordering poster-sized prints of the Atari artwork? I'd give a lot to have a high-quality print of 2600 Missile Command (among others) on my game room wall.

• Like 1

Just preordered two! Thanks SO MUCH for putting this book together!

Just out of curiosity, might there be a possibility of ordering poster-sized prints of the Atari artwork? I'd give a lot to have a high-quality print of 2600 Missile Command (among others) on my game room wall.

+1 on poster-sized prints! :-D

Wow, that was weird... I was just thinking of asking for an update to this thread since we hadn't heard anything in a while, and lo-and-behold, the good news is finally here ! So very glad that the project didn't fall into "development hell".

This looks absolutely amazing... the demo pages in the Comics Alliance site have got me drooling for this already.

Awesome work, Tim and Robert... it's going to be hard waiting until the fall for this!

Will this be generally available in bookstores, or through Amazon only? Or can we buy it from the publishers?

Thanks!

It will definitely be available through Amazon, as well as local comic book stores. Not sure what other bookstores it will be sold in.

Thanks for the kudos! We are just as excited!

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't read all these pages, but I just saw it mentioned on boingboing and the first thing that came to mind was "WTF is it with that Pitfall box?".

http://boingboing.net/2016/04/29/take-a-nostalgic-trip-through.html

Haha, yeah, I was waiting for someone here to see that and mention it. It went out with some press release images -- some from the WIP book, and apparently some from other sources. I'm not sure where it came from, honestly.