IGNORED

New Harmony product: Harmony Encore

batari

• 2 weeks later...

Harmony Encore is nearing completion. I have several cartridges left over from the show in January this year, but have been holding onto them until the BIOS was more functional. It looks like a functional, pre-production version of the BIOS will be ready just in time for SRGE this weekend.

I will not have a booth or table at the event but I will bring a few Harmony Encore cartridges with me in case anyone wishes to purchase one or upgrade their old Harmony. I will be wearing a T-shirt with the Harmony logo so it should be easy to find me :)

The Encore will sell for $85, or you may upgrade your existing Harmony for $25-$40 (depending on when it was purchased.) If it was purchased on or after November, 2013, it will be $25, otherwise $40. If you wish to upgrade, this is a good opportunity to do so without having to ship your old cartridge back to me.

If you can't make it to the show, the Encore will be officially released in a few weeks and you will be able to order on the Harmony webpage.

Thanks!

• Like 7

attachicon.gifzeldaDONE.jpg

Its high time we got our own gold box special :)

Question: Will the Harmony 2/Concerto/7800 support the same feature set as the Harmony Encore (on the 2600 side), or does the Encore have exclusive features that the 7800 version doesn't?

Reason I ask is I plan on keeping my original Harmony, but I want to get the Concerto for my 7800. If the Concerto and Encore are redundant as far as 2600 capabilities, I might as well get the Concerto fot 7800 and advanced 2600 features, and keep the original Harmony for my stock woodgrain 4-switcher.

Otherwise, I'll have to buy both... :P

Harmony Encore is nearing completion. I have several cartridges left over from the show in January this year, but have been holding onto them until the BIOS was more functional. It looks like a functional, pre-production version of the BIOS will be ready just in time for SRGE this weekend.

I will not have a booth or table at the event but I will bring a few Harmony Encore cartridges with me in case anyone wishes to purchase one or upgrade their old Harmony. I will be wearing a T-shirt with the Harmony logo so it should be easy to find me :)

The Encore will sell for $85, or you may upgrade your existing Harmony for $25-$40 (depending on when it was purchased.) If it was purchased on or after November, 2013, it will be $25, otherwise $40. If you wish to upgrade, this is a good opportunity to do so without having to ship your old cartridge back to me.

If you can't make it to the show, the Encore will be officially released in a few weeks and you will be able to order on the Harmony webpage.

Thanks!

quick question: will the upgrading be avaiable via mail since I won't be at srge

also any chance of you being at CGE doing the same thing your doing at srge.

hopefully I'll get my 7800 back up and working and I would buy the centro when it available

Question: Will the Harmony 2/Concerto/7800 support the same feature set as the Harmony Encore (on the 2600 side), or does the Encore have exclusive features that the 7800 version doesn't?

Reason I ask is I plan on keeping my original Harmony, but I want to get the Concerto for my 7800. If the Concerto and Encore are redundant as far as 2600 capabilities, I might as well get the Concerto fot 7800 and advanced 2600 features, and keep the original Harmony for my stock woodgrain 4-switcher.

Otherwise, I'll have to buy both... :P

The Encore will not have exclusive features relative to the Concerto. However, although it is the design intention that the Concerto will support all Harmony Encore features, I can't promise it will be 100% compatible. It probably will be, but there's always a chance something will slip through.

quick question: will the upgrading be avaiable via mail since I won't be at srge

also any chance of you being at CGE doing the same thing your doing at srge.

hopefully I'll get my 7800 back up and working and I would buy the centro when it available

I intend to be at CGE this year doing the same thing. Upgrading to Encore is less of a hassle for everyone if we can do it in person.

I will make another post if I am able to attend CGE (which is likely.)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad to see the Harmony further developed. With the extra memory it's that much closer to what Chimera was conceived to be.

I'll have to finally get one of these when I eventually get some sort of system setup again, as my hardware is in a sorry state currently.

• 2 weeks later...

I intend to be at CGE this year doing the same thing. Upgrading to Encore is less of a hassle for everyone if we can do it in person.

I will make another post if I am able to attend CGE (which is likely.)

I'll be attending CGE this year. I'd love to upgrade my Harmony cart while there!

• 4 weeks later...

I will be at CGE with Harmony Encores. Have plane tickets and a room at the Riviera, though I won't be there until Friday afternoon at the earliest. Best to look for me at the show Saturday.

More info to come.

Thanks,

Fred

You may need to provide a photo of yourself for attendees to spot you with :D

• Like 1

You may need to provide a photo of yourself for attendees to spot you with :D

Just look for some big, tallish guy wearing this T-shirt with this very distinctive QR code on the back.

post-5792-0-97345900-1410303767_thumb.jpg

I realize the shirt has other markings, but honestly, all yin-yangs kind of look alike.

I will probably only wear it Saturday, however... I may wear a blue Atariage shirt on Sunday.