IGNORED

How do you celebrate the Super Bowl

mr_intv

As a Canadian, the NHL is gospel, but the NFL is my favourite non hockey league. I'm curious what everyone does for the Super Bowl, in years past I play some Tecmo Bowl, 10 yd Fight, and Super Pro Football on the good ole intellivision, which is then followed up with chili, chips, beer.....repeat! We takes turns hosting the game so this year will be at a buddies house. I wear my Packers Jersey and most everyone will wear the jersey of their favorite team. So what does everyone else do? If anything. ?

Seattle Seahawks vs Denver Broncos = The Pot Bowl.

Some of the tailgate parties will get... interesting.

[in case anyone is wondering, no I don't smoke]

LOL! as I being non-american, would you elaborate this to me please :) (just out of curiosity - I don't smoke either)

Back home in Guam the Superbowl occurs early Monday morning so it's essentially an unofficial holiday for a lot of people with breakfasts & brunch parties occurring all over. My old high school essentially let all the students loose and lets them bring in their tv's and basically run wild in the class, watching the game.

After I moved to the East coast all of a sudden the Superbowl is on Sunday night and goes into the late evening and I don't know but there's just something that feels WRONG about that. I'm still not used to it. :lol:

• Like 1

Wow i must be the only one that doesnt watch the superbowl. :)

I only watch the Superbowl depending on who is playing. In years I don't care about either team, I record the game to watch the commercials (and fast forward through the game). These commercials are the best all year (some will be replayed again while others will not be seen again).

Back home in Guam the Superbowl occurs early Monday morning so it's essentially an unofficial holiday for a lot of people with breakfasts & brunch parties occurring all over.

Always good to hear about Guam. Lived there from 1994-1995. Great place.

I don't follow Football.

Edited by doctorclu

I avoid it like the plague.

Which is hard, because my wife's aunt will come over to watch the game at our apartment to get away from the sister she lives with, to watch the game with the other sister (my wife's mom). If I go into work, I have to listen to everyone talking about the game, and playing it over the radio.

Pretty much the only way to avoid is to go do a friend's house who also doesn't care about the game.