IGNORED

Pitfall II

Brad2600

Has anyone had any fun with this game?

It's nice looking and all but I hate it when I get killed and Harry goes all the way back to the beginning.

It would be nice to hack the game so that this doesn't happen. I'm sure this is why the cart is somewhat rare...perhaps others who bought it new found it frustrating whenever they got killed?

That's the first time I've heard someone dislike PII. I think it's a master piece. I much prefer the checkpoints to only having 3 lives. The huge (for the VCS) world, good animation, kick ass music and clever stuff like the balloons make PII one of the best of any system IMHO.

Besides if this was a game with only 3 lives I NEVER would have finished it. :)

The check points are little crosses or x's i cant think right now lol. But anyway when you get hit by something it takes you back to the last check point. You must have not gotten to the second one wow :roll: ? I do feel your pain i love the game but i do get annoyed when im almsot to the next checkpont and something hits me and i have to start back over at the last check point. Well this is my last post til sunday night we are leaving for a short spring break you can have the flashing girls and beer just give me the flea markets at the beach! :D

They look like crosses; run over them.  And if you have a problem liking the game, you can just donate it to ME :)

Nah. I'd rather play it again and see how I can do. I guess my reflexes were crappy that day and usually when I'm well rested, I can play a game very well.

I'm keeping it. :P

heh yeah if you haven't gotten to the first checkpoint.. then you really haven't put in much time into the game at all ;)

I feel your pain though... but the whole point of it is to not get hit.. keep exploring, and you WILL find that first checkpoint. The checkpoint locations are strategically placed. :)

The 2600 version is good, but the 5200 version is even better. Two words: bonus world. I don't think there's a bonus world in the 2600 version. Of course I may be wrong.

Pitfall, Pitfall II, Frogger II, and River Raid are among the best games ever made for any system old or new. Give Pitfal II a second chance. I guarantee you''ll fall in love with it once you figure out the timing needed to run under the various obstacles (like the bats) and the pattern of boards.

The 2600 version is good, but the 5200 version is even better.  Two words: bonus world.  I don't think there's a bonus world in the 2600 version.  Of course I may be wrong.

Pitfall, Pitfall II, Frogger II, and River Raid are among the best games ever made for any system old or new.  Give Pitfal II a second chance.  I guarantee you''ll fall in love with it once you figure out the timing needed to run under the various obstacles (like the bats) and the pattern of boards.

Hmmmm... I better try playing some Pitfall II on 5200 this weekend then! I don't have it for 2600, and I just got it for 5200, but haven't played it much. Looks like I have something to do this weekend ;)

I absolutely love Pitfall II. It takes a lot of practice, but once you have been playing it for about 17 years like me, you can beat it really quick. I think it takes me about 15-20 mins now to get through it all.

I need to get the 5200 version for the extra world. I didn't know about it under recently.

I absolutely love Pitfall II.  It takes a lot of practice, but once you have been playing it for about 17 years like me, you can beat it really quick.  I think it takes me about 15-20 mins now to get through it all.

I need to get the 5200 version for the extra world.  I didn't know about it under recently.

The 8-bit version also has the extra world if you have an Atari computer.

I need to get the 5200 version for the extra world.  I didn't know about it under recently.

The 8-bit version also has the extra world if you have an Atari computer.

Yeah, I had played that at a computer store not long after it had come out, and when I won, some kind of thing appeared...I hesitated, then walked into it...holy crap! Some additional stuff there! The way that one bat moves is REAL freaky! (And you thought they were a pain before?)

The beauty of this game is the annoying nature of the "dragback". Personally, I have won this game at least twenty times, never having a single dragback each time. . . practice is key!!

- I am a Serious Lame-Ass

www.leonardmarino.com

Since you're just learning to play then score will not matter to you at this time. You can just fall down into one of the pits and swim nearly to one of the checkpoints. (I think you have to get past a frog.) This will cause you to miss one gold bar that is above ground all the way to the right, but go for it when you get your "bat and condor timing" down a little better. 199,000 is the maximum score possible.

Pitfal II is a great game. It is probably one of the best side scroller platform games on the old system.

5200 version is even better, I have not ever been able to beat the second world, because I suck at that part of the game.

I thought it was odd that the 5200 graphics were nearly exactly identical to the 2600 version of the game. But considering the game looks awesome to begin with, no biggie.

If you touch the red plusses on the floor, you will start at that point when you die. You can touch them as many times as you want/need to, just remember, it drags you back to the LAST checkpoint you touch.

I've beaten the game many times. I'm still aiming for that ever elusive Perfect Score, but I regularly get 160,000+ on it, so i'm a lot better than I was back in the day (when I'd consider it a good game to break 100,000)

Hey, Anybody got Ed's Pit, Pitfall III? I saw this mentioned somewhere, but never saw copies available. I was wondering if it ever got released, because I'd like a new pitfall game.

I believe Pitfall II was a quite an expensive Cartridge when it first came out than the other Cartridges.

Or am I wrong ?

But it would of been worth every cent.  :)

yup it was $10 or $20 more than most carts, i bought it new. and it was worth every penny.